Tuesday 17 January 2023

The next batch of TIAS

Good morning, world!!!

The first in this morning is from Margaret who is telling herself she’s been silly!!! She says

“Silly me! Wrong way up yesterday! It's obviously (??????) going to become an elephant,Margaret”


Melanie is next in the inbox with her days 2 and 3 and this is her comment

“ Good afternoon-
Well, I'm finally caught up with work, now to tat the new parts and send to you. No guess today.
Melanie”



Pam sent in her day 3 yesterday but she wasn’t happy with it so started again. She’s a very new tatter and I’m very, very impressed with her progress and for tackling the TIAS anyway. Here’s her amended days 1 - 3 with her comment

“Started again. It’s right side up now. Yay!!!!”



Wilma is next and arrived during the night too. She says

“ Il mio giorno 3. Potrebbe essere un Dinosauro? 
My day 3. Could it be a Dinosaur?“

I’m not sure, Wilma!!  Well, I am but I’m just not telling anybody - yet!!!
Non ne sono sicuro, Wilma!! Beh, lo sono, ma non lo dico a nessuno - ancora!!!



Mary Jane has now arrived with her days 2 and 3. She says

“Day 2and 3
Good day for tatting rainy just yucky. No guesses later. Have great day 
Mary Jane. Jasper in. USA”


Next to arrive is Carol who has a really clever guess - or is it?!?!?

“Dear Jane:
Day 3 pattern is attached. New guess: A tatted fish.
I am using Lizbeth, Size 20, Color 651. 
I'm enjoying the game. Awesome to see the guesses and fiber choices : )
Looking forward to Day Four : )
Always, Carol in NW Indiana, USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II



I was wondering where Maureen was yesterday as she’s always ready for the next part of the TIAS. She’s arrived this morning with this comment

“Not quite on time, because I was out last night when Part 3 arrived, but here is a carrot coloured back leg........ definitely a leg. But whose???”



Another ‘leggy’ person is Irene who says this

“Good morning Jane....
Got the tatting done same day you posted....Go Me!
I think this is a leg of an ostrich or emu!
Great fun!
Irene
West coast of Canada”

YAY, Irene, go you!!!!!


Judith’s emu has now reached the day 3 stage and she says

“Well, Jane.
My emu looks as if she is wearing pantaloons, buts she is still showing a bit of leg.
Or could it be a lamb cutlet? Barbecue, anyone?
Judith.”

I BEG you not to eat the TIAS, Judith - you could get the threads stuck in your throat!!!



Bev is next with her day 3 and the following comment

“ Ooo Jane! It’s looking froggy again. A nice elegant frog’s leg I can see. 
Bev”


Rose Anne is now next in my inbox and her suggestion is - well, she’s not guessing yet!!!

“So here's the next step of the TIAS mystery. I still have no idea what it'll grow up to be! All I can say, as long as things go good, I enjoy these TIASs!
Rose Anne Burdeny 
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada”




Monica has just popped into my inbox and this is her comment

“ CiaoJane,come stai ?Ho partecipato al TIAS dell’anno scorso,mi sono divertita tanto e ho imparato a fare delle cose che non conoscevo🥰grazie x questo!Ancora non riesco a capire cosa possa essere…all’inizio pensavo ad un bruco ora più a una libellula…🤷‍♀️🤗un abbraccio Monica dall’Italia

Hi Jane, how are you ? I attended TIAS last year, I had so much fun and I learned to do some things I didn't know 🥰 thanks for this! I still can't figure out what it could be… at first I was thinking of a caterpillar now more than a dragonfly…🤷‍♀️🤗a hug Monica from Italy“

Welcome back, Monica and I’m fine thanks.  Bit busy with the TIAS at the moment but I’m enjoying it too!!!


Finally the inbox is almost empty. It’s taken an hour and a half this morning to catch up on the overnight submissions - BUT it means I haven’t had time to think about housework. NOTE - I said ‘think’ and not ‘do’!!!!

This is from Basia who says

“ Dzień dobry Jane! 
Dziś prezentuję mój dzień 2 i 3. 
Pierwsze skojarzenie z tegoroczną pracą TIAS mam wierszyk - 
"Ślimak, ślimak pokaż rogi, dam ci sera na pierogi"
Rogi są dwa, ślimak idzie, ewidentnie po ser! 🤩
Pozdrawiam ❤️➰💚 Basia 

Good morning Jane! Today I present my day 2 and 3. The first association with this year's TIAS work is a rhyme - "Snail, snail, show your horns, I'll give you cheese for dumplings" There are two horns, the snail is coming, obviously for the cheese! 🤩 Greetings ❤️➰💚 Basia“

LOVE your snail rhyme, Basia. Thank you for giving us all a smile. I didn’t know that snails liked cheese!!!



Antonia has just sent in her day 3 with the following comment

“Hi Jane 
Here is my day 3 submission
I still stick to my original guess that it is a lion. Not the lion cub in this picture but a full grown lion. Then again, it may be a griffon.



Now I can’t remember who this is but I LOVE her email address as it’s madwomanlace!!! Wish I’d thought of that email address!!! She has sent in day 2 and says

“Hi Jane, still no guesses as I have been busy, but I’m thinking that day 3 will give vital clues!”

I’ve found out who owns the amazing email address - it’s Andrea.  I’m so jealous of the name madwomanlace!!!!



Katie V’s back with her five little TIAS’s. Whoops, I NEARLY said what it was going to be!!! She says

“Hi, Jane and fellow tatters,
Here are my five super scoopers today. Threads used: the purple is Lizbeth 20; blue, red and yellow are Häkelgarn 20; and the green is Omega 30.
Happy tatting, everyone!
KatieV in NC”


Now I have Jolimama back in the inbox and she says 

“ Kedves Jane! A 3. napi képet is küldöm :-) Igyekszek haladni, öröm minden csomó elkészítése. 🤗
Dear Jane! I'll also send you the picture of the 3rd day :-) I'm trying to make progress, it's a pleasure to make every knot.🤗“

I am so pleased that your hand is managing to survive your careful return to tatting, Jolimama. Take it slowly and carefully, please.
Nagyon örülök, hogy a kezed túléli a gondos visszatérésedet, Jolimama. Lassan és óvatosan, kérem.


Now for the return of my favourite dog - Aonghas (along with Kay Lyn, his very obedient servant). He allowed her to type this message for him!

“ Dear Jane, 
Well....it's happened! You've driven me to "drink"! (Of course, Mom won't let me have any real alcohol, but these bottles squeak and that is like drinking for me.) This TIAS is getting more challenging.....and for the life of me, it looks like a leg in a boot with a fancy leg warmer up top. You're being very tricky (as usual), which is one of the reasons we LOVE TIAS. 
Love,
Aonghas and his "servant", Kay Lynn”



Maria is next to arrive with her day 3 and she says

“ Hello Jane,
here the Thing turning into a leg… or it’s an elephant trunk???
Ah the mystery of TIAS
Love 
Maria ”

I don’t know the answer to that question, Maria.  Well, I do really but I’m not telling!!


The next person into my inbox is Anne Marie who says

“Hello Jane,Here together are days 2 and 3...I forgot to send day 2 Pasteur week- end....BC3 work...
I see to day in this TIAS 2023 perhaps a giraffe s' leg...At the end, Mrs Giraffe will be very tall !
Regards Jane.”


Wendy is next into the inbox and she has this to say

“Hello Jane,
Here is Day Three. Still too little to go on, can’t think what it is! My ring 10 is smaller than the drawing. I did count carefully.
Wendy”

Looks fine to me, Wendy.  I think my drawing is a bit ‘ambitious’!



Keeping me busy next is Janet who says

“ Hi Jane, “thing” on the Left from R 9 worked while I was waiting for Harry in the Dentist, he has had to have a tooth out. 
Take care 
Janet”

Poor Harry. Hope he feels better tomorrow.



Arlene has now dropped in with her day 3 and she says

“Hmmm. Maybe not a scorpion. Poodle, then.
Arlene M
NC”


Jacee is next to arrive with her day 3 and the following comment

“Dear Jane,
Here's my Day 3. Looks like a lower limb of a four-legged creature.
Jacee”


Sharon has just popped in to the inbox with her guess. I wonder ……

“ Here is my day 3. I think it is some sort of an animal, with a long tail and we just made its hip. 

Good guess, Sharon but I’m not saying a word!!!



Kaylyn has just sent her day 2 in and it’s looking good. She says

“ Hello!
Here is my day 2 progress! Decided to use some leftovers to see!
I think it's a leg of a person! Or a horse!

Legs seem to be favourite at the moment!!!



























No comments: