Monday 30 January 2023

Another Monday

Well my inbox is full to the brim this morning so between my shower and breakfast I'm going to start work on it. May take some time!!

First in this morning is Teresa and she says

"Jane,
Greetings from sunny but COLD SW Montana. It's nearly 3:00 PM MST and while its very SUNNY, the temperature is a whooping -3F (our high for today, about -20C) however the windchill is showing us about -19F. Here are my renditions for Day 8 of the 2023 TIAS.
I was gnashing my teeth on the white one. I had nearly completed the first chain when I lost my thread chicken battle. I knew that the wrapping thread (which I was short) would handle the core portion so I retro-tatted the chain, did a shoelace tie, tatted the first chain, added a new thread (hiding both ends in the ring), another shoelace tie, and back down the chain to ring 12.
What I see reminds me of the fidget spinners that were popular several years ago but the "arms" are not the same as there is a leg in split rings and the arms with their CWJs. It's looking more and more humanoid but it could still be ANYTHING."

Now you mention it it does look like those fidget spinners.  Why did people want those when they could've learnt to make tatted lace?




Nona is next but she seems puzzled still

"Here’s mine for Day 8. No clue as to what it will be!
Nona"


Cheryl is next with what I think is a pretty good guess. I'm not saying if it's right or not!!!
"Here are today's efforts. It looks like a little man running. This is great fun.





Jacee is next and she's come up with a pretty good guess too. She says

"Hi Jane,
My Day 8 submission is attached. I see tail feathers of a bird now... An ostrich perhaps?
Jacee"



Carol has sent in her day 6 with this picture. When she sent in her last picture I questioned whether it was her dog that the tatting was sitting on and she explained that it was a portion of Georges Seurat, Bathers in Asnieres Performance De Medici. How interesting and clever of Carol. Anyway, she says

"Day 6 pattern is attached. My guess is a tatted dog. In the photo, you will see a portion of Georges Seurat's "Bathers in Asnieres Performance Di Medici.
I am using Lizbeth, Size 20, Color 651.
I'm enjoying the tatting and learning new tatting techniques. The drop picot new-to-me. Awesome to see the guesses and fiber choices of the participants : ) Isn't it interesting viewing a global event!!!!
Looking forward to catching up with the other participants : )
Always, Carol in NW Indiana, USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life IIhttps://lelia-stitchesoflife.blogspot.com/-




Breakfast eaten and back to the TIAS!!!  This time it’s Bev who’s popped in and she says

“Hi Jane
Ol茅! Whatever it is, he is dancing a fandango!
Bev ”

Well it certainly looks that way, Bev!!!




Susan has some good ideas although I’m not telling if any are right!!! She says

“Well, my treefrogs now are starting to look like a sloth, or perhaps a hydra. Hopefully all will be clearer when we get to day 9!”




Maren is next into my inbox and she says

“Good morning Jane!
Forgot to send you an update yesterday; Sunday, otherwise known as my catch-up day 馃槄
Here is my day 8. I no longer feel confident in my cat suggestion. Rather, l am now thinking that l just finished the back leg of some sort of primate 馃 Waiting for that tail!
Have a great day!
Best,
Maren”



Heidi is giving this a lot of thought but she maybe close to guessing it - or is she?!?

“Hi Jane,
I still love the idea of an ostrich running, but those two picots between the legs confuse me, unless they're for the head of someone flailing their arms, or maybe it's a swimmer? Thanks for the fun.
Heidi”



Pam is the last in this batch - well until I go back to my inbox again!!! She says

“Here’s day 8. I did it on both. Wish I could iron them before the pic, but the idea of setting up the iron is too much with my sprained ankle. 
With different mistakes on each, I’m anxious to see what we’re making! Which mistakes will be blatant and which can be hidden? 馃ぃ”

I’m sure they’ll both be fine, Pam.  




No, Pam isn’t quite the last - Marie is!!! She has just caught me before I wander off to do some washing up! She says

“Dear Jane,
Here is my Day 8. What kind of weird alien are you cooking up for us this year ??!! I still can't find any idea to guess or draw something...
Maybe with Day 9...
Marie”

You won’t find out for a little while, Marie!!!




Back home after a busy afternoon and the first person in the inbox is Antonia who says

Hello Jane
Here is Day 8 submission. 
Hurray, I did all CWJs naturally without looking up instructions.  I did so much last time and practice makes perfect.
I can see it is no longer a lion or griffon. I think it is a lyrebird.
Cheers
Antonia

That’s interesting, Antonia - a lyrebird.  You’ll have to wait and see!!!




Mary Jane is back now with her next stage of the TIAS and she has this to say

“Good morning Jane Oh dear my horse has a pigtail maybe I better think again. 
Really hard to guess this time. Good job Jane
Mary Jane. Southern Indiana usa”

Well I’m delighted you’re still puzzled Mary Jane!!!!  I know, I’m mean!!!




Now I’ve got Alicja’s day 8 and she says

“Hi Jane, it’s a very enjoyable and educational activity 馃ぉ I did Lj here, but … I’ve just learnt how to do CWj 馃ぉ馃ぉ馃ぉ Hurray 馃挭馃挭馃挭 Greetings from Alicja (Italy)”

I’m glad you’ve learnt the CWJ, Alicja - perhaps you can arrange for it to stay in my brain so that the next time I meet it I’ll remember!!!!



Monica is next and she has this to say

“Ciao cara Jane eccomi con il giorno 8,grazie ad un video che mi ha suggerito Alicja sono riuscita a fare il CWj 馃帀馃帀馃帀ma ora ho un dilemma…che faccio lascio un “braccio” con i merletti e uno no?馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃馃
un abbraccio Monica
Hello dear Jane here I am with day 8, thanks to a video that Alicja suggested I managed to do the CWj 馃帀馃帀馃帀 but now I have a dilemma ... what do I do, do I leave an "arm" with lace and one not?馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ 馃馃 a hug Monica

Ah, ah, ah - dovrai aspettare e vedere, cara Monica. Questo 猫 tutto quello che puoi fare!!!!
Ha, ha, ha - you will have to wait and see, dear Monica. That's all you can do!!!!



Next to arrive is Kaylyn who says 

“Hello!!
Ok, looks like a waving person! If it was holding its head in one hand, would make a good Halloween decoration, lol!
Thanks,
Kaylyn”

That’s a good idea, Kaylyn!!! I wonder if you’re right?!?!?




Jackie is next with her day 8 and she says

“Hello Jane
Here is my day 8. 
He was a naughty little monkey? to tat because after l had done it, l realised that l had made an error on ring 12. It was a devil? to undo all the cwjs, but it's done right now, hopefully. That will teach me to concentrate and not get distracted. It really made my progress slow(th)?
Maybe he will behave better when he's got a head on his shoulders? Or maybe not.
Jackie (from Plymouth)”

Oh dear, Jackie, that’s a shame.  I know the feeling about undoing the CWJ’s - they’re no fun to do or undo!!!!




Jolimama is next to arrive and she has this to say

“Kedves Jane! K眉ld枚m a 8. napi munk谩t.
脷gy gondolom, hogy ak谩r egy t谩ncol贸 boh贸c is lehet :-)
Szeretettel: Jolimama

Dear Jane! I am sending the 8th day's work. I think it might even be a dancing clown :-) With love: Jolimama“

H谩t igen, l谩tom, hogy lehet egy t谩ncol贸 boh贸c, Jolimama. HA ez egy t谩ncol贸 boh贸c akkor lehet egy k贸cos Jane Eborall!!!!!

Well yes, I can see that it could be a dancing clown, Jolimama. IF it's a dancing clown then it could be a tatted Jane Eborall!!!!!





Now I have Aonghas and his faithful servant, Kay Lynn who says

“Dear Jane,
Well, one thing that Day #8 revealed is that our former guesses about tails are NOT correct..... It appears that whatever this critter or person is - it's flexible and happy (like me!). My mom said that Catherine Wheel Joins are NOT her friends. She plans to practice them though until she at least is competent with them......She does like learning new techniques in tatting. 
Thanks for taking us on a fun journey with other tatters all over the globe! We love seeing the postings.
Love, 
Happy Aonghas and his "servant", Kay Lynn”

Aonghas looks very happy in this picture, Kay Lynn.




Wendy has just popped in with her day 8 and even her husband has been asked what he thinks it is. She says

“Hello Jane,
Here’s Day eight. I’ve gone off the idea of a peacock. Now I think it is an octopus. Dave thinks it’s a star fish.
At least it’s getting lighter in the mornings and not so cold.
Wendy.”

Signs of Spring, I hope Wendy.




Arlene has arrived now and she says

“Hi Jane, 
I don't think we're tatting an acrobat or yoga instructor, although I toyed briefly with trapeze artist. Today my guess is ostrich (or emu, cassowary seems unlikely). 
Arlene M
Durham NC”

Hmmmm interesting guesses, Arlene.  A lot of people are thinking ostrich or emu.  I wonder!!!!  


Julie is next to arrive and she says 

I still say it looks like a person.”

Hmmmmmmm



Janet has arrived with her day 8 too and she says

“Hi Jane, here is my Day 8 Thingy! Not quite sure what to make of tias. 
Happy Tatting and keep us guessing. ”

I’m trying to keep you guessing as long as I can, Janet!!!!




Marla has finally worked something out - that I’ve lost my mind and am bonkers!!! You get the top prize, Marla!!!!!

“Jane Jane Jane…. 
You were right… it’s not a lion’s ass & tail…. 
In fact, I’m beginning to think you’ve lost your mind and completely gone bonkers! 馃槼
For now I’m going back to my ameba theory… 
Or unknown life form…. 馃う馃徏‍♀️
Marla”

I hope you don’t catch it off me, Marla!!!!




Andrea has just arrived with the following comment

“Hi Jane,
Sorry that I've been quite, but had a very busy week! I have been trying to send this email from my Ipad for the last few days, but hadn't realised there was a problem with my gmail settings! Anyway, here is my day 7 guess ... I turned the lace upside down, but maybe you are trying to fool us!
Love Andrea”

Maybe I am, Andrea - but maybe I’m not trying to fool everybody!!!  Just LOVE your drawing, Andrea. Shame about your busy week. Let’s hope this week isn’t the same!



Wilma is the last person to arrive today as I’m now off to bed!!! She says

“Il mio giorno 8 in ritardo..... Ho pensato al personaggio maschera di Arlecchino. Ciaooo
My day 8 late..... I thought of the Harlequin mask character. Hellooo“

Grazie Vilma. Dovrai aspettare ancora un po' per scoprirlo, per貌!
Thank you, Wilma.  You will have to wait a bit longer to find out, though!  


I’m heading for bed.  Day 9 will be on Wednesday.

No comments: