Thursday 3 February 2022

Day 10

Here is the link for DAY 10.


First in this morning is Maria from the overnight inbox. She says

"Hello Jane,
I still don’t know what it is, but maybe I see a yellow lizard
Maria "

Hmmmm, it could be, Maria!!!!




Jacee is next and she's sent in her picture of her days 8 and 9 with her comment too. Here's what she has to say

"Good morning Jane,
Here's my Day 8 and 9 together in one pic. Now that the critter bears a foot - a crocodile/alligator??
Jacee"



The first in with her day 10 is Jenni!!!! Well done again, Jenni. She says

"Hi Jane
Tatting in the car while taking the guys out for a post-dinner drive.
Bertie....it's a Bertie....
My guess and I am sticking to it!!
Hugs
Jenni"

Thanks for showing off your Bertie, Jenni!!!




Within a minute of the last TIAS arriving (Bertie) Maureen (also in Australia) has arrived. This is what she has to say

"It’s a dog! A sausage dog, although we still have those spare picots on his back?"

I think this is becoming the Australian Olympics!!!!



Kathryn is hot on the heels of Maureen with her day 10 and she says

“ Dear Jane,
It can run or swim now.
Kathryn”

Hmmmm you’re right, Kathryn!!!




Just back from my weekly grocery shopping and I find a few more in my inbox. First is Dorota who has this to say

“ Dzień dobry Janne mam piękny kolorowy krokodyl już kocham go a jeszcze bardziej ciebie tak teraz myślę że muszę sobie zrobić twoja kolekcje innych prac to jest wspaniałe mieć pamiątki od ciebie miłego dnia Janne

Good morning Janne I have a beautiful colorful crocodile I already love him and even more you yes now I think I have to do your collection of other works it's wonderful to have souvenirs from you ️ have a nice day Janne”




Next in is Anita who’s regretting the change of thread she’s using. This is what she says

First I was kind of glad I changed the color of the thread to green, thinking an alligator or a dinosaur.
Now I think I should have chosen brown: A sausage dog! :-)”

Time will tell, Anita!!!


The next person into the inbox is Elżbieta and she thinks we’re getting towards the end of the game.  BUT are we?  I don’t think so!!!!

“Witaj Jane,Coraz wyraźniej widać kształt i coraz bliżej końca naszej zabawy
Pozdrawiam
Elżbieta.

Hello Jane,
You can see the shape more clearly and the end of our game is getting closer
Pozdrawiam
Elżbieta.



Jackie is the last one in my inbox for now and she says this

“ Good Morning Jane
Well, it's a jolly little crested lizard skipping along to meet his hippo friend. Not an olm at all!
Have a nice day
Jackie (from Plymouth)

That’s too funny, Jackie!!!!  I hope they get on together well!!!



Next in is Marie-Claude who has this to say

Dear Jane,

What an adorable little animal in this Day 10! The sore throat is cured and now he is singing!
Marie-Claude”

Oh what a beautiful song!!!




Aleksandra has just arrived with a lot of work that she’s done.  This is what she has to say

“Dear Jane I'm already late with the next days of our fun. My parents caught the COVID-19 virus. Unfortunately my father lost the fight. A sad duty has fallen on me to arrange funeral matters. Later, due to COVID-19, the center attended by my disabled daughter was closed. I now have to take the time that I had at my disposal while she was in class. Today I am sending you a series of photos from the following days. On the 7th day I thought it would be a seahorse. However, on the 8th day the paw appeared (?) So maybe it will be a crocodile or an alligator. The picots on the left do not leave me alone. I think there will be something else ... Maybe wings and it will be a basilisk or a dragon?

Despite the sad time for me, I have a great time with your TIAS. Greetings. Stay healthy. Aleksandra from Poland”

I’m so sorry to hear your sad news, Aleksandra but I’m glad that the TIAS is helping you through your difficult time.












Sue has just arrived with her TIAS and says

“ Well Phreddeigh is now running away with the shuttles!!”




Aleksandra has just popped up in my inbox and she was a bit surprised to see day 10 so soon!!! She says

“Dear Jane I just sent you an e-mail and using the computer on, I check your blog to see the beautiful works. And I see-surprise, it's already day 10 oh I quickly grab the shuttles and here it is ...”




Next arrival is Kerstin who has a few guesses. I wonder if she’s right with any of them?  She says

“So, here is my “Day 10” picture.
Is it something jumping? Or running? A Dog? A crocodile? Or the cute little babydragon I’m waiting for?
I guess, at the end I’ll be very surprised :o)”



Katie’s back with her bunch of TIAS’s and this is what she says - with her husband  in rhyme this time.

The little six are elated--they can run!
Pursuant to the crocogator possibility, hubby wrote this limerick to expand on the topic!

If you saw it just south of th’ Equator,
would you call it, perhaps, crocogator?
And, just west of the Nile,
would you say, allidile?
Jane alone knows, for she’s the creator!

Or maybe it's a sausage dog, as Maureen suggested. Or, who knows? Right, Miss Jane?!
We're loving the fun. The six critters don't care--they can run!
Katie V in NC USA”

What a talented pair you two are.  LOVE the rhyme.  I’m glad the suggestions from your husband are all fictitious creatures, though!!!



IsDihara has now joined us in this year’s TIAS. This is what she says

“Jane, 
Forgive my late start, I had transcription chores to attend to before joining in the FUN. So gleefully pleased to be participating again in this fun game!
No guess as of yet. Thank you for doing this!
IsDihara”

Welcome on board TIAS 2022 - enjoy the ride!!!




Mary Jane has now popped into my inbox with her day 10 and she says

Good morning ,
We are having an ice and snow morning. So far mostly ice. (Bad)
So happy to receive the pattern this morning can’t go outside SO. The lizard ate my woodpecker. Sure enjoy your TIAS
Mary Jane from Indiana USA”

That’s funny - a lizard eating a woodpecker!!!



Wanda is next with her day 10 too. This is what she has to say

“ Hello Jane. Maybe it's a gecko wearing a hat - those joining picots on the back are for something! Or maybe it's a leapin' lizard! Whatever it is, it's looking cute and happy. Happy tatting, Wanda”



Lou Dawn is next with her day 10 and her comment is as follows

“Hi Jane, sticking with my alligator guess with a nod to dinosaur, lizard or gecko. Whatever we are tatting they sure are cute and appear to be running in a herd! Lol Thanks for all the fun! Happy tatting, Lou Dawn Bunker Washington USA”

Glad you’re enjoying it Lou Dawn.  I certainly am at my end of the keyboard!!!  Your TIAS’s look as if they’re being chased by shuttles!!!




Barbara is the next to drop into the inbox and she says this

Hello Jane.
And today we have a dancing blue happy crocodile. I like him!
Barbara”

Are you sure he’s a crocodile, Barbara?  Well I suppose it could be.  Well I’m not telling!!!


Next to arrive is Valerie who has caught up yet again. She says

Dear Jane,
My Day 10 is done! So happy to be caught up with this little chap. Now it's got 2 feet! Yay!
Waiting to see the last bits of the baby alligator!
Love,
Valerie

‘Congratulations on catching up, Valerie.




Mary Ann is next to pop into my inbox and this is what she has to say

“Hi Jane. Such a cute little critter! Can’t wait to see him/her finished. Mary Ann”

Well you’ll have to wait a bit longer, Mary Ann!!!!



Next to arrive is Julie who says

Looks like a lizard today.Julie”

You could be right, Julie, it does look like a lizard now you mention it!!!




Stephanie’s day 10 has just flown, walked or swum in and she says

Honestly I cannot think of anything that looks like this. Any discrepancies between what this IS and what mine looks like are entirely MY fault, though. Jane’s designs are impressively accurate and her patterns are so well-written that I can follow them easily….most of the time.
I am going to have to say this is definitely a ‘whatsis.’ 
Stephanie”


All the way from Canada comes Bernice who says

“I’m really enjoying the TIAS this year. I think this is a dragon.”

Hmmmmm, I suppose it could be but I’m not sure.



Margaret has just arrived and this is her comment

I think today it is beginning to grow up to be a waggy tailed dachshund. This would be particularly appropriate since many years ago your Tat-it and See turned out to be a hippopotamus which I used on a card for a friend who kept six happy dachshunds as well as collecting anything hippo’ related. 
(Mind you those unused picots on the top are concerning me a little since I am certain you wouldn't have put them there just for decoration!)
Margaret ”

But I might have put them on just to mislead you all!!!!




Off to bed - more additions tomorrow, I hope!

No comments: