Friday 13 January 2023

Friday and more TIAS

I had a quick count before I went to bed and there are already 42 participants which is an excellent start. I was going to put day 2 out today but I’ll be ‘out and about’ all day so decided that I couldn’t keep up if I did. However, tomorrow will be day 2 so be ready and for those who have already mislaid day 1 - you’ve got time for another search!!


First in today is Carol who says

"Hello Jane:
The fun has begun ... early guess
Caterpillar (to butterfly).
Always, Carol
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II
https://lelia-stitchesoflife.blogspot.com/"

Love the shuttle.



Bev was close behind Carol with her day one and she's already got a great guess. She's right - it does look like a frog's toes but is the guess right?

"Hi Jane
There hasn’t been a frog in the TIAS so far, so that’s what I hope it will be. I can see two froggy toes at the moment.
Bev"




Mary is next to arrive in my inbox and she has this to say

"Jane,
Here my Day 1 for the 2023 TIAS - a bit early to make a guess as to the final outcome.
Mary"


Carolyn simply says

"Here it is."

Thanks, Carolyn. Just about to harvest your picture and add it to the blog too.



Rita is next to arrive and she says

"I'll guess worm...
Rita, Whidbey Island "



Paula has just popped into my inbox and she says

“Hi Jane,This will be my first attempt at the TIAS. I picked up a shuttle that already had white thread on it and it looked about the right size. The two picots look like bunny ears to me, but since we are just beginning I don't have a guess. I have enjoyed the other participant's comments and guesses!
Looking forward to the next steps.”

Welcome to the ‘fun zone’, Paula.  Hope you enjoy the experience.



Marie is pleased that I didn’t put day 2 out today as she’s only just started. Never a problem as anybody can start anytime they like!!! Here’s what she says

“ Hello Jane,
What a good idea you had to postpone Day 2 to tomorrow, I was late to start the TIAS !! 
So here is my Day 1. The beginning of a centipede maybe...? There are still 996 legs left, it may be long, ha ha...
Marie (from France)”

I LOVE his little legs, Marie!!!



Marco has also sent in her day 1 with the following comment and picture.

Hello Jane,
Here is my first day 
Maybe something for Easter .
Greetings Marco”


Mary Jane has just sent her day 1 in and she says

“ Day 1 finished. So happy for the TiAS. Nasty weather something special to do.”



Teresa is the next to arrive in my overworked inbox and she says

“Jane,
As usual, I'm a bit slow out of the gate but I did decide to try three different colored TIAS for 2023. There is a white, one that will probably wind up with my Christmas tree decorations. The brown one is just a trial to see if I like how it comes out. I decided to do a colorway this year although pink is NOT my color ... it was an "open" ball of thread in my large tatting bag.
I was really trying to wait out to do two days at one sitting but I wasn't able to procrastinate that long. Hope all is well with you!“

Everything’s great here, Teresa - except the darn weather, of course!!!




No comments: