Tuesday 2 February 2021

I'm back!

Good morning everybody. First of all I'm not sure if day 11 will be tomorrow - I'm going to wait and see how many entries I get today before deciding. Things have gone quiet in Hungary so I think they may be struggling with the bead. 


First in today is Christine who says

"Hello Jane
Today I think perhaps we have made the nose of our whats-it and part of its face.
I am still puzzled!
Happy Tatting from a chilly Alabama, 
Christine"


Next to arrive is Judy who has her own ideas on what the TIAS will be!!  She says

"It is a praying mantis.. my new guess"



I'm worried about Julie's TIAS - I think it's breeding while we're doing it!!!  Here's her day 10 and her comment

"Wow such small rings. Is it the nose? I'm sure you'll keep us guessing.  I'm just not sure what it is yet. Julie"

Do you REALLY want me to answer your question, Julie?!?!?  Sorry, I'm not going to!!  I want to keep you all in suspense a while longer!!!!



Martha has just caught up with us and this is her comment

"Dear Jane,
I've missed quite a few sessions since last time.  Mine is looking decidedly skunk-like at the moment.  I did your suggested trick for working in one end and that saved me from having to get out of the chair to find some thin thread for a magic thread loop, though I eventually had to get up to get the thread and beads for the next part."

Pleased to have saved you the trouble of another journey, Martha!!!!



Back again with her day 10 is Cheryl.  She sadly had a bit of a 'false start' yesterday and this is what she says

"I redid it. I see that l missunderstood your pattern."

That's perfect, Cheryl.  Simply perfect.



Erzsebet is next to arrive with her day 10 also done perfectly.  She says

"Hello Jane 10.nap nekem igy sikerült!
Nagyon nehéz volt
Hello Jane Day 10 I did this! It was very hard"

You did it perfectly, Erzsebet.  



I think Jenni is enjoying this TIAS far too much as she's started another one!!  She also seems determined that it's going to be a fox!!!  Well, we'll see!!!  She says

"Hi Jane.
I am backing up my guess with another go at this TIAS ...
Fox.
If not then I will be right with my other guess that it isn't what I think it is lol.
Looking forward to a tat day to myself tomorrow.
Have a good day.
Hugs
Jenni"


Fiona is next with her day 9 and she says

"Hi Jane
Here is my day 9. Day 10 may be delayed as I will have to hunt down my beads. Watching the progress closely, and really not sure now what it is...I haven't even got a silly guess today! 
Kind regards 
Fiona "

That sounds like a new party game, Fiona.  Hunt the Beads!!!  Can I play, please?



A BIG sigh of relief now as Jolimama has just dropped into my inbox. Translating messages using Google translate is usually pretty good but with a complicated task that hasn't probably been seen or done before (like ring 2) it can become problematic so I sent a more detailed and full description to Jolimama. This is her day 10 and her comment.

"Kedves Jane! Írtad a blogban, hogy elcsendesült Magyarország 😉 A gyöngy a segítségeddel megoldódott, csak az osztott gyűrű alkalmazása okozott problémát. Talán most már sikerül mindenkinek, rájöttünk - remélem - a megoldásra. Próbáltam segíteni. Küldöm a 10. nap képét, remélem, hogy jól oldottam meg. 
Az már biztos, hogy nem szitakötő, amit a lányom Bernadette gondolt 😉
Szeretettel Jolimama Magyarországról 
Dear Jane! You wrote in the blog that Hungary fell silent 😉 The pearl was solved with your help, only the application of the split ring caused a problem. Maybe now everyone will succeed, we have figured out - I hope - the solution. I tried to help. I’ll send you a picture of day 10, I hope I solved it well. I'm sure it's not a dragonfly, what my daughter Bernadette thought 😉 With love from Jolimama Hungary"

Good to see you back, Hungary!!!!  A perfect day 10, Jolimama.




Next to arrive is Pascale who says

"Bonjour Jane j'ai avancé le travail. J'essaie le jour 10 mais c'est compliqué.....
A bientôt.  Pascale 
Hello Jane, I have advanced the work. I try on day 10 but it's complicated ..... See you soon. Pascale"

Don't worry, Pascale.  I will send you some more help shortly.  It's not hard, I promise.


Next in is Kathryn who says

"Dear Jane,

Here is my day 10 tatting, I think my bead is a bit big but at least it will show. I have no idea what it will be.

Kathryn"


It does look a bit big but as long as it's in the middle of the ring who's going to worry?  


Next to drop in is Marie-Claude who is still working on her giraffe!!!  She says

"Hello Jane,
Here is my Day 10. Is it the eye of the giraffe?.. I don't know really today... But as she is so enjoying her delicious meal of leaves, I don't want to disturb her to bring her into the fitting room!!
Maybe the nose of something else (for another drawing :-)...) 
Many thanks
Marie-Claude"

You keep guessing, Marie-Claude!!!  One day you'll be right - or maybe you're right already!!!!



I was pleased to see Janet next in my inbox.  This is what she has to say

 Hi Jane,
I have found a few beads but I have no idea what the sizes are.  This  is my first effort with beads, although I’ve been tatting for years. Must try again. Looking forward to day 11.   
Happy Tatting, Janet”

Well how have you managed to avoid beads, Janet?!?!?  I’m addicted to them for some things.  


Next to arrive is Ildiko from Hungary which makes me very happy as I see more of my friends in Hungary are getting through day 10.  She says

szép napot Jane, a 10. feladatot sajnos nem tudom szebben megcsinálni, fejtörést okozott, köszönöm ildikó
have a nice day Jane, unfortunately I can't do the 10th task nicer, it caused a headache, thank you ildikó

Well, Ildiko that looks perfect to me.  You have done it very well.



Next to arrive with her days 9 and 10 is Maren who says

“ Hi Jane,
Started to lag behind a bit, but here is my day 9 and 10. Hope I got it right!
I love all the splitrings you have put into this! It made me realize how creative you really can be when trying to come up with a new pattern. It inspires me to maybe give it a go myself.
But for now I am looking forward to the next part!
I'm going to change my guess to a pretty butterfly 🦋
Best,
Maren”



Jill is next in with her day 10 and she’s guessing it’s a - well I’ll let her tell you!!!

“Definitely some kind of animal. 
Jill
NC, USA”

Well it does look like it could be, Jill but I’m not sure.  That’s a perfect start to this part of the ‘whatever it is’.  



Janet is back with another day 10.  This is her comment - oh, and picture.

 Hello Jane, 
I managed to find a much smaller bead.  Also caught up with a second tias, which seems to have changed colours in the half light I was working on. It could be a chameleon. Take care ”

I like your suggestion, Janet.  I wonder if it is?



Judy who sent her day 10 in earlier has come back with her updated day 10 and she says

 Well,.. I changed it..  ”

I think that’s a lot better, Judy.  Bit of a pain having to change it but I think you’ll be happier in the end.


Agi is the next in my inbox and this is what she says

 Dear Jane
It was a difficult part. I hope it has been good. And I learned a new thing. Thanks. :) 
Ági”

Yes it was difficult but you’ve done it perfectly.  Congratulations.


Mary is next to drop into my inbox and she says she’s a bit behind.  Here’s her comment

I’m a bit behind but finally here is Day 9.
Mary”


Back again and shortly later is Mary with her day 10.  She says

Here’s Day 10 - is this the beginning of a face for whatever we’re making (of course, that’s assuming it’s some animal or other)?

Mary”

Well it could be, Mary but then it could be something entirely different!!!



No comments: