Monday 14 February 2022

Today and tomorrow

Tomorrow will be the final part of this year's TIAS. If you remember it would be great to hear which country you are from and what threads you've used. If you forget - don't worry. The blog will be open for 'finishers' for the next year so please feel free to send in your work at any point. I will number each day 15 as it comes in so that we can see how many people have taken part.

Now on to today's entries which have come in overnight!

First in today is Mary Ann with her very cheerful day 14. She says

"Hi Jane. Finished today’s tatting before the Super Bowl starts. I’m getting pretty good with the LC and am starting to enjoy it as much as split rings! Mary Ann "

That's good news about the lock chains, Mary Ann.




A lovely Valentine's wish now from Aonghas and Kay Lynn. They say

"Dear Jane,
Aonghas here! We sure were glad to see some extra wings for our dragons today. We only included one of them in our photo today even though we completed both. Today (since we're getting this done a bit later and you're probably sleeping blissfully) we're going to wish a Happy Valentine's Day to you and the global tatters that have made this TIAS so much fun.
Because my mom was having so much fun with this TIAS, she went back and made a Norman (the chicken) from 2010 - the first TIAS that she missed, Scissors (from 2015), and some foxy bookmarks (from last year as she didn't like her original color for the fox). So we've included some photos of those along with our regular photo for Day 14.
Happy Valentine's Day Jane, and thanks for all the TIAS fun!
Love,
Aonghas and his momma, Kay Lynn"





Melanie is next in my inbox and this is what she has to say

"Hello Jane!
Thank you for this game. It's fun!!!
Well, I think we're tatting a mythical creature. Seahorse do have fins like we just finished, but no feet. So, imaginary it is.
Or is it???
Something carrying something else????
We're close to the cadence, perhaps my harpsichord has a hint for me?
Melanie "

All will be revealed tomorrow, Melanie!!!




Next we have Pamela and her Irish buddies and this is what she says

"Here are the Irish contingent. Libby has caught up with her blue one, Jackie’s pink/purple one and my blue one and variegated oneThese immediately shout at me Dimetrodon and Edaphosaurus which were mammal like reptiles before the dinosaurs. They feature a piece of ultra modern technology…. A solar sail of skin over elongated vertebrae which they would have turned towards the sun to soak up the heat and warm them up. Here is a gorgeous Polish stamp featuring one of them. But with that superb club shaped tail and pointed snout I think that they must be ‘Dimetrojane’ or ‘Eborallosaurus’!
But Day 15 might yet change everything!"

That will surprise the Polish tatters seeing one of their stamps on the TIAS blog!!







Julie is next and this is what she says about lock chains!

"Finally got the wings completed. I made a mistake in the join on day13 and opted to pick it all back out and redo day 13 and 14 because of course I had done most of day 14 before I saw the mistake. I was not happy with the first chain of the wings any way. So now it's fixed and I am ready for the next mysterious part. Julie"

Sorry to hear you had to unpick, Julie, but those lock chains now look totally perfect to me.  



Wanda is next in my inbox and this is what she has to say

"Good morning, Jane. Sunday morning was too busy to work on the TIAS but I finally had time in the evening, I got both of my "dragonflies" done through day 14. Looking forward to finishing them in the next few days. This has been fun! Happy tatting, Wanda"




Following Wanda comes Carol who says

"Good Morning Jane:
This is my Day 13 -- TIAS (This is a Surprise!!) Tat It And See.
Looking forward to Day 14 : ) Such a fun project for all of us.
Always, Carol in NW Indiana USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II

Tomorrow, Carol.  Tomorrow!!!




Coretta is next with days 13 and 14 and I totally sympathise with her over keeping count on lock chains! I wear that t-shirt too!!!

"Sendings days 13 and 14 as one picture.
I find Lock-chains take a lot of concentration for me. I had to undo most of them at least once to figure out where I was after being interrupted in my counts. But I do really like the look of them.
And looking forward to the final day.
Thanks for leading us along in the game again this year. Always such a fun way to work through The beginning of the year. "



Finally for now is Paola who has just dropped into my inbox. She says

"Giorno 14
Oggi S. Valentino. Auguri a tutti gli innamorati.
Sempre un draghetto.
Ciao Jane

Day 14
Today S. Valentino. Greetings to all lovers.
Always a little dragon.
Hi Jane"




I said 'finally' but then Bev popped in as I was going to get dressed and have breakfast!!! So here's what she says.

"Hi Jane
I can’t wait to find out what it is, but I’ll be sad when it’s finished. At the moment it looks like an alligator with a dinosaur tail and dragonfly wings. A fantastical creature! But what is going to happen with those last two joining picots??
Bev"

You'll find out tomorrow, Bev!!!




Patricia has sent in Mary Anna’s day 14 and she says

“ I don’t know what we are making. It is something and it’s cute.”




Next to arrive is Valerie who says 

Dear Jane,
Day 14 is done, well, if I can overlook the mistake! I joint the previous lockchain to the wrong picot. [Sob]
Seems like a mythical creature I-do-not-know-its-name. LOL Waiting to see the final bits.
Love,
Valerie



Love Stephanie’s picture today. What a lovely thought. Here’s what she says

These little guys wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day today. 
Stephanie”
































































































No comments: