Friday 11 March 2022
What a lovely surprise to get another dragon and not long before heading for bed too. This is from Betty via Mary Ann who has sent it on. This is what she says
85. “Hi Jane. It's Mary Ann from Michigan, tatting in Yuma for the winter. I received this picture from Betty, in Missouri. She finished the TIAS and I wanted you to see her work and add her into your total submissions for this year. We all really enjoyed the exercise! Betty said she learned lock chains and brushed up on SCMR. It's finally warming up here in Yuma. 😎 Mary Ann”
Glad it’s warming up for you - wish it would over here!!! Thanks for sending Betty’s dragon in.
Wednesday 9 March 2022
A lovely sunny day both outside and now inside with the arrival of Teresa's dragon.
Pinkie finally decided to vine out of hiding … well she was in the bottom of a Tamie bag … to get her crowning glory.
Your TIAS’s are always so much fun to do! At any rate, she’ll join Gumball in my tatted menagerie."
Tuesday 8 March 2022
The sun is shining - a rare event lately and another dragon has arrived.
This one is from Maureen who says
82. "Doris finally made it! No excuses really, she lives firmly by the precept to never explain anything, even her tardiness.
I thought that I wouldn’t love another TIAS as much as I loved our Fox last year, but then Doris came along and she’s gorgeous! She kept me guessing until the second last day, I thought she was going to be a dachshund.
Thank you so much for all the work you do to bring pleasure to so many of us at the start of every year-
Lizbeth 20 #688"
83. Another arrival today which I'm really pleased about. This is from Karen who says
Thank you for your patience. Doris (the dragon formerly known as Durante) is ready for her debut!
I snapped her photo as she glided down for a landing on my tatting chair.
I have SO ENJOYED tatting this dragon! Merci Mille Fois for sharing the brilliance of your pattern with us."
Thank you, Karen - a lovely soft landing for her on your chair!!!!
Friday 4 March 2022
A pleasant surprise this afternoon when Mary's dragon arrived. This is what she has to say
80. "Hello Jane
Thank you for another TIAS. Got in a muddle with the lock chains, so my attempt is a little different!
Best wishes from Bucks UK
The lock chains look fine to me, Mary. Nothing wrong with them at all."
Wednesday 2 March 2022
Another grey day here in England!!
First in today is Priyanka
78. "Dear Jane,
Thank you for the TIAS. It was a pleasant learning experience. I have learnt the lock chains.
I'm glad you managed the lock chains SO successfully, Priyanka.
79. Next in this morning is from Carina. Anita kindly sent it in. I agree wholeheartedly, Anita. The colour is great.
This dragon is tatted by Carina, a member of our tatting group in Stockholm. Isn’t the choice of colour just great?
Tuesday 1 March 2022
Back to grey days but a cheerful start on this blog.
74. First in today is from Sue who says
"He's been camera shy but manage to get him in the scanner :-)I went wrong at the tail but managed to get round it...
He's smashing - thank you for all your hard work"
Thanks, Sue. Glad he got brave enough to fly in from London!!!
75. Next in is from Sandy who says this
Here's Doris from Bremerton, WA, USA. Thank you so much for continually sharing your talent. I loved tatting this adorable dragon I think this is going to the wrong email but I was unable to post or send from the other address.
No worries about the email address - they all forward into this one anyway!!! Nothing escapes tatting emails!!!
Nona has sent in two of her friends dragons and the first one is from Mary who says
76. “ My dragon only has 3 wings. I ran out of thread. ”
Oh poor little dragon, Mary!!! She still seems to be flying well, though!!!
Next in from Nona is Aggie’s dragon and she says
77. “Here's my dragon. I had to take out the first part of the wing all the way to the tail because I didn't read the instructions carefully and didn't do the lock chain. We live and learn. But it was fun.
Many others didn’t read the instructions either, Aggie - you weren’t on your own!!!!