Wednesday 3 February 2021

Day 11

Good morning world.

Here is the link to Day 11


Top of the list today is going to be Pam who I admire greatly as she's left handed like Sue (the Sue who always thinks it's going to be a EFUS).  I'm not sorry she's left handed but sorry that all patterns are written for right handed people and she has to 'translate' them for herself.  Anyway, this is what she says.

"Well I knew that it would get complicated for me soon.  I am doing left handed backside so I can turn it over and it will be right handed to play along with where you are leading us.  So I "guessed that my seta and setb would be reversed.  I'm still in the game!"

To be honest, Pam I don't think it would make a jot of difference but whatever you did it turned out exactly right.



Following on is Rita who has this to say

"I'm new to split rings. Did I do this correctly?
Rita"

Well those are PERFECT, Rita.  You'll get a bit more practice with them before we've finished!!!


Next in is Carol who says

"Hello Jane:
Maybe an ear? Maybe an eye? Maybe a nose?
Looking forward to Day 11
Always, Carol
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life

It could be or it could be just a decoration for a dangle?



Jenni has done it again!!!  First in with her day 11 and I've only just caught up with the day 10's in my inbox again!!!  That means breakfast may become lunch!!!  Thanks, Jenni but no guesses?!?!?!?

"Here it is....

 Hugs."


Jenni is VERY closely followed by Jane who was so busy doing day 11 she - well I’ll let her tell you

 Hi Jane, so busy following instructions, I forgot to wonder what we were making.”



Anita is next in with day 11 too. She sounds completely puzzled!!!

“ Hi Jane,
This part of the pattern took a bit of concentration.
Fun! (but fiddly). I don’t have a clue what this is going to be.
/Anita”

Well I like to keep you all on your toes, Anita!!!!



Jolimama is next in from Hungary.  She says

 Kedves Jane! Szép reggel van 😉 El is készült a 11. nap feladata. Egy fejet látok kialakulni😉 Szép napot! Szeretettel: Jolimama Magyarország 
Dear Jane! It's a nice morning 😉 The task of the 11th day is done. I see a head forming😉 Have a nice day! With love: Jolimama Hungary“

Brilliant and very fast too.  Thank you, Jolimama.



Next to pop into my inbox is Aude who has sent in her progress.  She says

 Hi jane! 
I’m always with you! 
I keep tatting;) 
Thanks for this! 
Aude”

Thanks, Aude.  Pleased to see you keeping up with us!!!




Maureen is next in with her - well I’m not sure either, Maureen!!!  Here’s what she says

Here are two sluggy things from the Canberra Potters’ Gallery, wondering whether this sluggy thing will soon be joining them.
It might even be an axelotl!”

What is an axelot, Maureen?  The world needs to know!!!

Maureen has just come back with the answer.  She tells us that 

An axelotl is a walking fish! Sluggish looking, like the tatting.”



Erzsebet is next to arrive with her day 11.  She says

 Hello Jane 11nap Magyarország.  Igy sikerült, javítok ha  van benne hiba! 

Hello Jane 11 days Hungary That's how it worked, I'll fix it if there's a bug in it!“

No bug at all, Erzsebet.


The missing Sue has turned up at last with her day 8!!  We’ve been missing your silly comments, Sue!!!

I attach a pic of my Day 8!! Now Barmy the Beaversquirrel wants to know why you think he's curled up asleep???? If you all missed the silly comments it's because I had a dead phone! No pics!!! Old phone with no decent camera for calls!!”



Quickly following Sue is Ildiko.  She’s sent in her day 11 and says

 Hello Jane, ez már biztos állat, kész az orra, szeme - további szép napot
Hello Jane, this is already a sure animal, ready for your nose, eyes - another nice day.”

Well it could be, Ildiko.  It could be or it could be a chocolate soldier or a thin Santa Claus or even a tower with lights at the top!!!!



Mariya is the next into my inbox and she says

 Hey Jane,
Here are my days 9 to 11. I have no idea what it gonna be now 😂”

Nor me, Mariya!!!!


Marie-Claude has arrived in my inbox with her day 11.  She says

 Goodbye Giraffe, I miss you on this Day 11!!.. But that pointed muzzle is definitely not yours... 
The third bead could be the second eye, in that place...or not! I think rather to a fox, or a weasel, or an ermine, with a bushy tail... 
Have a nice day Jane.
Marie-Claude”

Those are some great guesses but I’m wondering!!!!!
.
.



Hallie is next to arrive with her comment

Good morning, Jane,
Either a second, fatter mouse has joined the first in eating the mouldy baguette, OR I'm going to join Team Fox as my guess for the day.
Thanks again!”

Hmmmmm, a fox, eh?  


Next in is Nicola and she says

I’m beginning to think I chose the wrong colour.   I’m also thinking it’s a critter of some sort – not sure what though.”


Nicole is back with another day 11 and this is what she says

 Bonjour Jane, j'ai tout recommencé pour m'habituer et je suis contente, je pense avoir réussi. 
Bonne journée. Pascale 
Hello Jane, I started all over to get used to it and I'm happy, I think I did it. Have a good day. Pascale“

Sue’s on a roll now she’s back with a phone to use.  She’s sent in day 9 now.

 Making up for lost time! Here we have Barmy stretching out on the cat!!”



Melanie simply says!

Here tis”


And she’s back AGAIN with day 10.

Now he can sniff the air!”


And AGAIN with day 11

There was Barmy dozing.... And you are waking him!!!!

Now I caught up!!!!”


Now for a change from Sue I’ve got Cheryl.  She says

I'm so glad you include a diagram. I started wandering off in the wrong direction. But I looked again at the graf and realized I was heading north instead of west. Hence that stretched out picot on the right. I can't even give you a drawing of whit I think it is. Haven't a clue. 🤔”


Valerie has just popped into my inbox with her day 11.  She says

 Bonjour Jane,
J'ai du réfléchir un peu pour ce 11e jour. Au debut, je me suis dit que j'avais oublié une perle. J'ai démonté ma navette et passé la perle. Mince ça n'allait pas. Je cherche dans mon livre d'apprentissage et hop  trouvé la solution. J'ai juste de toutes petites perles et j'ai du ruser pour passer le fil en double.
Mais voilà  le résultat :
J'aime toujours l'idée du crocodile.
A bientôt pour un nouveau jour.
Valerie de France. 
Hello Jane, I had to think a bit for this 11th day. At the beginning, I told myself that I had forgotten a pearl. I dismantled my shuttle and passed the pearl. Hell, that wasn't right. I looked in my learning book and found the solution. I just have very small beads and I had to cunning to get the thread twice. But here is the result: I still like the idea of the crocodile.See you soon for a new day. Valerie from France.“


Valerie has returned with another version of days 10 and 11 and says

 Me revoilà avec un nouvel essai.
Here I am again with another try.

That looks PERFECT, Valerie.


Bernice is next to arrive and she says

Jane, I much preferred these last few rings. The smaller ones just don’t want to close easily but I’m having fun.  Tons of snow last night but blue skies this morning.”

Please keep your snow, Bernice.  We don’t want it thanks!!!!



Anne-Marie has just arrived with her TIAS.  She says

 Hello Jane,this Tias makes me crazy !
I make it with great pleasure,but I have no idea,no,no,no,or then,only one : my  squirrel imagined a few days ago,has been transformed !!!! In an OVNI, " oiseau volant non identifié "( flying bird no identified)!!!
OVNI= It's a pun in France with  " objets volants non identifiés" often " soucoupes volantes",ou habitat des " extra- terrestres"
....
Excuse- me for this half english half french message
Regards .
Anne- Marie ( France)”

Love your message whatever language you use and it’s interesting too.



Stephanie has sent in her day 11 with this comment

It’s looking more and more like a fox….or a praying mantis.  (Do you have those on your side of the pond?  Creepy-looking things….)  So far I think we have a nose and one eye….second eye to be ‘installed’ next time(?).  I’m currently stewing over how you’re going to attach his legs if he’s going to be a fox….no picots to attach them to except on the tail. 

Beaded picot was a pain today on the size 80 thread.  The crochet hook that was handy was too big for the bead.  Didn’t slow me down much, but making it work was a little more fiddly than if I’d had the proper size hook.  The size 20 one wasn’t quite as hard – it was big enough I could actually SEE what I was doing.  😊

 Have a terrific week.

Stephanie”



Sylvie has sent in her day 11 now.  She says

 Hi Jane
I'm late this evening, but I send you day11, I suppose actually it is a crocodile...??? It is difficult to say...
Have a good night. 
Sylvie ”

Now do you really expect me to say ‘yes’ when I should probably say ‘no’?  Giggle, giggle, giggle.


Christine is the next to drop into my inbox and she says

Hello Jane,
Here is my TIAS, Day 11.  It looks like we have a nose and an eye now.  The other eye is on standby. :)
Looking forward to the next clue,
Christine in Alabama

Well they could be lights on the top of a tower or something like that!!!


Last one today is Rose Anne who says

Hmmmm now it's Day 11 and still no closer to guessing accurately, even with the two parts together!   I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 

Well I’m not surprised as we’ve only just started the second part!!!



Well my bed calls me and I’m going to obey it!!!  See you tomorrow.

No comments: