Thursday 10 February 2022

Thursday 10th February

Tomorrow will be day 13. I was going to release it today but some people are still catching up with day 12.

Here's Denyse who has rectified her day 12 and replaced the chain with a lock chain. I must say it does look splendid now, Denyse. She says

"So I undid it and have fixed it "




Next to arrive is Stephanie who has this to say

"Hi Jane!
These two are strutting proudly today. Decided to pick out back to the first ring of Day 11 and re-do both of them. They are much happier now, as you can see.
I’ve been looking at pictures of animals I’ve never even HEARD of before, but so far nothing matches. I’ll probably feel very silly on the last day when our critter is complete and wonder why I didn’t realize what it was long before now!
Hope you have a terrific week!
Big hug!
Stephanie"



Coretta has arrived with her day 12 and this is what she has to say.

"Ankylosaurus or hammer tail dragon? We took my youngest to a concert for his favorite band, and then made him run with me the next morning. :) it was cold but not unbearable, sunny and no rain."

Well it's grey again today, Coretta.  Enjoy your sun - and son!!!!




Mary is next and this is what she has to say

"Jane,
We’ll clearly I need practice with lock chains! Thus us the first time I’ve ever done them! I still think it’s a dinosaur of some sort.
Mary"

Well the lock chains look pretty darn good for what maybe your first attempt.  In fact I'd say they were perfect.




Richard has just arrived too with his day 12. This is what he says

"I have completed day 12 and must concede that the whatsit is not a celestial Dragon although it may yet become a western dragon! I cannot wait to see what we will do with that chain 15!
Happy Tatting
Richard"



Carol is next with day 12 too and she says

"Hi Jane:
A flying dino or dragon : )
Always, Carol in NW Indiana USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II




Next in is Elżbieta who has this to say

"Witam Jane,
W ten pochmurny poranek jest jeszcze smutniej bo nasza przygoda z Twoją pomysłowością zbliża się do końca. Tak u mnie wyglada po 12 częściach:
Z życzeniami miłego dnia
Elżbieta

Hello Jane,
This cloudy morning is even sadder because our adventure with your creativity is coming to an end. This is what it looks like after 12 parts:
Wish you a nice day
Elżbieta"



Final one for now is from Susan who has paid a lovely compliemtn to her friend. She says

"By Susan Hageman from Yuma Arizona. I couldn’t have gotten this far without the patient help of my good friend Maryann. "



Madhur came in much earlier today but I had a dreadful time trying to get the picture off messenger. That’s another reason why I don’t like Facebook. She says

“My dear Jane
I'm here once again today for second time with day 12. The picture is in messenger. You know what? I feel it is something upside down. What if we have started the top part first which is to be kept on top...and what we think of as legs or claws aren't legs and claws after all. Is my imagination running wild? 
Haaaa haaaa
Love
Madhur”



Wilma has now arrived and this is what she says

“ Sono felicissima di riuscire a seguirti ciao. 

I am delighted to be able to follow you bye.”

Good to meet you on the TIAS, Wilma.




Anna is next in with her little pony!!! Lovely picture. She says

“Hi Jane 
My completed work up to day 12 made it with 2 Mistakes.I will again make this pattern without mistakes after completing it.was busy somewhere that's why couldn't post regularly. Thanks for sharing.”




Barbara is next to arrive and she says

Jane
thank you for drawing attention.

Wyniki tłumaczeniJane, thank you fodrawing attention.

  I corrected day 12 and 11 because I made a mistake there too🙈.
I have to remember not only to look at the description, but also to read it carefully and understand it. 😉
Here is my corrected job.
Thank you. Barbara

Jane, dziękuję za zwrócenie uwagi. Poprawiłam dzień 12 oraz 11, ponieważ tam też zrobiłam błąd🙈. Muszę pamiętać, żeby nie tylko spojrzeć na opis, ale dokładnie go przeczytać ze zrozumieniem. 😉
Oto moja poprawiona praca. 
Dziękuję. Barbara”

We all have to remember to read instructions more carefully.  I made a mistake on a pattern I was testing for somebody yesterday!!!!!




Marina has just dropped into my inbox with her day 12 and says 

Good morning!
So I know what you told me about just taking out the last 15 stitches, which is what I did, but I thought I would be a go-getter and take them all out. I failed miserably! Apparently, I make a very solid lock join!
Realizing it would take longer to undo stitches, I just made another one! I can't make it perfect though, somehow I twisted ring 13 (probably when I was trying to join the bead/picot ?), but I can live with it. 
Have a great day Jane!
Marina“

I would’ve done the same thing, Marina.  I would’ve started again but I must admit I’m pretty good at taking tatting apart!!!




Andrea is next to drop into my inbox and she says this

“ Hi Jane, 
No further guesses today, but I have ideas .. maybe tomorrow. I completely missed the link chain! Anyhow, I followed your suggestion to just undo the last 15, so am back on track
Andrea xx ”

Welcome back to the track, Andrea!



Paolo has just arrived with her day 12 and this is what she says

“ 12 giorno
L'alligatore è quasi pronto...ciao

12 day
The alligator is almost ready ... hello”


Kathryn has arrived now with Dusty and her day 12. She says

“ Dusty cat helped me with day 12 I am visiting Malta 
Kathryn”

I LOVE Malta and am jealous.



Alicja has just popped back into my inbox and she says

“Hello Jane, in Italy we say “sbagliando si impara” it means that making mistakes we learn . But we always say “chi sbaglia paga” it means that who makes mistakes has to pay … so I “payed”
I hope now it is ok … I feel guilty because my girls made the same mistake Thank you Jane
Love from Alicja”

You ‘payed’ well, Alicja.  Looks perfect now.  So many people got caught out on the lock chains which I didn’t expect or plan for!















No comments: