Tuesday 31 January 2023

Continuing from yesterday

Day 9 will be out tomorrow.

First in today is Carol with her days five and six and who says

"Dear Jane:
Day 6 + Day 7 tatted patterns are attached. My guess is a tatted dog. In the day 6 photo, you will see a portion of Georges Seurat's "Bathers in Asnieres Performance Di Medici."
I am using Lizbeth, Size 20, Color 651.
I'm enjoying the tatting and learning new tatting techniques. Awesome playing this game with our global tatting friends.
Looking forward to tatting Day 8 + catching up with the other participants : )
Always, Carol in NW Indiana, USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life IIhttps://lelia-stitchesoflife.blogspot.com/  -- "





Ruth is next to arrive and this is what she has to say

"Hello Jane,
Here is my Day 7 and 8. I have no idea! If the day 8 "arm" had faced the other way, I would suggest a hydra!
I enjoy seeing how other people style their photographs.
Regards
Ruth in Narrabri, NSW Australia "

Confused?  I'm delighted!!!!!



Rita is next in the inbox and her comment is this

"Still looks like a sea creature.
Rita"

Hmmm, yes it does.  No further comment!!!




Coretta ran into problems with her thread. What rotten luck. She says

"I was going to finish 7 and 8 before bed, but my thread broke in 8 so that will be tomorrow. :("

What bad luck.  See you later today, perhaps.




Kerstin has arrived all the way from Germany.  Welcome, Kerstin you’re never too late to join the TIAS.  She says

“Dear Jane,
fortunately, I found the TIAS 2 days ago and hurried up to be up to date… Here is my picture. 
I had no idea so far, but during I was looking at the lots of previous pictures, I thought, hmmm, could it be an ape?
So now, I am sure, it will be an ape at the end 😊
It is exciting as every year, thanks a lot for the time you spend with us.
Greetings from Germany
Yours Kerstin”

Well it could be an ape, I suppose, Kerstin!!!




Pam is back with her day 8 and she has this to say

“Ostrich either running fast or kicking somebody behind him?”

Well done with the seta/setb problem, Pam.  You did it beautifully.




Maria has just arrived with her day 8 and this is what she says

“Dear Jane,
Here is the Thing, Super Tat, happily dancing…
I had some problems with the direction of the arm… I had to retrotat and tat again….
Love 
Maria “

Is that you happily dancing or the ‘thing’, Maria?  I think it’s both of you!!!!!!  




Melanie has been thinking hard about what we’re making and she’s just arrived with this comment

“Hi there!
I finished Day 8. I'm tatting this with Anchor thread size 20. It seems smaller than other size 20. Definitely softer. I'm not sure I like how it lays with the way I did the CWJ. Ah well....
As for what we're creating? I'm still trying to imagine what will connect to those picots from Day 3. Maybe when we get to those, we'll be tatting a cap for a swimmer in the big blue sea. 
Thanks for the game, I enjoy reading what everyone around the world sends in!
Melanie”

Now that’s a novel suggestion, Melanie.  I like that one.  


















































No comments: