Friday 17 February 2023

Friday and more aliens!

Another gloomy grey day here in England but first in to cheer me up is Anne-Marie with her alien. She says

50. "Good evening Jane,
The TIAS this year was really funny and remained mysterious for a long time...
I was “dropped” on day 10, because of children and grandchildren at home during school holidays ... But I just did the last steps and I find it very funny this alien ......... And he made us languish.
Thank you again for brightening up our winter!
Kind regards
Anne_Marie (France)
Made of Altin Basak 50 color 315 yarn"

Thanks for taking part, Anne-Marie and I hope you enjoyed the children and grandchildren too. What a lovely time you must have had.





51. Next in is Mary Ann who says this

"Hi Jane. Finished today and love him. I used Lizbeth size 20, #691, mocha brown med.
I live in Warren, Michigan but spend the winters in Yuma, Arizona where I learned to shuttle tat and continue to tat with a small group of women. Catherine wheel joins and twisted picots we’re both new to me and the group. I’m very happy that we made enough CW joins to say that I have learned the technique!
Thanks again Jane for entertaining us with this TIAS. My curiosity has been satisfied by coming to the end of the project, but now I’m missing the anticipation of waiting for the next step! So I’ll have to be content waiting and hoping for the next one. Mary Ann"

I think a lot of people want the TIAS to 'never end', Mary Ann!!!  I miss my full inbox in the mornings and the lovely chats I have with people too.  




52.    Carol is next arrival on this ‘almost’ sunny afternoon. She says

“Dear Jane: I have attached the 2023 Alien!
I used Lizbeth Size 20, Color 651.
Enjoyed the tatting game! Thx for hosting
Always, Carol in NW Indiana, USA
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life II.https://lelia-stitchesoflife.blogspot.com/-”

Thanks, Carol.  I’m glad you enjoyed the journey into space!!!!




53.    Mary Jane follows next with her alien and she says

“Hello Jane
Sad to have our tias over. Thank you so much for all your hard work 
I reworked the head to match the same color of body like it better
I used daffodil color sorry no number Lizbeth thread # 20 from Handy Hands
I am a shuttle tatter started in 2001. 
Hoping for another pattern next January. 
Have a great weekend. 
Mary Jane. Jasper Indiana USA”

Thanks for taking part, Mary Jane.  It keeps me out of mischief during the dull winter months!!!



Now I have something different for you to read. This was sent in by Katie who has already got aliens on the blog (yesterday and number 48). I’ll let her tell you all about it.

“Hi, Jane, 
hubby feels that it is seriously inappropriate to write limericks for you who lives in Stratford upon Avon, Shakespeare's city. So he wrote you a sonnet, inspired by Shakespeare's Sonnet XVIII.
All the tatty best!
Katie Verna

Inspired by Shakespeare’s Sonnet XVIII

Shall I keep tatting through this winter’s day?
Curiosity in me does not abate,
and I am bound, alas, to tat away,
knowing full well that Jane has laid her bait.
TIAS is light; it glows; it shines!
For every shape it gives is neatly trimmed,
but with the current one my poor heart pines.
What is it? Every hope has slowly dimmed.
Hold! Lo! At last, my hope has ceased to fade,
and all my thoughts are rising, that were lowest.
I can now see a Martian’s what I’ve made,
albeit recognition was the slowest.
Right dreadful every tatter’s life would be,
but for TIAS and BC3!
By Carmine Verna”


54. This time it’s Monica who’s arrived in my inbox and she says

“ Ciao Jane,mi è piaciuto tantissimo partecipare al TIAS anche quest’anno,grazie per questi momenti così piacevoli e divertenti!!Anche la mia dolce coppietta di alieni ti saluta!!Ho usato un cotone da uncinetto n.12 e le navette
Un abbraccio Monica. 

Hi Jane, I really enjoyed participating in TIAS again this year, thanks for these pleasant and fun moments!! Even my sweet couple of aliens greets you!! I used a crochet cotton n.12 and the shuttles Hugs Monica”

It was lovey to see you back In the TIAS again, Monica.  Thanks for taking part.  




55.    Next in is Joanne who has sent in her finished alien. She says

“Hi Jane, greetings from Joanne from Santa 🎅 Claus, IN, USA.  I used size 20 Lizbeth thread. No color listed. I have been tatting about 10 years.
My Alien was a few days late because he was feeding Santa's reindeer. 
You kept me guessing most of the time. I thought it might be an underwater sea creature. You are very clever.
Thank you so much for all of your hard work. I enjoyed it so much. I really appreciate all you do for us tatters.
Joanne”

Thanks , Joanne.  I’m glad it kept you guessing.  I must admit I was wondering what it was going to turn into!!!  I’d almost forgotten it was going to be an alien!!!




56.    Now a welcome to Andrea with her little alien chap! She says

“ Hi Jane, another alien visitor has arrived! Thank you so much for this really fun challenge and a couple of new techniques. Always makes me smile to see what everyone else is doing and all the guesswork 😍. It seems to be over far too soon 🥲 Andrea from Lancashire U.K. I used Lizbeth 20 x”

Thank you for taking part, Andrea.  Hopefully another next year.


57. 




2 comments:

tattrldy said...

Love all the aliens. This year, Jane, you can truthfully say you have been invaded! The sonnet is wonderful! Some people have such wonderful imagination, kinda like you!

Jane McLellan said...

Love the sonnet!