Friday 11 February 2022

Day 13

 Here is the link for DAY 13


Irene has sent in her corrected day 12 and she says

"Hi Jane,
My pink crocodile (hubby's guess) had a little correction on his tail and is ready for Day 13.
Irene
West coast of Canada"

Well done, Irene.  You're not alone!!!




First in with day 13 is - guess who? Yes, Jenni. I hope I'm not creating an alcohol dependant tatter here!!! JOKE!!! Jenni says

"Hi Jane.
This one drove me to drink..... nah...out with Ben for dinner.
Still think Frilled neck lizard.
Sadly Bertie had to be discarded as the lock chains shredded the thread.
This is his cousin Edmund.....
At least the lock chains got done this time."

Beautifully too, Jenni



Dorota is next with her day 13 and she says this
“Witaj Jane a więc krokodyl to czy smok otóż jest pytanie uśmiecham się za każdym etapem pracy i życzę pięknego dnia dla ciebie :))

Hello Jane 😘a so a crocodile is a dragon 🐲 well there is a question I smile at each stage of the work and wish you a nice day :))“




Jackie is next with day 13 and she says

“ Hello Jane
Here is my day 13. Please say it's ok!
Jackie (Plymouth)”

No, Jackie it’s not OK - it’s PERFECT.




Next to arrive is Anita who says

Hi jane,
I am really fond of this creature! I think he is cute, and I can’t wait to see how he will turn out eventually.
I noticed that the lock chain does call for letting the shuttle hang every now and then, if not the thread is twisted and the chain uneven.
Anita”

That’s what happens to me with lock chains so that’s why I let mine dangle!!!!



Monica is next into the inbox and her comment and picture follow. This is what she says

“ Ciao Jane,ero rimasta indietro al giorno 11 e meno male xchè così ho disfatto solo un pezzetto!!Leggendo sul blog e con l’aiuto di Alicja ora ho fatto giusto mi piace tantissimo questa catena!!Ora direi che assomiglia più ad un drago,chissà,sono curiosissima!!!!

Hi Jane, I was left behind on day 11 and thank goodness so I only unpacked a piece !! Reading on the blog and with Alicja's help now I did it right 😀 I really like this chain !! dragon, who knows, I'm very curious !!!!“

I’m so glad that Alicja helped you. She’s been such an asset to the TIAS this year. 




A very short comment from Denyse today. She says

“It's coming along”

It certainly is, Denyse!




Next to arrive is Elżbieta who says

“ Witaj Jane, wykonałam kolejny dzień, proszę: 
Pozdrawiam i życzę słonecznej pogody na zakończenie tygodnia
Elżbieta

Hello Jane, I made another day please

Beautifully made Elzbieta




Maria from Bruges (a visit there at the age of eleven caused me to learn to tat) has now sent in her day 13 and here’s her picture




Finally in this batch I have Madhur’s and she says

“ Dear Jane,
Now I certainly am guilty for dragging you to fb once again. This year it would be more than your five minutes of your "liking" time on fb.
The " fun" is being diminished for this handicap.
Sincerely apologies once again.
Please take my day 13 picture from messenger.
And I loved doing the lock chains today.
Love from India”



Wanda has just arrived with her day 13 and she says 

“Hi, Jane. Day 13 has arrived. I think I was right - it's a dragonfly! There are two today. The one on the left is the second one, the one flicking its tail. The one on the right is the original., the one with several mistakes. I made a few adjustments and continued on. Not too bad, if I do say so myself, LOL. Happy tatting, Wanda”

Well I can’t see the difference on a quick look!




Next to drop in is Mary Jane who says

“This morning my lizard turnedInto a dragon. How neat. Hate for it too end. Sure been fun. Have a good day 
Mary Jane. 
Indiana USA”



Annu has now arrived with her day 13 and this is what she says

Hi Jane, done with day 13...still curious about the final outcome . Thanks”





Next to I arrive is Alicja who says
“ Hello Jane, now I pay more attention I’ve just translated days 11,12 and 13 for my pupils All of us think that this particular chain is beautiful. Thank you Love from Alicja”

I’m so glad you all like the lock chain as it’s one of my favourite techniques.




Julie is next and she says she’s got a - well, I’ll let her tell you

“My lizard is getting wings. Lovely. Julie”

A flying lizard then, Julie?



Bernice has just arrived in my inbox and she’s wondering what she’s making!! This is her comment 

Afternoon Jane,
What monster have I tatted? Time will tell.
Cheers,
Bernice”

I’m not sure, Bernice!!!!  I lie!!!




Melanie is next to arrive and she says

“Hi Jane-
Here's my version of your critter through day 13. Curiouser and Curiouser I say.
Melanie”



Karen has arrived (she is writing from her sick bed).   She says

“ Jane,
Catch-up mode continues after a few days of downtime dealing with a sick kid at home. Of course my darling child has shared his vomit bug with me.
Queasiness couldn't keep me from tatting Day 10. Durante needs his back leg. Thankfully he is willing to wait for his lock stitch treatments.
As for a guess? Could it be a platypus?
IsDihara in Virginia, USA.”




Aonghas and Kay Lynn are next to arrive and Aonghas seems happier now!!! They say

“ Dear Jane,
Aonghas here. So glad that I don't have to hide any longer behind the trees. These dragons are the friendly sort like Puff. I can just tell that they want to be friends with me. When Mom's dragons appeared in her tatting, I knew that they'd want to be flying above the beach here.
Looking forward to the next segment of this TIAS so we can see if they might get little horns on their heads. Or ????
Love,
Aonghas and his momma, Kay Lynn”




Mary Ann is next to arrive and she says

“ Hi Jane. Just finished today’s tatting and he’s adorable! I think I’ll have to tat him a friend later. Mary Ann”




Finally today I have Margaret and Doris. Margaret says

Jane, you have made Doris EXTREMELY HAPPY!!!!! She is SO excited that she is getting wings now that I have sorted out the lock chain for her. I only hope that poor Mr. Owl (who is both elderly and rather heavy now) is not too jealous that she will be able to fly as he has not been off his shelf for many years! ”

I’m afraid Mr Owl may well be jealous, Margaret.  


No comments: