Sunday 13 February 2022

Day 14



First in this morning is Susan with her gorgeously coloured TIAS. This is what she says

"Interesting little fellow. I love the wild colors.  Susan Hageman
Yuma, Arizona"

Me too, Susan.



Carol is next to arrive and she says

"All caught up. Lock chain fun= sore fingers and spinning threads. I do like them tight..lol Mmm what’s to come, more wings? A stabilising lock chain over the top? We’ll see soon enough.
Carol"

Yes you will, Carol.  Soon enough!!!




Pamela has just sent in Jackie's day 13 and such a neat piece of work too. She (Pamela) says

"Jackie’s cutie has just come in"




Andrea has invented another name for the TIAS so I'll let her tell you all about it. She says

"Hi Jane, you really are keeping us guessing. I decided that TIAS also means: this is a surprise! I'm really enjoyed the variety of techniques in this, but my latest theory needs a rethink . We'll see what day 14 brings. X Andrea x "

I like the alternative name, Andrea.  Day 14 is available right now!!





Well first in today with day 14 is Richard. Great working nights sometimes, eh, Richard?!?! Here's what he has to say

"Greetings!
I have a photo of my Day 14 for you!
Happy Tatting
Richard"

Top of the day to you, Richard.  That's what 'they' say in Ireland I believe!!!





Maria has now arrived in my inbox and she says

"dear Jane, how nice is it to be able to participate, I will miss it.. "

I will miss it too, Maria.


Catwitch is next to arrive and she says


"Hi Jane,
Just finished day 13 and getting very excited. I think I may be getting the dragon I was hoping for.
Catwitch x"

Well you might, Catwitch - you might!!!




Very shortly after her last post Catwitch is back with day 14!

"Whoopee day 14 too."



Carol has also returned this morning but this time with her day 14. This is what she says

"My lock chains have gone wonky. We’ll see how we go. A quick one tonight."

Probably one stitch too many but I wouldn't let that worry me!! Nothing that an iron won't fix with a bit of jiggling too!!!




Dorota is next to pop into my inbox and she says

Dzisiaj Niedziela witaj Jane tak myślę jak nazwać smoczyce 😁 ☕ pije kawę i myślę masz wielkie serduszko i życzę miłego dnia 

Today Sunday hello Jane I think how to name the dragons 😁 ☕ I drink coffee and I think you have a big heart and have a nice day”




Marina is next to arrive with her day 14 and this is what she has to say

“Good morning Jane! 
Now I'm not so sure its a flyer! I'm thinking dinosaur again, along the lines of stegasaurus or dimetrodon. You do keep me guessing!!!
Marina”
Good morning Jane! 
Now I'm not so sure its a flyer! I'm thinking dinosaur again, along the lines of stegasaurus or dimetrodon. You do keep me guessing!!!
Marina



Well Jane hasn’t got a lot to say this time!!!!

Hi Jane, I'm saying nothing!”




Now here’s a new species of animal which Sue has just discovered. This is what it is!!

Well now, I do believe we have a new critter! Phreddeigh has decided he's a duck filled spinosaurus fatty puss!!!
Don't know how you can wind it up tho!!!
Sue

Sue, my friend, has anybody told you you’re bonkers?!?!?!?  




Kathryn has just arrived with her day 14 and she says

“I had to unpick the wings as I hadn't done good lock chains. looks better now. home again tomorrow to finish my dragon. I will call him Olympic as it is on this week.
Kathryn”



Cheryl has arrived next in my inbox and this is what she has to say

Day 14. It's a cute little critter. I've enjoyed working on it and look forward to doing more.
Friday was my last day of radiation. Happy to be home and resting.

Good news on the radiation - only one thing to do now and that’s to move onwards and upwards.  My best wishes for the rest of your recovery, Cheryl.




The next arrival is from Poland and Elżbieta who says

“Dobry wieczór Jane, oto przedostatni dzień aktualnego wydarzenia w moim wykonaniu: Miłego niedzielnego wieczoru
Elżbieta 

Good evening Jane, this is the penultimate day of the current event in my performance: Have a nice Sunday evening Elizabeth

You have done so well, Elżbieta.





Stephanie is next to arrive and she says

“Running later than usual. I get the tatting done right away (sometimes I get it done TOO early in the day), but never seem to remember to get these guys scanned until a day or two later. These two little guys ran into some trouble - again. Tatted almost the whole thing on BOTH of them, then had to pick out everything (what a pain lock chains are to pick out) all the way back to the FIRST join on the first one I tatted. Apparently I shouldn’t be tatting anything that requires thought or the ability to pay attention to what I’m doing before I am totally awake. The tatting sort of slipped when I did the first join….and it ended up being joined in the wrong place. It’s correct now, and these little critters are happy again. SO sad this will end soon. DH thinks it’s something that flies, probably a dragon. I was holding out for frilled lizard, but really the ‘frill’ is not in the right place, so I’m starting to guess dragon, too. Those wings – if they ARE wings – are so graceful. They must be friendly dragons….if they are dragons, that is. This can’t end ….I still have thread on my shuttles! We can’t stop until we’re out of thread, right?
Have a terrific week!
Big hug!
Stephanie”

Well depending on exactly how much thread you’ve got left (bearing in mind I’m always over cautious about thread quantities) I think you’ll have to re-think about stopping before thread runs out!!!!  Well, maybe!!!



Lynn is next and I love her background fabric on her pictures. I digress. This is what Lynn says

“Maybe a dinosaur of some kind? Flying dragon? “




Katie V is next with her little TIAS gang. She has this to say

“Gosh, Jane, the penultimate day of TIAS already?! While the six critters are looking forward to the grand finish and final reveal, I'll be sad that 2022 TIAS--This Is A Surprise, as Andrea called it!--will be over already. It's been a marvelous ride, and the tatters always have fun ideas to add to the experience! Thank you, Jane, and fellow TIAS'ers. 
Tatty hugs all round!
Katie V in NC USA

Sadly it’s almost the end, Katie and I’ll soon be ‘back to boring’ again.  I will do another if I get a hundred or more finished ones.  




Bernice has now sent in her day 14 and she says

Hi Jane,
Could this be a Draco (Flying Dragon) (Flying Lizard).? I can’t wait for the last few bits. 
Bernice tatting in Calgary Alberta Canada”




Jacee is now back with her day 14 and she says

“ Hi Jane,
Here's my submission of the penultimate Day 14. Need I say more? He's certainly a Flying Dragon!! Hehehe..
Jacee”

Hmmmm, I’m still not convinced!!!!




Margaret has just dropped into my inbox and she says

“ Dear Jane, 
Doris is getting harder to keep track of now she has grown her ‘real’ wings and her flying is getting better. I eventually found her……….. well you can see! I think she has decided she is a hummingbird, but I am not so sure - though I don’t really want to give her a complex about her feet by telling her why!
Margaret”

Ha, ha, Margaret.  You made me giggle at your reasoning skills!!!




Mary Jane has just arrived with her day 14 and this comment

“I  think we have a hummingbird today. Thanks for all your work. Mary Jane Indiana USA”

It could be, Mary Jane.  It could be!


No comments: