Friday 4 February 2022

Friday 4th February

Good morning world. Today I could use the same Irish saying - 'the top of the morning' to you as the Irish tatters are in first. I could say it but I won't!!! Why? Because I've already said it (above)!!!!

Here's what Pamela (who gathers them and sends them in) says

"We seem to have three little Irish Sausage dogs strutting their stuff. But in TIAS land things are not always what they seem. It’s not over until the fat lady sings and I’m not giving up on my Aardvark just yet. Still got lots of thread left, anything could happen."



Maria is hot on Pamela's tail (if it is a tail, that is) with her day 10 and she says

"Hello Jane,
Here is the yellow lizard 🦎 trotting to day 11, the fun continues
Love
Maria"


Irene has been busy and is now up to day 7. She says

"Hi Jane,
I am playing catch up .....day 7 now complete!
My guess is a dashound!!!
Irene
West coast of Canada"



Kay Lynn and Aonghas are next in the inbox and they say

"Dear Jane,
Well, I'm sticking with my crocodile guess today. I'm imagining them romping across a tropical beach (which sounds rather nice), but when I noticed the other alligators and crocodiles in that area, I decided to hide in the corner by the palm trees. They look friendly, but I think my mom said they're not so friendly to doggies.
We'll be interested to see what happens to our "crocodiles" with the next TIAS installation.
Aonghas and his momma, Kay Lynn"


I think you're very sensible, Aonghas.  Let mom sort out the crocs!!!


Jacee is back with her day 10 and she has this to say

"Hello Jane,
Sending in my Day 10. It looks like a crocodile with both feet, but what are those tiny picots up there for?? Beats me🤔
Jacee"

You'll have to wait and see!!!!





Sam is next and she asks a question too. I'm not answering as I MIGHT give the game away!!! Or something!!!!

"Hi Jane.
Are we getting wings soon? I am really wanting some wings to make this lizard a dragon. Lol.
Day 10 on my tiktok. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSepWDyQc/"



Agnes is next and she seems to think it's a dragon too. I hope you're not going to be disappointed if it is.

"The two days in one. I think, it's a small dragon. :) "



Lyn is next to arrive and she says


"Still guessing a crocodile but I’m sure I will be changing my guess as we go along."



Bev is the final email in this morning's inbox and she says

"Hi Jane
Such a cute little guy. I can only think he’ll get some wings when we’re taken back around to the joining picots - a little dragon!
Bev"

I'm not commenting on that, Bev!!!!!




Marco has just arrived with her day 10 and she says

“Hello here is day 10,
No more clues thuis time,
Greetings Marco”



Pam is next in my inbox after a busy afternoon sewing. She says

"Bye bye birdie. It's not a bird. As perky as it is, it may have to be a gecko.
Pam Freck"


Next to arrive is Hallie who has quite a lot to add to the TIAS and who has spotted my goofy url's too!!!! No, they have no bearing on what you're making, Hallie. They're just to amuse myself!!!!

"Good morning, Jane,
Since I have no idea at all now, I'm back to analysis.
1. We have many picots and very small picots that I expect we will use.
2. We have LOTS of thread left on the shuttles.
3. There are cryptic names on the daily .pdf files, like "peel orange" and "walk the plank", that seem to have no bearing whatsoever on what we're making.
Hmmm...still no ideas! Wait, how about a dachshund with a parachute? To account for the toes pointing front and back? He's saying, "Wheeeee!"
Best wishes,
Hallie in Wisconsin, USA"

Ha, ha, ha.  You are quite the detective!!!!




Poor Jane has been out of action for a while and I'll let her explain why

"Hi Jane,
It turns out that an 11 hour power cut was quite reasonable. Something vital was struck by lightning and we've now been out for 2 days. The generator is running for a few hours, so I'm earnestly trying to catch up on things. Including the dancing leguaan!"  

They are really weird looking critters, Jane.  





Madhur has sent in her day 10 and this is what she says

"Good morning Jane
I had caught up in a whirlwind of activity since Sunday and could not steal time to tat part 9 and 10.
Woke up early morning today to clear the back log.
Here are my day 9 and day 10 parts on all sizes.
Realized only while making the variegated part that in that particular piece I had missed one join either on day 7 or day 8. I'm continuing with it with its mistake hoping it will not make much difference in to the final piece.
Hugs from India.
PS .how many more days? Wondering if it will finish in 15 or 16 days or may be even more this time."



Janet is the last person in before I go and get the tea!!! She says

"Hi Jane,
I have been tatting for years, and only just discovered how to ‘SCMR’. No guesses just Tatting on in my bumbling way. Thanks Again for your encouragement . Every good wish, Janet "

That's the thing with the TIAS - it does make you learn new 'tricks'!!!  Well done, Janet.  



Carol is next to arrive and this is what she has to say

“ Good Morning Jane:
Could it be a dragon?
Always, Carol in NW Indiana USA blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II 




IsDihara is next to arrive with her latest guess which I think could be the answer. OR is it? She says

“Moving right along, I am fascinated with this critter's snoot. Is it a snout? Is it a beak? 
For my first official guess, I will suggest a Proboscis Monkey; whose bulbous nose reminds me of Jimmy Durante.  My whatsit is named Durante now. 
P.S. I think Pam Freck and I might have chosen the same thread color. Are we thinking alike?Mine is Lizbeth #716 Maple Syrup.

Well I hope Pam will read this and tell us the answer!!





Carol is back again just a short while later with another day. This time it’s day 9. She says

“Here is my Day 9, too : )”




Richard has now done his day 10 and this is what he says

“ Greetings!
I finally tatted the second leg!
Richard”



Finally today (because it’s my bedtime!) I have Coretta’s day 10 and this is what she says

“Today I did a bunch of baking. It’s a birthday weekend at our house. Carrot cake was the birthday boys’ choice, so at least I could combine the cake. But bananas also needed to be made into a triple batch of muffins. So it was nice to put my feet up for a little time on day 10. The picots on the neck and back make me think we might be missing some wings or something still. ”

Ooooooh, everybody, it’s tea and cake at Coretta’s tomorrow!!!!


No comments: