Tuesday 8 February 2022

DAY 12

 Here is the link to DAY 12


First in this morning is Stephanie who says

"My little guys are kicking up their heels today. The shuttle threads from all 4 shuttles were (accidentally) very long when my whatsits ran in here to pose for their picture. Now the threads are thoroughly tangled together. Good thing these two little critters like hanging around together.
I’m sort of gravitating to the crocodile/alligator/dragon camp. Crocodile because I’ve been looking at pictures of alligators and crocodiles and they just seem to be closer to crocodiles than they do alligators. Dragon because of those 4 little picots on the back and at the back of the head, although that could be for attaching some sort of ….scales (?) ….on the crocodile/alligator.
Still have plenty of thread left, so I’m really curious to see what sort of twists and turns you have up your sleeve for next time….and the time after that….
Have a terrific week!
Big hug!
Stephanie"



Next in is Martha who says

"Here is my latest update. It occurs to me if I continue leaving many days between checking for updates, it will be done in no time, and I can save so much time guessing what it will be. Always looking for time-saving tricks. It's developing quite a perky personality anyway."

Sorry to tell you, Martha but today part 12 is available!!!!




Well she's done it AGAIN!!! Jenni's in first with her day 12 and this is what she says.

"Hi Jane.
Thinking perhaps Bertie might be a frilled neck lizard. Would explain the little joining picots high up on his back/neck.
Would be cool to add another iconic Aussie critter to the collection!
Hugs"


Jackie arrived in my inbox while I was out. This is what she says

Good Morning Jane
My little dragon is so happy to have a tail! He's just waiting for his wings now and maybe a little green companion to play with in the jungle.
Thank you
Jackie (Plymouth)

Well I hope he does turn into a dragon, Jackie!!!



Next to arrive is Barbara who says

Hello Jane!
Today I have a lot of work to do, but during the break I did the twelfth day task.
Greetings to everyone from Poland.
Barbara”



The next person to arrive is Dorota who says
“Witaj Jane a więc krokodyl to czy smok otóż jest pytanie uśmiecham się za każdym etapem pracy i życzę pięknego dnia dla ciebie :))

it's me Hello Jane 😘a so a crocodile is a dragon 🐲 well there is a question I smile at each stage of the work and wish you a nice day :))”




Sue is next and she says

Well, I told him he isn't a scorpion!! Now he thinks he's a Dino of some description!!!”



Mary Jane is the next TIAS to arrive in the inbox and she says

My lizard shaping up !!!!!
Still ice out. Maybe today some more will melt. 
Mary Jane. Indiana USA”

Hope it will all melt soon for you.




Jane has sent in her day 12 now and this is her comment and picture

Hmm, I suspect he's a creature whose name I don't know!

Maybe, Jane, maybe!!!



Next to arrive is Maria and she says

Dear Jane,
Here is day11 picture. 
That last ring for sure is puzzling, it’s still a lizard? For sure it’s yellow .
Thank you for the fun 
Maria ”

Do you really want an answer to your question, Maria?!?!?!?




Kathryn is next to arrive and she says

Day 12 from sunny Malta with Dusty the cat. Best wishes.



Another day 12 has arrived from Wanda who says

“Hello, Jane. This TIAS continues to be a challenge for me beyond the usual. First I broke the thread, then I made a mistake too far back to fix easily and started over, then my thread split! The thread problem could be that it is several years old. It's the same ball of thread I made your 2014 TIAS with. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! This year's TIAS is either a flying dragon - or maybe a dragon fly(ing)? - or maybe a crested lizard. It's cute, whatever it is! Happy tatting, Wanda”

Sorry to hear about your problems with the thread.  I wonder if it’s just a rogue ‘bad ball’?  Anyway, it’s good of you to persist and carry on.





Lynn is next with her day 12 and the following comment and picture. She says

It still looks like a crocodile/alligator, but with chain of 15 I might have to move to the dragon camp. I guess I’ll have to wait and see. Not just a tatting project but also a patience teaching project.”

That’s true about the patience too!!!!



Katie and her crew are next into my inbox and she has this to say

Gosh, Jane, those tails are so, so cute! So if the critters are dragons, they'll be the sweetest, most benevolent ones ever seen!
Here are the critters thoughts as they anticipate the possibilities.

Day 12
The critters now show off their tails
And muse what the next tat entails.
Each one laughs and sings
And thinks, maybe wings?
Then they’ll sprint and fly off with skysails!

Wishing happy tatting times to all!
Katie V in NC USA”



The next arrival in the happily overworked inbox is Anita who says

…and now the tail of the dragon is in place and next time we start to tat the wings :-)
A very clever way of moving the thread and shuttle from the tail towards the middle of the dragon. A trick to remember...”

I get my tricks from up my sleeves, Anita!!!!  Get the joke?!?!?




Valerie is next with her day 12 and the following comment with picture. She says

Dear Jane, here's day 12. I'm not making a new guess today, but am eagerly waiting to see more development. Till the next segment, I'm going to bed for now.
Thanks for the fun TIAS.
Love,
Valerie”


Just arrived next is Hallie who says this

“ Well, it sort of looks like a pompon, which I said might make it a poodle, but instead I think I have to join Team Dragon now! Awaiting Day 13!
Thank you, Jane!
Best wishes,
Hallie in Wisconsin, USA”

Hmmmm, a pompoms?  It could be a poodle with a pompom tail!!!



Bernice has decided that she doesn’t like one technique in tatting. Here’s what she says

“I have come to the conclusion that I don’t like Lock Chains, all that flip, unflip, one, flip, unflip, two ……
I still have a few picots that need attending to!
Cheers,
Bernice tatting in Calgary Alberta Canada”



Next to arrive is Jacee who has this to say

“ Hello Jane,
Day 12 and that long lock chain could be wing of a flying DRAGON????
Jacee”

Well it could be or it could be something else, Jacee!!!




Melanie is next and she’s taking it slow and steady. She says

“ Hi Jane-
I'm getting a slow start to my day. Not an excuse, just needed a morning to be lazy. 
After adding day 12, I think we're tatting a dinosaur. 
Thanks for the fun,
Melanie”

Slow and steady wins the race, so ‘they’ say, Melanie!




Margaret is now sending in her day 12 and she has this to say

“ Hi Jane, 
I was out today and, on my return, could not find Doris ANYWHERE. I eventually discovered her talking to Mr. Owl. Apparently, she had asked him what kind of creature he thought she was and he had been rather non-committal about it. In saying that, he had obviously explained both the story of the ‘Ugly Duckling/Swan’ and the Caterpillar to Butterfly transformation, so I am glad to say that although she would still really like to know if she is Doris the Daschund, Dragon Lizard ………, she is currently excitedly waiting to see exactly what she is really growing up to become.”

Oh, poor Doris.  Like her I thought owls were wise birds but obviously this one is a cagey wise bird!!!!


Next to arrive is Denyse who says this

“Day 12



Now with her days 11 and 12 is Julie who says

“Such a tiny ring to start the day. Then to end with a ring unstable and confusing me which way is up at the moment.I am sure you will turn it around and make it clear in the coming days. I don't know what a dragon looks like so I am guessing a lizard today. Julie“




I was just heading for bed when Pamela’s two day 12’s popped in. She says

Day 12. Just my two so far. Love the ‘dragon tails’. The lock chain is more effective in the variegated thread. Is there a wing developing at the end of that chain? Will just have to try to wait! Hubby thinks the legs look like paddles! Aquatic dragons?

Yes you will have to wait, I’m afraid!!!










1 comment:

linda said...

Thank you for the fun tat. I have enjoyed them over the many years. I am not finished yet, but will continue to work. on
lrt40 linda