Tuesday 15 February 2022

Here is the link to DAY 15 of TIAS 2022.

I will be numbering each arrival so we can eventually see how many people have taken part this year.  

Thank you ALL for joining in.  If anybody would like to host a TIAS of their own then I would be happy to sign the blog over to them and offer support.  

Meanwhile I will be returning to my normal blog with more new patterns to come soon.  

First in this  morning is Maria who says

"Hello Jane,
Here is the little yellow fellow with its wings a little messed up…let us say that’s a variant….
I cannot believe we are almost at the end of this TIAS
With love
Maria"



Carol is next in the morning's inbox and she has this to say

"Good Morning Jane:
This is my Day 14 -- TIAS (This is a Surprise!!) Tat It And See. Such a fun project for all of us.
I am tatting with LizBeth Fiber. Size 20. Color 611
Always, Carol in Indiana USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II
https://lelia-stitchesoflife.blogspot.com/"




just LOVE how the lock chains show themselves in all their glory on the next TIAS from Susan. She says

"Susan from Yuma Arizona. What a fun tat this little GAL was. I’m saying she is a gal. Not sure why I think that. Maybe her wings look frilly to me. Thank you Jane for the inspiration. I enjoyed it. I like lock chains!"

I think you'll find you've got the sex right when  you see day 15, Susan!!!




1. I did wonder where Jenni had got to with her day 14 and now I have the answer!!! Here are her days 14 and 15 with her comment. This makes her the first in with the final part!

“ Hi Jane.
Lost the little pocket I had put the TIAS in so I couldn't lose it....DUH.
So I wasn't able to participate in day 14 on time. Caught up this morning.
Looking forward to finishing Edmund but also a little sad that the TIAS is ending.
Thank you for the great fun these provide and the effort you go to in designing them and running it. ⚘. Always look forward to the challenge and the sneakiness of Brain Cell #3.
May the rest of your tatting year be wonderful.
Hugs and love always.”





2. Next to arrive with her dragon is Anita and she says

"Hi Jane,
Doris the Dragon is so cute!
I made an error joining one of the lock chains on the wings, but decided to let it be and just enjoy myself and tat on.
The dragon doesn’t have to be perfect, I love him anyway :-)
Thank you so so much for this fun adventure"

Well your little 'error' may just be a  design improvement and it certainly doesn't make a jot of difference to the result.




3.   Next in is Elizabeth who says

"Hi Jane
Finished my little dragon. It was great fun seeing it evolve and to see everyone else's guesses, comments and progress.
I have enjoyed this TAIS so much and looking forward eagerly to the next one.
Any comments on improvements I could make to my tatting would be very much appreciated. 
Thank you so much 💓
Catwitch "

I seriously can't see a thing I could suggest to improve your work. Honestly.




4. Next in is Carol who has this to say

"Thank you Jane for a wonderful Tias, Doris is looking lovely, love those picots.I will miss being behind a few days. Might just have to make a few of the past ones.
Carol"

Have fun if you do decide to work other TIAS's, Carol.  Glad you like your Doris!




Next in from Patricia is Mary Anna's day 14 and she sent in her picture.




5. Number five is from Paola who says

"Cara Jane, mi ha fatto tanto piacere partecipare a questo TIAS, per me è la prima volta e l'ho trovato molto interessante, per gli stimoli che trasmette.
Sono più di 50 anni che lavoro il chiacchierino, ma mi diverto anche a eseguire questi piccoli lavori, che sembrano miniature.
Spero che tu mi inviti anche per i prossimi eventi.
Allego il giorno 15
Il piccolo drago.
In questi giorni ne farò qualcun'altro con colori diversi e te li mostrerò.
Posso pubblicare su qualche gruppo?
Grazie di tutto, un abbraccio dall'Italia.

Dear Jane, I was so pleased to participate in this TIAS, for me it is the first time and I found it very interesting, for the stimuli it transmits.
I've been working on tatting for more than 50 years, but I also enjoy doing these small jobs, which look like miniatures.
I hope you also invite me to the next events.
I attach on day 15
The little dragon.
These days I'm going to make a few more with different colors and show them to you.
Can I publish on some groups?
Thanks for everything, a hug from Italy."

Sei la benvenuta e anche a me è piaciuto parlare con te, Paola. Per favore condividi quanto vuoi.

You are very welcome and I have enjoyed talking to you too, Paola. Please share as much as you like.



6. Barbara is next with her final day - and days 13 and 14 too. She says

"Hello Jane.
A bit late on 13 and 14, I check in.
Fortunately, I have already made the last day of your wonderful fun.
Thank you so much for my blue dragon Doris. It's wonderful.
I warmly greet all participants of the game.
Barbara from Bielsko-Biała, Poland."

I'm so glad you like your blue Doris, Barbara.







7.    Marina is next to arrive and she has this to say

“ Good morning Jane and hello Doris, you little cutie!
Thanks so much for doing this Jane, I had a lot of fun, and you kept me guessing.
And for the records, I'm from the US and used Lizbeth thread size 20, color 136.
Thanks again!
Marina”

I’m so glad you enjoyed it.  I hope to see you in my inbox any time you like.




8. Elżbieta is next to pop in and she says

“Witaj Jane, bardzo dziękuję za zorganizowanie zabawy z frywolitką. Postanowiłam zrobić dwa „smoki”, żeby miały towarzystwo.
Zrobiłam też zakładkę - liska z ubiegłego roku i króliczka zachęcającego do jedzenia marchewki, wiosna przecież niebawem.
Serdecznie pozdrawiam życząc pięknych pomysłów i ich realizacji.
Elżbieta.

Hello Jane, thank you very much for organizing the fun with the tatting. I decided to make two "dragons" to keep them company.
I also made a bookmark - a fox from last year and a bunny encouraging you to eat carrots, spring is coming soon.
I cordially greet you, wishing you beautiful ideas and their implementation.
Elizabeth.“



9. Lynn is the next person in my inbox and she says this

I’m a little sad that this is the last day. I really enjoyed my first TIAS and will look forward to the next one. Thank you for doing this. I used size 20 Lizbeth thread Coastal Gray (9603).
One of my lock chains is a little wonky so I’ll have to be more careful the next time I make a lock chain. I think my youngest daughter will love this dragon.
I’m from Ohio, USA, but escaping the cold in Florida for the winter.”

Oh, you’re a ‘snowbird’ as the Floridians call people who escape the winters ‘up north’!!!  I don’t blame you either for doing that.  I spent six weeks some years ago in Cincinnati and found that it was very variable and VERY cold!!!  So glad you enjoyed your first TIAS.  




10.    Jane is next to arrive and this is what she has to say.

Ta-da, Doris it is. Thanks very much Jane for an entertaining TIAS. I'm in Zimbabwe. Not sure what the thread is, I had it on the shuttle already. ”

I use ‘that’ colour a lot too, Jane!!!




Now Hallie is the next person in my inbox. She has this to say

A bit late; the guys got rowdy and tangled all the threads! Here they are, though. Thanks again! 
Best wishes,
Hallie in WI, USA




11.    Kerstin is next to arrive in my inbox and she says

Dear Jane,
this is my lovely Doris, a cute little dragon in the colours of sunflowers and honey :o)
She is made with Lizbeth #40, colour 180 Honey Drizzle.
Thanks a lot for this exciting journey and all the time you spent with us. If you start a TIAS again next year I’ll be there.
Have a nice time, a lot of sunny days and take care of yourself.
Best wishes to you and all the other tatters
Kerstin from South Germany”

I’m so pleased you’ve enjoyed the TIAS, Kerstin. Hope to meet you again.




12. Margaret has popped in now with her Doris and she says

“Hi Jane, 
I have to hand it to you - I didn’t think Doris could get any more excited, but when I told her the name of your TAIS she was so chuffed! (Mr. Owl is now enjoying playing the doting father figure and is attempting to teach her how to improve her flying. Mind you, I am relieved to say he has chosen not to tell her she might be able to breathe fire - I think he is as worried as I am what the consequences of a young, excited dragon finding that out might be!!!!) 
Thank you for giving us all so much fun again - who would have thought that we wouldn’t really be sure what we were making till the very last day? 
We are in Falkirk and Doris is made of Coats Mercer Crochet size 20 (interestingly, my Secondary School was across the road from the site of the old Ferguslie Mill). 
Best wishes and thanks again for all the work you put into the TIAS, 
Margaret”

But you have added to the fun too, Margaret.  Little stories like yours make us all smile.  Love the tartan too - so appropriate for where you come from!!!  Thank you for taking part.



13. Jacee is next to pop in with her Doris! She says

Dear Jane,
Here's my Day 15 - Doris the Dragon. Thanks so much for the Great fun again. Anticipating TIAS 2023 now
All the best,
Jacee, Malaysia”

Thank you for taking part, Jacee.  Hope to see you in 2023.




14.    Jackie is next to pop in and she says

“Hello Jane 
Here is my finished Dezra dragon. He asked me to do lock chains up his back to make him feel braver and more fierce, so l obliged!
I think he's a lovely friendly little dragon. The best TIAS you've done!
I have really enjoyed doing this and shall really miss it. Thank you.
Jackie (Plymouth)”

Well if there’s enough interest this year then there’ll certainly be another in 2023. Thanks you for taking part in keeping me out of mischief for a few weeks!!




15.    Wanda’s dragons have arrived and her comment made me smile. Thanks, Wanda.

Hello Jane. Here is Doris and her sister Puff (my husband insists it must be Puff). This has been another fun TIAS and I absolutely love the dragon! I deviated a bit on the picot length on the head, I couldn't resist. I enjoyed making this pattern, even with the issues I've had with thread and my inability to read the pattern correctly. Thank you so much for doing this. The sisters are made in Lizbeth #130 Island Breeze in size 20. Happy tatting from Wanda in Kansas, USA”

I LOVE your deviations on the head.  Perfect.  Both ‘girls’ carry the deviations very well and look very classy.  




16. Maria is next to arrive and she says

Dear Jane,
Here is my yellow dragon with all the love for you and for the participants of this fun.
I used a Lizbeth thread 20, bright yellow # 705.
I live in the El Paso, Texas.
Thank you again for the wonderful time 
With love 
Maria”

I’m so glad you enjoyed it all, Maria.  Yellow is a good colour for Doris!!!




17.    Dorota has now arrived and she says
“Witam cię Jane myślę że pocwicze łańcuchy blokujące zrobiłam ostanie ruchy pracy i mam koniec moja smoczyca to Zuzanna zrobię jej siostrę ponieważ lepiej wyjdzie a i tak się cieszę pracować i wykonać w tej zabawie mojego smoka sciskam mocno i będę czekać na kolejne wydarzenia pozdrawiam

Hello Jane, I think I will try the blocking chains I have made the last moves of the work and I'm done my dragon is Zuzanna I will make her sister because it will come out better and I am happy to work and perform my dragon in this game I hug hard and I will wait for the next events best regards

Well you have shown that ordinary chains have worked very well, Dorota which I didn’t know would happen!!!!  Thank you for doing it that way and teaching me a lesson!!!



18.    Again Patricia has sent in Mary Anna’s dragon.  This is her picture




19. Next is Melanie who says

Jane-
Thank you for designing this cutie! Doris will be added to my bits of tatting to show people. Thank you also for herding us cats and putting up what brain cell #3 creates. You are an inspiration and a true gift to the world!!
Stay healthy and safe!
Melanie Cervi 
tatting away by the Monterey Bay in California with vintage thread marked crochet cotton size 30 using 2 shuttles.

I’m so glad you enjoyed it all, Melanie and that you like Doris.  I’m sure she’ll love living with you for as long as she can and I hope she behaves herself!!!




20.    Katie V’s back with her dragon gang!!! This is what she says

Hi, Jane! Meet the Doris Chorus! 

Day 15
Created by Jane, dance the six
With parts tatted in just the right mix!
Freed from threads and from shuttles,
They prance ‘round without troubles
With a promise of mischievous tricks!

Thank you for the gorgeous, happy (even if mischievous!) dragons! TIAS is always the best fun!
Thanks also to fellow TIAS'ers!
The threads are Manuela, Flora and Lizbeth brands and all are size 20. 
Happy tatting, everyone! May we rejoin again next year!
Katie V in NC USA”

What can I say, Katie?  Thanks for your rhymes and for joining in so wholeheartedly.  Love your little six and I hope they not only behave themselves but are re-homed when they’ve grown up!!!





21.    I think I’ve caught up with my inbox with Mary as the last one at the moment!!! She says

Jane,
Thank you for putting the TIAS together again. It is a joy to watch your imagination unfold! Thank you again and I’m looking forward to next year.
This was finished in Lizbeth 183 and one other color I no longer have in size 20. 
Mary in Tracy, CA, USA”

Let’s hope we can do it again next year, Mary.  It’s been a pleasure to have you ‘on board’ the TIAS.




22.    Maria has just dropped in and she says

“Dear Jane, 
Thank you for the fantastic pattern, I really enjoyed it!”

I’m glad you enjoyed it, Maria.  I did too!!!




23. Mary Ann is the next into the inbox and she has this to say

“Hi Jane. Just finished Doris the Dragon and she is colorful and cute! I used Lizbeth, size 20, #124 Spring Garden. Thanks so much for all the fun! I’ll be watching for a future TIAS! 
I’m Mary Ann from Warren, Michigan, tatting in Yuma, Arizona for the winter. Again, thank you for all your work. I’ve enjoyed chatting with you and reading all the blog comments. Looking forward to another TIAS!?! Mary Ann
Doris was worked in Lizbeth 20, #124 Spring Garden”

I’ll be watching out for you too, Mary Ann!!!!


24.  Julie is the next person to arrive and she says

Thank you hosting this fun game. I am very pleased with the results. Your patterns are always so much fun to tat.  Thank you for posting them. I love to read your blog. Here's my Doris worked in lizbeth #185 arctic waters. Julie Forsyth, Missouri, USA”

Thank you, Julie and I’m glad you enjoy the fruited of my demented brain (aka BC3!).  More to come soon to the pattern pages!!!



25.    Carol is next to arrive with her finished dragon and this is what she says

This is my Day 15 -- TIAS (This is a Surprise!!) Tat It And See. 
I enjoyed tatting 'Doris the Dragon' and it was a lot of fun to see the variety of colorways.
I hope all the tatters who participated include the fibers they used, color they used.
What fun. Thanks for hosting ; )
I used LizBeth Fiber. Size 20. Color 611. 
Always, Carol in Indiana USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II 

Thanks for joining in, Carol.  It’s always good to learn which threads people have used. 

1 comment:

Lelia said...

Doris the Dragon is so charming!!!! I cannot wait to get my project finished. I've enjoyed 2022 TIAS very much. Thank you for hosting this year. A dragon, Y A Y