Saturday 12 February 2022

Day 13 continued

The first person in this morning is Janet with the help of Maxie. We seem to have a few cat helpers (and Aonghas) this year!!! Janet says


"Hi Jane, my TIAS todate. It’s fun, My husband said it could be Dragonfly. I’m still enjoying the task but not guessing . I’m running out of thread on one shuttle so waiting to see what Day 14 will bring. I was trying to place my ‘thingymebobs’ neatly to photo when Maxie our bossy cat, came to inspect.
Good wishes,
Janet"

Maxie seems to be puzzled as to why the camera isn't focussed entirely on him!!!




Next in is Hallie who says

"I'll put this in a positive spin: my lock-chains are getting better. 'Cuz they started out pretty wonky!
As these latest bits took shape, I thought it looked a lot like dragonfly wings. Or maybe a flying dragon. Or a dinosaur. HELP! I'm clueless! On to Day 14!!!
Best wishes,
Hallie in Wisconsin, where it's snowing this afternoon"

The lock chains certainly are, Hallie.  You can keep your snow over your side of the pond, thanks!!!




Pamela has now arrived in the inbox and her comment is as follows

"My two little dragons checking in. I’m beginning to feel that they will take off vertically like little helicopters, wings spinning. I wonder if we are going to join back to that first picot on the wing. This gets curiouser and curiouser."





Well Dani's been working really hard on her TIAS. I have three pictures from her. The 'before' when the lock chain was an ordinary chain and then after when poor Dani had undone it and re-tatted the lock chain. What a commitment. Here's her comment

"hi Jane!
i figured, after day 12, this looked more like a platypus... then i realized i had only half read the instructions. that was supposed to be a lock chain.
sigh.
now redone, and with day 13 added, it looks like a fairy dragon?
dani the geek"

It looks great, Dani.





Next to arrive is Jacee who says this

"Good morning Jane,
Here's my Day 13. As his wing begins to take shape, it is undoubtedly a FLYING DRAGON!!
Jacee"

Hmmmm, you sound pretty sure, Jacee but beware - things could change!!





Irene is next in the inbox and this is what she has to say

"Hi Jane,
Thanks for pointing out the shorter lockchain. I had miscounted!!
Here we are ready for Day 14! It's still pink, but I no longer think it's a daschund or crocodile!
Irene
West coast of Canada"





Last in the overnight inbox is Bev who says this

"Hi Jane
We never know what to expect in your TIAS, but I certainly didn’t expect this turn of events. Alligator/dragon/dinosaur????? Still waiting to find out, and it’s Day 13!
Bev"

I'm pleased to hear that you're still puzzled, Bev!!!




Well Jane has decided she knows what it's not!!! She says

"Not a leguaan!"




Valerie has just arrived with her day 13 and the following comment and picture

"Dear Jane,
Good day!
Thanks for highlighting the lock chain, and so it's now rectified. Here's day 13! The critter looks like a flying dragon, and almost complete.
Brain cell #3 must be proud of all of guesses!
Enjoy your weekend.
Love, Valerie"



Next to arrive is Marina and she says this

Good morning Jane!
I believe I am back on track (lock-chaining where I should be lock-chaining!).
For a short time I thought it was one of those wacky lizards that run on water, but it looks like we have a flyer!
Have a great day.
Marina”

You’re very much back on track, Marina.  Thank you.  





Wilma has just arrived and this is what she has to say.

“ Ho rifatto solo i primi 15 nodi.... Comunque grazie ho imparato una cosa nuova. Ciao
I only redid the first 15 knots .... Anyway, thanks, I learned a new thing. Hello.

That’s exactly what I would have done too, Wilma!!
È esattamente quello che avrei fatto anche io, Wilma!! 




Just arrived is Paola’s day 13 and she says

Ciao Jane, giorno 13
Ecco il mio draghetto di Mago Merlino.
Buona domenica

Hi Jane, day 13
Here is my Merlin wizard dragon.
Happy Sunday“

So that’s what it is, Paola!!! I was beginning to wonder!!!




Next in is Katie V with her wee tribe of wannabe something or others. She says

Hi, Jane, here come my little critters, all properly lock chained and proud of it! I de-tatted and re-tatted one critter, and the rest demanded their turn. Imagine that, the little buggers. Now they look forward to the finishing bits when they'll be free of the shuttles tying them down and free to fly off into the wild blue yonder! I asked them, "But what if those are not wings on your backs?" They grunted unpleasantly and turned away! Hehe, thought I.
Thanks for all the fun and thanks to fellow tatters and their contributions--always fun to read and see!
Katie V in NC USA”

They turned their backs on you?  DISGRACEFUL behaviour.  




Maria’s little TIAS got lost last time she sent it over to me so if anyone spots it out there in cyberspace please tell it to behave!!! Here’s Maria’s replacement with her comment!

Hello Jane,
Here is the little one 
Hope this time gets to you…
It has to travel a long way from the tip of west Texas to you with its little wings
With love Maria”

Arrived safely this time, Maria!!!




Lynn is next and her red eye is really stunning on this photo. She says

“ I had to untat day 12 because I didn’t tat lock chains. Definitely not a crocodile.”

That’s a shame but you’ve done a great job now, Lynn.




Next to arrive is Richard who has a lot to say!!! Here’s his comment!!!

“Greetings
Yes, there are many, many problems here with the minty whatsit! I thought about going back to the beginning of Day 12...hiding and then snipping tales, which would now be too short to manipulate. Ultimately I decided against it because I had already cut off ring 29 and retatted before I submitted Day 11! It was a very busy lunchtime for me. I have backed out the ch15 and replaced it with LCh15 and continued on with Day 13. I would never swear at you. Especially when the issues were my own misreading of your instructions. At the time I had wondered why the lines were dotted but did not check myself!
Happy Tatting
Richard”

Dear Richard - you weren’t alone and I know myself so well that I’m sure I’d have made exactly the same mistake too.





Sue has put her own ‘take’ on the TIAS by using twisted picots. I LOVE them, Sue. Here’s her comment

“Here it is up to day 11. Definitely a dragon...
Do you like his twisted toe nails???”

Love them, Sue.



Next in the inbox is from Marco who says this

“ Hello, here is day 13,
IT is not a crocodile .
But no ideas come to me
Greetings Marco ”

I don’t think I know what it’s going to be either, Marco!!!!




Mary has just arrived too and she says 

“Jane, 
I asked someone else what they thought this was and they said ‘butterfly’! I said “What!” I think it’s a dragonfly now.
Mary”

A dragonfly?  Yes it could be, Mary.


No comments: