Monday 1 February 2021

Day 10

 Day 10 can be found here.

Please read the instructions carefully for closing ring 2.  

First in this morning's inbox is Jennifer who says

"With apologies to Monty Python..."

FANTASTIC picture, Jennifer. Thanks for a good laugh first thing this morning.



Julibeth is next with her model to help her! She says

"Jane,
Finished up Day 6 with with Velvet’s excellent supurrvision. She even deigned to assist with modeling but apparently found the role quite boring, sleeping through the entire photo shoot. No new guesses animal or alien. Maybe it really will be an umbrella stand.
Julibeth "

There you are, Sue. Just as you've changed your mind FROM an umbrella stand Julibeth decides it could be!!!!

Next in is Lyn who says

"Hi Jane,
Here is day 9 ! Still no idea what it could be. We have gone into a full lockdown as of 6pm tonight for 5 days! Maybe more tatting time!
Regards from WA 
Lyn C"

Hopefully a lot more tatting time but sorry to hear that you're in lockdown.  I can't remember now what life was like without lockdown.  It's been months now for us.



Sarah C is next into the inbox with her day 9 and her comment which is

"Jane,
This is fun. Thank you!
Here is my Day 9. It’s sitting on the pillow I sometimes use to prop up my patterns.  I’m not sure what kind of color to pick for the beads. Will seed beads be ok?
I have been texting my two friends after each day. They are having fun following my progress and trying to guess. Yesterday I sent them a picture of Day 9 and one of my friends said, “Moving from protozoa to tapeworm. 😋 JK”.  She meant it kindly, of course!  And we’re all pretty sure that’s not the final answer. 
Sarah C. 
"

That's a very spooky picture, Sarah!!!  It's looking right at me!!!!  YIKES!



Claire is back with her day 9 and I'm pleased to report she's stopped worrying about the curve in her TIAS.  She says

"Hello Jane, 
Here is the picture of my day 9. I am happy to report that it straightened itself nicely. I was getting a little bit worried about the curve it had before...
My 6yo daughter thinks it will be a butterfly. 
Cheers, 

I wonder if your daughter is going to be right?



Next in is Andrea with her day 9 and her comment is

"Apologies Jane, but no guess or drawing today, as I am totally befuddled 🤣🤣 can't  seem to get my brain in gear, so hopefully things will become clearer with Day 10. Looking at my photo ... they could be a pair of wonky legs with rather large feet.  🤣🤣🤣Loving the challenge  
Andrea"


Heidi is next with her day 9 and a rhyme too!!  She says

"With Jenni I tend to agree,
A cute little fox it could be.
Heidi
(pictured is our local San Joaquin kit fox, isn't he cute?)"

Yes he's a very handsome fox but is that what you're guessing too?  Hmmmmm.



I can now announce the first person in with her day 10.  Thankfully Maureen picked up something I'd forgotten to change on the diagram but it's all sorted now!!  Thanks for that, Maureen - I'm glad you told me so I could sort it before others got to it!!!

"No gallery tonight, because I am stumped- your diagram clearly shows 3 picots in ring 4, and I have only 2.
Do I need to unpick?"

If you look at the new diagram you'll see you're fine, Maureen.  BC3 let me down!!!


Jenni is next with her day 10.  After a panic to find beads she's now got some and this is her comment.  She says

"Scrap that first email!!
Found some beads. They are blue but then my fox is green and gold for goodness sake!!
Forgive the very quick sketch skills.
Fox fox fox maybe even fox in socks?
Hugs "

Jenni the bead should bend down into the centre of the ring.  Can you do that now it's completed?


Jane is next and here's her comment

"Goodness Jane, I hope I've followed all the instructions correctly. The bead looks more like an eye in your diagram than it does in real life."

Looks perfect to me, Jane.


Anita has now arrived with her day 10. She says

“ Hi Jane,
Day 10 was a bit difficult, my bead doesn’t look like the one in your drawing.
I’ll see what everyone else's day 10 looks like, and compare.
Greetings from a snowy, sunny and beautiful day in Stockholm.
/Anita

You can still get the bead into the middle of the ring by just turning it, Anita.  When you closed the ring you should’ve done it then but don’t worry - it still works!!!



Anita has just sent me this picture of her corrected bead.  It looks PERFECT now.  Thanks, Anita.


Sylvie has now arrived with her day 10 and a question.  The answer is - perfect.  I’m so relieved you understood it all.

 Hi Jane, here is my day 10, is it right? I hope, I have understood your tutorial.
Have a good day. 
Sylvie ”



Now I have Sarah who is next in my inbox.  She says

 Oh my goodness! I never realized it was spooky. Sorry about that. I just hadn’t found a good background for it.”

Love spooky backgrounds - bring it on!!!!



Tatania is next with her day 10 and she says

 Hello jane,
Peut être un crocodile 
Amitié 
Tatiana de France?
Hello jane, Maybe a crocodile Friendship Tatiana from France“

Maybe, Tatania, maybe!!!  Love your crocodile’s legs!!



The next person in my inbox is Melanie who says

 Hi Jane-
An intriguing start to the second portion. I have no idea what that bead is representing! I like the way the stitches curl around the bead. Interesting.....
Melanie”

I’ve used that way of dropping a bead into a ring many times in the past.  For something like the TIAS it’s pretty easy to do.  Glad you like it Melanie.



Next person to arrive is Hallie who says

Good morning from snowy Wisconsin, Jane!
Ok, now it is a mouse nibbling on the mouldy baguette.”



Stephanie is back with her day 10.  She’s got problems with hers.  Not tatting problems but a sneaky scanner or elves which are playing tricks on her!! This is what she says

Could be a nose….could be an eye….could be a flower with a bee in it getting nectar….(and the long, thin part from the first days would be a leaf?).

I think DH is sticking to his squirrel.  He said it could be an ear with an earring.  Ok, a squirrel with an earring, anyone? 

Enjoyed the split rings.  No matter how many times I scanned, at least ONE of these came up with the wrong side facing the scanner.  I think elves sneaked in and flipped one of them.  They were right when I put them face-down on the screen!

Stephanie”



Arlene is next with her day 9 and she says


“ No drawing, because I am baffled. Maybe a squirrel?

Arlene M
Durham, NC, US”


So pleased to hear you’re baffled, Arlene!!!




Next in is Cheryl with her question and picture. She says

 Is day #10 ok? It looks a little squishy to me. 
-- 
It looks as if your ring 2 is fine but somehow ring 1 seems to be hiding behind it!
Well that’s what it looks like although the picture is very small.


KatieV is next to arrive with her gang of TIAS’s! She says

 Hi, Jane,
here are my Day 10 thingies!  Are those five eyes looking at us?   Or??
Just wondering!  ;)
Happy tatty times!
Katie V in NC USA”


Marco has just sent in her day 10 too.  She says

 Here is day 10
Greetings Marco”

Looks good, Marco.

Next in is Valerie.  This is what she has to say about her day 10

 Bonsoir Jane, bonsoir tout le monde,
voilà une suite bien mystérieuse... hâte de voir la suite !
Bonne soirée, bises.
Good evening Jane, good evening everyone, here is a very mysterious sequel ... can't wait to see the sequel! Good evening, kisses.”



Kay Lynn and her super helper are next to arrive in my inbox.  This is what they have to say

 Dear Jane,
Well the thermometer here in Interior Alaska is going DOWN....supposed to be -50 degrees F. tonight (hope those predictions are wrong).  So Aonghas and I still have FBS "frozen brain syndrome" which gives us an excuse for not knowing what we're tatting yet.  Ha!   We think that bead #1 is a nose, but who knows with Jane and her tricky ways? Nevertheless, we're enjoying the guessing and watching what others think.
Kay Lynn & Aonghas”


Bernice is next to arrive and she says

 Hi Jane

My bead might be just a tad too large but it is sitting in the middle of ring 2.  Is this a skunk?”


Well it’s sitting in the right place so don’t worry, Bernice!!!  You don’t expect an answer to your question, do you?!?!?!




Rose Anne has now arrived and she says


“Hmmmm now that Day 10 is here I'm still no closer to guessing accurately, even with the two parts together!   I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.


Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 


Looks fine to me, Rose Anne




Wendy has just sent in her day 9 and she says


 Here is day 9.  We both think it is a slug.  Now I have to find some beads!

Wendy x”


Finally this evening I have Valerie who says

C est une grande première pour moi pour ce 10e jour car je n'avais encore jamais utilisé  de perle.
J'espère que c'est bien comme ça qu'il faut faire.
Ma nouvelle idée  est un crocodile 🐊. 
Bonne soirée. 
Valerie de France. 
Good evening Jane, This is a great first for me for this 10th day because I had never used a pearl before. I hope that's the way it should be. My new idea is a crocodile 🐊. Good night. Valerie from France.”

Well it looks perfect to me, Valerie.  Well done.



Time for bed here so I’ll say goodnight and hope to see you tomorrow.

No comments: