Thursday 17 February 2022

About halfway

Well that's to my target of around 100 which would make me do another next year!!!!

This morning the sun is shining and so is the first person in my inbox which is Phyllis who says

52. "My what big eye you have. The better to see and play with you. Love my little dragon. She is made of Lizbeth size 20. Will need to make her a playmate. Thanks for the TIAS. It was a great way to start the new year!
Phyllis from Georgia USA"




53. Dani is next to be in my inbox which has been very quiet overnight!!! She says

"hi Jane!
i was a little worried this was a bassinette after the last entry, but i am happy to welcome a delightful dragon to my menagerie!
i was using my DreamLit shuttles wound with Lizbeth 20 #113, Jewels. i never have a bead when i need one, so the eye was a Josephine ring thrown off of R13, which i did as an SCMR.
dani the geek, Finger Lakes, NY, USA"

Well that's a sneaky way of doing an 'eye without a bead', Dani!!!! I love your ingenuity!!!!



54. Agi is next to arrive in my inbox and she says

"Dear Jane
I'm finally ready. :) Thanks for the game, I learned a lot of new things. And the dragon. I used DMC Babilo Nr 20.
Ági"

I love your thread, Agi.  I'm glad you enjoyed learning new things too.




55. Janet is next into the inbox and she says

"Dear Jane, my 3 thingyobobs finally completed. Quite pleased with the eye beads thats a first for me, after tatting for years and years. Must buy some more beads. The first time that I have tatted the lock chain, getting much better with them. I have really enjoyed your TIAS. Looking forward to the next one. Take care, Janet"

The lock chain does take a bit of practice but it's worth the effort.  I think I tend to get mine quite tight by pulling one half (can't remember which) more over to the left of my body.  I'll have to see which it is as it does make it more compact but I love the effect two contrasting colours give you when doing them.  Sometimes the chains look as if they've got tiny beads in them!!!!



56.    Adriana is next to arrive with her Doris. She says

“ Jane Eborall questa è la foto del mio draghetto terminato,Grazie per lo schema,anche oggi a Rovigo Italia abbiamo nebbia! 

Jane Eborall this is the photo of my finished dragon, Thanks for the diagram, even today in Rovigo Italy we have fog!“

Well I’m sorry to tell you but we’ve had a bit of sun here in England this morning!!!  Thank you for taking part in the TIAS, Adriana.  





57.    Next to arrive is Bogusia who says

“ To mój drugi TIAS.Pozdrawiam z Polski. Bogusia.

This is my second TIAS. Best regards from Poland. Bogusia.”

You have a lovely castle there, Bogusia.  It’s very interesting too as
I asked Google about it and this is what I found.  Thank you for joining the TIAS again.


58.    Sue is next to arrive with her Doris and she says

“Doris says Hi from southwest Michigan. 
She has been admiring her variegated sisters and is a little jealous of her fire breathing sister!”

Thanks for taking part, Sue.  Love your Doris.




59.    Andrea has now arrived and she has this to say

Hi Jane, 
I absolutely love these little dragons. They are adorable. Thank you so much for yet another brilliant challenge. It's been fun. Sincerely hope that this won't be the last. 
Andrea xx 
I used Lizbeth 20 thread. ”

Glad you enjoyed it, Andrea and it was good to see you back again in my inbox too.



Just HAD to share this story that Pamela has sent in. She says

“You already have Jackie’s one numbered. She has just made another one in one go now she has sll the info… not on your pattern pages yet! I asked her why she made another and she said her original had mysteriously disappeared and the new one was being sent to sniff her out….. and she did. SuperDoris!!! Little blighter was skulking under some papers at the side of the chair.”

Which just proves one thing - this dragon is magical!!!!  That’s MY story and I’m sticking to it!!!

1 comment:

Lelia said...

59 in two days! How wonderful : )