Monday 23 January 2023

Monday 23rd

Another week arrives and also a few more TIAS’s. Not yet sure whether day 6 will be tomorrow or Wednesday yet as I think there are quite a few people still catching up.

Here’s the first one in my inbox this morning and it’s from Wanda who says

“Hello, Jane. Here is my day 5. I'm not sure it's an elephant, but I think it's an animal - a tail and a leg. But what animal??? Hmm...
Until day 6. Wanda”



Rita was next to arrive while I was asleep and she has this to say

“I need to work on those Catherine Wheel joins but it's done!
Rita”

They look fine to me, Rita.




Sharren has arrived next in my inbox and she says

“Day 5 complete and now it's time for ... Silly Guess Central!!
Tin man (from Wizard of Oz) in progress, just need another arm, let, half a body, head, - - and heart!”

Hmmmm, it could be, Sharren, it could be!!!



Next in the inbox is Rose Anne who has also sent in her day 5 and she says

“I'm using, Lizbeth size 20 colour 167 Jungle Greens, so subtle a colour change. 
Well I doubt it's a butterfly or moth now! Looks like we finished off one side of a bike's handlebars, but I doubt it!
Rose Anne ”

To me that sounds like as good a guess as any, Rose Anne!!



Coretta is back now with her day 5 which you can see below. She says

“I chose Catherine wheel joins. My imagination has failed me again today. But I have completed day 5, and enjoyed the process.”



You’re going to LOVE Bev’s guess for her day 5. She says

“Hi Jane

Yesterday after I sent in my photo, I thought it looked a little bit like an ostrich, well, an ostrich leg. So today it looks like an ostrich doing a cancan!!!
Bev”

Well I didn’t know ostrich’s could do the cancan, Bev, but I’ll take your word for it!!




Wilma is the last in my inbox at the moment so I’ll upload hers before I go and clear up the mess in the kitchen. She says

“Il mio 5 giorno
My 5 day”



Monica is next to arrive and her message is

“Cara Jane ecco il mio giorno 5…non sono riuscita a fare il CWj ,ho fatto il Lj,ma ci lavorerò xchè mi ha molto incuriosito e mi piace imparare cose nuove!!un abbraccio Monica
Dear Jane here is my day 5…I couldn't do the CWj, I did the Lj, but I'll work on it because it intrigued me a lot and I like learning new things!! a hug Monica“

I don’t think many people do like it, Monica, but it does give a smoother finish.  I don’t use it very often!!!!



Antonia has just arrived and this is her comment - I agree about the Catherine Wheel Joins!!! 

“Hi Jane
Happy Chinese New Year. It is year of the rabbit.
Here is my day 5 submission. CWJ is a type of join which I cannot naturally do it. Every time, I need to look up instructions to work it out. I have to do this join 4 times, lots of practise. Now I can master it. I am sure when I need to do this join again, I will forget and look up instructions again.
After day 5, there is some sort of a tail or limp emerged. This creature is taking shape.
After all the CWJs, time to retire. Good night everyone.
Cheers
Antonia”



Jackie’s husband is now involved in the TIAS and his comments (along with hers) are below

“Hello Jane
Here's my day 5. My husband thinks it's a donkey's back leg and tail. Could be? You mentioned adding more thread, l think. So maybe an eye could be introduced then?
It's a mystery!
Jackie”

Ah, that’s a good guess for an eye, Jackie. Tell your husband to be careful as donkey’s can kick!!!!


Stephanie is back with another day 5 but this time in another thread. I’ll let her tell you about it

“After tatting this one, it looks like my Whatsis is taking a bow, although I don’t have a clue what he’s done that demands he take a bow….
or it’s the start of a windmill,l or at least some sort of pinwheel. 
StephanieW”

Lynn is next to arrive and she has this to say

“I still do not have a clue. 
I am enjoying this again this year. Last year was my first year for TIAS. Thank you for doing the work that allows me to have this fun.

You’re very welcome, Lynn.  It does keep me out of mischief for quite a few hours!!!




The next in the inbox is Jolimama who says 

“Kedves Jane, elkészültem az 5 nappal. Csúnya esős idő van itt, de örömet ad nekem, hogy sikerült :-) 🥰Jolimama 

Dear Jane, I finished the 5 days. It's a nasty rainy weather here, but it makes me happy that it worked out :-) 🥰Jolimama“

We don’t have rain but it’s very, very cold here, Jolimama. I’m glad your hand is behaving itself.”



Well I think Maria’s got the answer to the question you’re all asking - is it this?

“Hello Jane, Here is the Thing… it seems it’s turning into a super hero of sorts 🤣
Waiting to tat it’s cape…
Love 
Maria ”

I think you could be right, Maria.  It MUST be a ‘Thing’!!!!!!




Hanneke is next to arrive and she’s decided she knows what it is. She says

“Hi Jane,
I turned it around and around. Looking at it from a different ankle. And now I see what we will be making: Nessie (monster of Loch Ness)”

Hmmmm, I wonder, Hanneke.


Now I have Julie’s day 5 with her comment. 

“Well, now it kind of looks like we have a leg, half a body, and an arm.”

Well I guess it does, Julie!!




Next is the only dog taking part this year. Aonghas and his ‘servant’ Kay Lynn. This is what they have to say

“Dear Jane,
We are still stumped, even after turning this TIAS this way and that. Mom wasn't sure she got that Catherine Wheel Join done correctly as it was new to her, but it looks like a happy tail to me. So I thought and thought about what kind of critter could have a happy tail. I got out my Alaskan (Northern species) animals, and the only one that might have a happy tail at times is the Caribou (or Reindeer)....but the rest of this TIAS doesn't quite seem to fit. We're thinking and thinking though....and you're VERY tricky this year. We loved that happy camel sketch with the Valentine heart-shaped hooves. I'd like a toy like that! 
Love,
Aonghas and his "servant", Kay Lynn”



A new destination for Pamela as you’ll see from her comment! She says.

“Hi Jane here is my Day 5 tatted at sea off the coast of Peru! That’s dedication! I thought it might be a tractor! But maybe not. Jackie won’t be tatting for a few days after taking a tumble. Ouch! But she will catch up.”

Poor Jackie - I hope she recovers soon.



Tomorrow will be day 6

No comments: