Sunday 14 February 2021

Sunday morning

Good morning on this dull, grey and cold winter's day here in England. 


40.    First person in this morning is Mary who says

"Jane,
Here’s the completed fox. It looks great! Thank you so much for all your effort, it is truly appreciated.
The fox was tatted in Lizbeth size 20, colors 711 and 705.
Again, thank you, and please do this again next year.
Mary Clary
California, USA"

I will if I get a good idea, Mary!!!



41.    Clever Brenda has used her fox already to read a foxy story!!!!  She says

"Hi Jane, 
This was my first TIAS and it was lots of fun.  I didn’t send in pictures as I went along, but here is my completed fox.  I had never heard of seta and setb, but they made a great effect for the nose.  I used size 20 Lizbeth thread, Ocean Teal Medium and Ocean Teal Dark.  Looking forward to another TIAS next year.
Brenda 
Tallahassee, FL, USA"

Love your picture, Brenda and you're very welcome to take part any way you like.  Even standing on your head if you want to!!!!





42.    Next in my inbox is Kay Lynn with her gorgeous helper., Aonghas  She says

"Dear Jane,
Aonghas and I want to thank you for all the fun we had with this  TIAS.  We want to make another foxy bookmark with different colors.  (Also Kay Lynn needs to pay closer attention to the directions on the first part - I realized that I had my colors switched around on the body....ha!)  We used Handy Hands Lizbeth Size 20 thread - Dark Lilac was #641 and the lighter variegated Arctic Waters was #185.  We are from a little community in the Eastern Interior of
Alaska, USA (about 90 miles from the Yukon Territory of Canada), and we sure enjoyed reading the posts from around the globe. Fun was had by all.  Aonghas sends Jane a special Valentine, which she may share with others if she wishes.
Love,
Kay Lynn & her buddy, Aonghas (9 month old Golden Retriever)"



43.    Melanie is next in my inbox with her finished fox.  She says

"Hi Jane-
Here's my complete fox bookmark. I love it!!
The book is # 3 in the James Herriot series All Things Wise and Wonderful. I figure this little guy can help me re-read it. 
Thread is Lizbeth Seagreed Dk. $688 and Anchor #4054 (vintage)
Melanie"

Ah, remember that series on the telly - MANY years ago!!!!




44.    From a Jane to a Jane.  This is not me talking to myself, I promise.  Jane says

"Hi Jane
Thanks for a fun foxy bookmark this year.
I used Lizbeth 611 & 644.
Jane from Canada
"


45.    Christine is next in my inbox and she has this to say

"Hello Jane
Thanks so much for hosting another TIAS!  They are always fun and a good learning experience.
One thing I particularly appreciate about the TIAS is that you break up the pattern into small, manageable chunks.  It is easy to keep up that way. :)
About the pattern for Day 16 - I think the second-to-last chain (that starts with 6 + (R2)) should have been in italics and red text.  There was a RW just before it.
I added whiskers to my blue-green fox and shaped his ears so they stand up.  Perhaps he is really a water dragon in disguise! (hehe)
Thread: I used Lizbeth #20-660 (country turquoise lt.) and #20-661 (country turquoise med.)
I kept track of my yardage, in case anyone is interested.  Days 1-9 used 5 yds 1" of the light thread (on Sh1) and 2 yds 31" of the dark thread (Sh2).  Days 10-13 used 1 yd 28" of light thread on Sh1 and 1 yd 21" of the same thread on Sh2.  Days 14-16 used 18" of the dark thread on Sh1 and ball thread (not measured).
Thanks for all of the helpful tips, too.  I like using a loop-tatted chain to help hide one end.
I live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  Today it is quite cold, and we have threats of a winter storm coming on Monday.  I guess I should stay home and tat!
I hope you consider doing the TIAS again next year.  Could you please tell us something about how you design the TIAS's?  Do you start with a photo of something, or an idea, or a sketch?
Happy Tatting,
Christine in Alabama"

First of all thanks for those tips on day 16, Christine - sorted.  How do I design the TIAS?  Much the same as an 'ordinary' pattern.  Those start from many places - usually with animals I use google images and particularly cartoons.  Sometimes I do the design as per usual but then have to start completely again from a different place which throws up many different complications.  Once it's done I chop it up (drawings as well).  This means lots of work checking the chopped up bits especially the drawings.  After that it's a case of uploading and checking again.  I send it then to a test tatter (thank you Ruth) who gives it a go as if it's a TIAS.




46.    Next to arrive is Michelle who says

"Hi Jane
Here’s my photo but don’t look too closely as there are flaws.  I needle tat and rely on diagrams a lot to do these projects.  I always learn new things - how to lock-join this time with needle tatting and I always try to make my projects look better.  I actually did the first section twice for appearance sake.  I used size 30 for the green part and a little heavier thread for the other.  Since it turned out to be a fox, green and orange aren’t the best choices.  I know it’s a puzzle to figure out but maybe some colors could be subtly suggested.  Your finished bookmark is very appropriate.  Thank you for your efforts in making these patterns and I thank my friend, Rose Anne Burdeny, who introduced me to tatting and you.
Stay healthy and I look forward to more. 
Michelle Schurko"

Thank you for taking part, Michelle and for sending in your fox.  I daredn't look closely at my own work as I make mistakes too!!!  Yours looks absolutely fine to me.


47.    Nicola is next and this is what she has to say

"Hi Jane,  Here’s my final day.  Thank you for another great TIAS!  Look forward to the next.

Nicola, PA, USA"


Thanks, Nicola.  Looks GREAT.




48.    Next to arrive is Marie-Claude who says

"Hello Jane, Here is « Mrs Foxy Bookmark », often transformed through many guesses… What a fun and many laugh!!! Thank you very much for your TIAS, I enjoyed it so much and hope you will propose another next year. 
Thank you for the huge work of preparation you did, your fox is lovely!!!
Mrs Foxy quickly escaped from my hands and slipped into the pages of a book. Then choosed a photo of nature and said : “Here is my home”. I hope I can dislodge her from time to time to use her as a bookmark!
I used Lizbeth col 684 (the green one), and DMC Cordonnet Spécial écru (the white one).
Marie-Claude, from Lyon - France"
Mrs Foxy Bookmark looks perfect and very happy to be finished.



49.    Finally in this batch I have Llewelyn who says

"Dear Jane,
Well I thought we were coming up on a badger for sure with bulky body to be added last! 
 What a nice Foxy bookmark! Thanks for the fun. My colors were Lisbeth20 705 Bright Yellow and Lisbeth20 715 Maple Butter. 
I'm Llewelyn from Alabama, USA."

Well I seem to have 'foxed' you right til the end, Llewelyn!!!!




50. Faye is next with her fox and she says

"Hi, Jane. I am Faye from Indianapolis, Indiana in the US. Here is my fox. I really looked forward to the new portion of the project every day or so. I have been tatting since September 2019. I am going to try some of the projects from previous years. I have also enjoyed tatting some of the animals on your website. I am hoping you will continue to do these. Thank you."

If I get a good idea and have the time then I hope to do another, Faye.



51.    Next to arrive is Brenda who has this to say

"Happy❤️Day, Jane,
Thank you for the TIAS. And thanks to all the other tatters whose comments were a delight to read. Such variety! My bookmark was done with Lizbeth col 647 and Twilleys 14 lilac. 
Stay safe and well everyone.
Brenda 
Ontario, Canada"

Thanks, Brenda. Hope you stay safe and well too.



52.    Another great picture and this time it's from Pascale who has this to say

"Bonjour Jane, voici mon petit renard terminé.  Merci pour ce TIAS, cela m'a permis de progresser. Pour ce travail j'ai utilisé du coton perlé ISPE n°8 coloris 435 et 505.
Merci encore pour ces bons moments passés lors de mon confinement.
Pascale. FRANCE
Hello Jane, here is my finished little fox. Thank you for this TIAS, it allowed me to progress. For this work I used ISPE pearl cotton n ° 8 colors 435 and 505. Thank you again for these good times spent during my confinement. Pascale. FRANCE"

Fabulous picture, Pascale.




53.    Next message comes from Poland but I'm not sure of the name of the person.  If I find out I'll add it later.  She says

"Witaj Jane. Podobają mi się twoje TIAS, robiłam je wcześniej, ale po raz pierwszy wysyłam zdjęcie. To jest mój lisek polarny o niebieskich oczach. Zrobiłam go z cieniowanych nici Cable 5 i popielatych Mercerized May. Dziękuję za dobrą zabawę. Pozdrawiam z Polski.
Bogusława.
Hello Jane. I like your TIAS, I've taken it before, but it's the first time I'm sending a photo. This is my blue-eyed arctic fox. I made it out of Cable 5 shaded thread and gray Mercerized May. Thank you for having a good time. Greetings from Poland. Bogusław. 


54.    Berit is the next person to arrive in my inbox and she says

"Dear Jane,
It has been a great pleasure to tat this TIAS! I hope you will be encouraged to give us a new TIAS next year (or earlier 😊)!
The yarn I used is a little bit thicker than no 20. This fox is 19,5 cm long.
Best regards from,
Berit
In Norway"

If I can come up with a good idea, Berit, I may well do another TIAS!!!  



55.    Mary Jane is the next to arrive and she says this.

"Good morning Jane 
My little friend turned blue because of the cold weather 
Big winter storm headed our way tonight 
I used Dmc 20 blue and DMC 20 white   
Thank you for the fun days love my new bookmark. Look forward to next years pattern.
Mary Jane.     Indiana USA"

Thanks for joining in again, Mary Jane.  Glad you enjoyed the journey into the fox's den!!!!



56.    Janet is the last person to arrive during this downloading and uploading session!!!  She says

"Hi Jane, 
My 2 foxy bookmarks, The Thread  is 20, Coats & Lizbeth. One of the foxes had an accident but seems to have recovered, must take care. Please Jane, let’s have another  TIAS. I love it, this is the first time that I have used beads. Think I must learn the blip stitch.  I live near Hallow, Worcester UK.  
Thank you. Take care, Jane continue soon with another TIAS 
Janet. 😊"

I wonder if you'll drive over to my house and wreak punishments galore on me if I don't do  another TIAS, Janet?!?!?  I think I'll have to do another or go into hiding underground somewhere!!!



57.    Leigh has just arrived in my inbox.  Her foxes look as if they're chasing each other's tails!!!

"Hi, Jane!
Finally got enough time to sit down and scan my completed TIAS 2021 puzzle.  This was my first time doing this and I had a blast!  I do hope you'll do more in the future.  My last guesses were:  1) Beaver, 2) Alligator, 3) Flying Squirrel.  And I was completely wrong!  You kept it secret for a lot longer than I thought possible.  Even the nose didn't quite give it away, though I think someone did guess fox.  Thank you for the break from worry and stress.  It was a very welcome respite.  
Fox #1:   Lizbeth Size #20 "Purple Dk" and "Ocean Teal Dk"
Fox #2:  Lizbeth Size #20 "Spice Cake" and "Honey Drizzle"
Fox #3:  Lizbeth Size #20 "Jungle Greens" and "Ecru"
Love and hugs,
Leigh"

Well how can I 'not' do another when you've taken the time out of your EXTREMELY busy life looking after us tatters, Leigh.  Now let me remind people that you're the brains behind something under the bed.



58.    Victoria is next to arrive in my inbox and she says

 Hi Jane,
Thank you for a wonderful event. This was my first time participating.  I have enjoyed it very much.  One of my fox’s ears, is a bit wonky but it gives it character. 
Threads used:
Light:  Lizbeth size 20 color 168
Dark:  DMC Cebelia size 20, dusty rose (I think)
Thank you so much,
Victoria”

Thanks for taking the time to join us, Victoria.


59.    The next finished fox comes from Heidi who says

 Hi Jane, 
I love working on your TAIS, 
It's a pleasure and always a surprise to see, 
what TIAS turns out to be. 

Many things are known for their bushy tail,

For this cute little fox it was an important detail. 

Jane is so wackily smart 

To created a foxy bookmark.”


Thanks, Heidi - I always enjoy reading your comments.




60.    Mimi is next. This is what she says.

Hello Jane,
Thanks for the fun! My poor fox is so cold he turned blue.
Thanks for the fun!
Mimi”

Thanks Mimi. 

Next to arrive is Claire with her day 14 and who says

 Hello Jane, 
Here is a picture of my day 14. 
I am glad to read that I was right about the bookmark part. 
Cheers, 
---
Claire 

Yes, Claire.  You are definitely psychic!!!  You can have a medal for that!!!!



61.    Rita is next to drop into my inbox and she says

I guess it's a Fox!! LOL
Great fun. Thank you
Rita Cline

Clever guess, Rita!!!  Wonder what makes you think that?!?!?!



62.    Jaycee sent in her finished fox earlier but it seems to have disappeared from this list so I’m adding it again with HUGE apologies to Jaycee.  She says

Hi Jane,
Here's my submission of Tias 2021. I used vintage Coats 459 blue for the first bookmark, 8906 and 575 for the 2nd. Guess I was distraught by the pandemic that I did not pay attention to read the instructions before tatting - made quite a couple of mistakes on the 1st and 2nd shuttle colours🤭 We have a no inter-state travels lockdown just weeks before CNY hence my kids are absent in our reunion dinner for the first time this new year.
Thanks so much for this fun tat again, most welcoming after years of absence. Looking forward to TIAS 2022😉
Jacee, Malaysia”



I’m off to bed now so see you in the morning.

1 comment:

Rose Anne B said...

OMGG these uploads were awesome to read and so full of accolades for you Jane and your talents and the fun you provided! Thank you to all tatters who participated and hope there are more coming in finished!