Wednesday 11 January 2023

It’s ARRIVED

 Day 1 of the Tat It And See 2023.

I will also put a link on the left side of this page too.  

Please send in completed days to the email address in my profile (also on the introduction) as you do them - with guesses too.  By all means post your TIAS to social media but please make sure I get a copy as I don’t pick up from places like Facebook.  

Well here it is - the first one in on day 1 of the 2023 TIAS!!!  It’s from Jenni who says

 Here we go!!
Yeay!!!
It's a whatsit!!
Hugs,
Jenni”

That’s SUCH a pretty shuttle, Jenni.



Next to arrive is from Jane who says

 Hi Jane, 
I've found my silver shuttle, still with thread from last year's TIAS, and tatted day 1. Nearly had a bad start when a knot formed in the thread of the first ring, but I managed to undo it using a pin, without breaking the thread. Phew. I had visions of having to hide threads in a small ring instead of starting CTM.”

Welcome back, Jane.  I’m so glad that you managed to solve the thread problem.  Something I don’t like is a bad start to a day!



Next to arrive is another TIAS stalwart - Maureen.  For those who are new to this game Maureen insisted for years and years that each TIAS was going to be a rabbit!!!  The year that I did do a rabbit was the time when she didn’t guess it was until almost the end!!

 Here is my carrot. I read what you had written on your blog, that colour would give it away- so I am using orange and have decided that it’s going to be a carrot this year.
Cats don’t eat carrots, so they aren’t in the photo. Only my patient little rabbit shuttle.”

Patricia is like Maureen but she’s fixated on turtles!!!  Here’s her wonderful idea!!  LOVE this idea, Patricia.  Thanks for sending in your picture.  Lovely shuttles too.



Hallie is the next person to drop into my inbox and she says

“ Good morning, Jane!
Thank you for sharing another TIAS with us!! My guess today: a miniature centipede with four legs. Oh, wait, that's what it is NOW. No idea what it will become!
Best wishes,
Hallie in Wisconsin”

Ha, ha, Hallie, you sound confused!!!!



Kathryn is the next arrival in my inbox and she says

“ Jane
Here is my first day I am doing it in ecru no more yellow mermaids.
Kathryn”


The next person dropping in is Arlene who says

 Obviously an anatomically correct heart”

Hmmmmmm!!!


Barbara is back again this year with her day 1. She says

“ Witaj Jane! |Uwielbiam Twoją zabawę i w tym roku nie może mnie zabraknąć. 
Oto mój Dzień 1 i już czekam na kolejne dni!
Pozdrawiam z Polski.
Barbara

Hello Jane! |
I love your fun and I can't miss it this year.
This is my Day 1 and I'm already looking forward to the next days!
Greetings from Poland.
Barbara“

Anne Marie is the next person in my inbox and I send her a warm welcome back. She says

“ Hello Jane,After a difficult past year,I'm here happy to- day!
First day,here is picture
I wish you very happy new year.
Read you soon.”

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a difficult year so I hope this year will be MUCH better for you. 


Now I have Wilma’s day 1 and this is what she has to say
“ Ciao, Volevo chiederti se ho sbagliato perché seguendo i passaggi mi risulta un pippiolino in più che non vedo sulla foto. Grazie, è divertente questo tuo progetto. Ciao
Hello, I wanted to ask you if I made a mistake because following the steps I get an extra little pip that I don't see on the photo. Thank you, this project of yours is fun. Hello“

Is this the one on the first ring that you’re asking about, Wilma? I think it’s a little tiny mistake but it won’t be a problem. You won’t notice it when you’ve finished.
Now I have an updated picture of Wilma’s day 1.  She started again and the new picture is below this one.



Now this is a good guess from Richard but I’m not sure he’s right!!! This is what he says and it comes with a great drawing too. 

“ Greetings!
Here is my tatting for day One of the 2023 TIAS. Since the colour would give away what we are making I think it is a Crown in honor of his majesty's upcoming coronation! I wound my shuttles with elderberry jam but may have to redo this one in silver or gold metallic!
Richard ”


Martha has now arrived with her Day 1 and she says

“ Here's my Day 1. My first guess is it's a Purple People Eater. Why? Because it's purple, of course!”

Thanks, Martha. I know you’re a busy lady and appreciate you giving some of your precious time to join in.



Debra has just dropped into my inbox and she has this to say

“ Good morning Jane!
I decided to use Lizbeth thread # 184 as it seems like a cheerful variegated color for an rainy Oregon coastal winter.
My guess, hmm. The picot on ring 1 make me think of a duck's bill, so on this rainy day, I will guess a duck! Lol
Thank you for this fun TIAS!
Happy Tatting, 
Deb”

Quack, quack, Deb!!!!



Julie has now arrived and she simply says

“ Maybe a butterfly. ”

Hmmm, I wonder, Julie!



Next to arrive is Katie who always does several of the TIAS’s at a time!!! Here’s today’s offering along with a rhyme.  Oh, I see I’ve sort of rhymed too!!!

“ Hello, Jane and fellow tatters:

Time again now, let’s Tat It And See.
A great start to the year -- we agree!
Many tatters load shuttles,
And have often thought bubbles.
It’s a bunny… no, no, a chickadee!

Happy TIAS, everyone!!
Katie Verna in NC USA”


Now I have ‘three in one’ to show you. The message with these was 

“ Betty in pink, Maryann in brown and Susan in chartreuse. Tatting group in Yuma, Arizona.”

Thanks Betty, Maryann and Susan.  Happy tatting in Yuma.  



Another longtime regular in the TIAS is Coretta who has returned again this year. Here’s her day 1

“ Hello Jane! So happy to be joining this new TIAS!
I’m a mismatched hodgepodge starting this but I’m happy to see where it goes. As much as I like to see my bookmarks match my novel, I don’t seem to care what color my shuttles are compared to my thread. Here’s to a happy adventure!
~Coretta
Sent from my thumbs

I never worry about shuttles either, Coretta!!



Karen has now arrived and this is her comment along with her picture too.

“ Dear Jane,
So glad the TIAS has returned for another year! I agonized over my color choices this year, eventually choosing gem stone hues. To use solids or variegateds, that was the question. 
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
~ William Shakespeare ~
Not knowing what the “whatsit” was, I couldn’t decide. My first choice follows the Pantone Color of the Year: Viva Magenta! Second is a dark Sky Blue. So Whatsit #1 will be a camel named Magenta.😊 And Whatsit #2 will be a (you guessed it) camel named Skylar.
Tatting happily along,
Is’Dihara/Karen from Virginia, USA”



Now Maria has the answer already - or so she thinks!!!! Here’s what she says

“ Hello Jane,
Thank you for doing this again!!
I can see a little bunny so far …well after all it’s the rabbit 🐇 year…
At least the color goes well with this guess 😃
Love
Maria”


Wanda has just arrived with her day 1 and says she nearly - well, I’ll let her tell you!

“Hello, Jane! I almost forgot about the start of the TIAS today, but I'm in it to see what it becomes. Here's day 1 without any guesses. Wanda”



Next to arrive is another friend and regular - Pamela.  She says

 Tias day 1
From Pamela”

Heading for bed right now but I’ll be back sometime tomorrow morning.

No comments: