Saturday 13 February 2021

Day 16

As I upload the finished bookmarks I will be numbering them so that we find out how many have taken part. Even if you haven’t sent yours in regularly (or even not at all) I’d be grateful to receive your final bookmark as it means that I may just do another TIAS in the future. Any comments or suggestions on how the TIAS could be improved would also be gratefully received.

Also it would be appreciated if you could add the country you live in and the thread colours you’ve used (if possible!) when you send in your day 16.


First in of the overnighters this morning is Rita who says

"Looks like ears. A red squirrel?"



Carol is next in and she's got this to say

"Dear Jane:
I have attached my photo of d15 - our bookworm needs another ear!
Always, Carol
Blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life 

It's there now, Carol!!!  See day 16!



Heidi is the last of the overnighters and she has this little rhyme

"A foxy bookmark appears 

with one of two ears.


Heidi"




1.    First in with the final day is Jenni who I know lives in Australia.  Jenni was also the first to guess what the TIAS was going to be.  That was waaaay back before we'd even reached the head!!  She says


"Hi Jane.

Here is my efforts today.
Mr Flat Fox
So much fun.
Thanks Jane xxxx
Hugs"


2.    Maureen is next into my inbox and she says

"Here is my fox! Lizbeth 642, lilac Medium, and 612 Golden Yellow Light which is one of my favourites.
I don’t have another fox to share the picture, but the weasel is obviously related and makes a fitting last photo for 2021.
Thank you so much for this TIAS, I know they mean a huge amount of work for you, but it is just not the same, when a New Year starts without one.
I’ve really enjoyed thinking of so many tatters all over the world bringing this Fox to life.
Next year, maybe a camel?
Maureen Lawrence
Brisbane 
Australia "


3.    Anita has just arrived now.  She says

"Hi Jane,
You had me guessing until the very end :-)
This is my bookmark, a very unique colour of a fox :-)
I have used a green thread from a local discontinued brand that I found in my stash. The white is DMC 20.
I have so enjoyed this and I look forward to a new TIAS next year.
Thank you so much!
/Anita from Sweden"



4.    The next to arrive in my inbox is Jolimama who has sent a picture of where she lives in Hungary too.  She says

 Kedves Jane! Hát eljött az utolsó nap. Elkészültem vele és már a helyére is került, a most olvasott könyvembe.
Köszönöm a játékot, jó volt várakozni a következő napi feladathoz.
Lisbeth 20. 673, 601, 611 szín.
Jolimama Magyarországról.

Dear Jane! Well, the last day has come. I was done with it and it was already in place in my book I just read. Thanks for the game, it was good to wait for the next day’s task. Lisbeth 20. 673, 601, 611 colors. Jolimama from Hungary.“

Thank you for taking part, Jolimama and for all the help you gave to the other Hungarian tatters.  I’ve enjoyed talking to you all as well as doing the TIAS.



5.    
Hello Jane,
I always follow your tias with great pleasure!
So also this time, but the first bead was difficult, and because of the snow here I could not go for help to my teacher. I hope I can go there next week. 
I cann’t yet show my results, but you can count me as 1 person who made your tias from 2021.
So I hope till next year with a new tias!
Many greatings, 
Els Valkenburg from the Netherlands”


6.    Next to arrive is Maria who says

Dankjewel voor het leuke patroon

Lieve groetjes

Maria

Thank you for the nice pattern Dear greetings Maria”




7.    Marco is next with her finished foxy bookmark.  She says


 Hello Jane,

Here is my finish.
 Looking forward to the next tias  .
Thank you for this one.
Greetings Marco”


8.    Ildiko has arrived now with her finished bookmark and she has this to say

 Hello Jane, köszönöm a játékot, kellemes időtöltés volt, sokat tanultam. Jövőre, veled, ugyanitt  /Bernard Slade jutott eszembe/
jó egészséget kívánok
Nedeczky Ildikó
Budapest/Magyarország
Hello Jane, thank you for the game, it was a pleasant pastime, I learned a lot. Next year, with you, in the same place / Bernard Slade came to mind / I wish you good health Ildikó Nedeczky Budapest, Hungary“



9.    Hanneke is next to arrive and this is what she has to say

 A bit crooked head (made a mistake somewhere) but I love it
Thank you so much for this nice bookmark pattern
Met vriendelijke groet,
Hanneke”

I’m sure lots of foxes have wonky ears, Hanneke!!!  He looks great to me.



10.    Tatiana has taken the next place in my inbox and here she is.

 Bonjour Jane, 
J'ai adoré faire ce TIAS.
Je fais de la frivolité depuis 1 mois .
Tu aurais peut être dû dire où mettre la couleur claire et foncée au  jour  1.
Je suis de Lorraine en France.
Amicalement 
Tatiana
Hello Jane, I loved doing this TIAS. I have been tatting for 1 month. You might have said where to put the light and dark color on day 1. I am from Lorraine in France. Kindly Tatiana“

I will remember that advice for next time, Tatiana.



11.    Next to arrive is Barbara who says

 Wspaniała zabawa Jane!  
 Mój lisek zjadł bardzo dużo gumijagód i jest fioletowy!
Bardzo Ci dziękuję Jane! Do zobaczenia za rok!!!
Jestem z Polski, z Bielska-Białej
Użyłam starych zapasów Aidy kolor 108 i 112

Great fun Jane!
  My fox has eaten a lot of gummy berries and it's purple!
Thank you so much Jane! See you next year!!!
I am from Poland, from Bielsko-Biała
I used old Aida stocks of color 108 and 112
Barbara”

That’s a naughty, silly fox to have eaten gummy berries!!!  I hope he doesn’t have tummy pains!!!!


12.    Next to drop in is Sylvie who says

 Hi Jane, 
Happy to write you! Thank you for this nice bookmark!!!!
I like it...
I’m Sylvie from France, in the Town Millau in Aveyron département.
Do you know «  viaduc de Millau »?
Perhaps see you next year for a new TIAS.😀👍
Happy to meet you.
Sylvie“

Wow, that’s an AMAZING viaduct.  Sadly I don’t know Millau but I will be asking Mr Google all about your home when I have time.  LOVE the way you’ve shown the colours you’ve used too.




13.    Dorota is next to drop into my inbox and she says

 Dziękuję za udział to jest piękne 😍 będzie mi służyć i teraz mogę więcej czytać może romansów 😁 Jane było mi bardzo miło dołączyć do was 👍 pozdrawiam z Polski 🌹

Thank you for participating, it's beautiful 😍 it will serve me and now I can read more romances 😁 Jane I was very pleased to join you 👍 greetings from Poland 🌹”

I was very pleased to meet you during the TIAS, Dorota.  Thank you for taking part.



14.    Next to arrive is Sue who has made a - well I’ll let her tell you!!!

 Barmy Bonkers the Beaversquirrel Fox!!”



15.    Sonja is next and this is what she has to say

 Hello Jane'
Here my TIAS 21.Nice pattern. Struggled a little bit with the ears, but I found it.
Usual i make my picture smaaler, but the computer would not resize it, sorry.
Thank you for al the work you did for us.
Greetings untill next year.
Sonja Labordus from a sunny but cold day.  I live in a village close to Leiden, close to the sea. Always wind. A nice place. Leiden is a city between Amsterdam and The Hague.

Don’t worry - the picture will be fine.  Thanks for sending it in.



16.    Finally for now I have Kathryn who says

Dear Jane,

Thank you so much for the fox book mark. Now I will need to read a real book and not my new KOBO. I am going to make another fox in foxy colours.

Kathryn”


Like you, Kathryn, I read ebooks nowadays but maybe you have a friend or member of your family who would like a bookmark!




17.    Jane has just dropped in all the way from.........  I’ll let her tell you


 Thanks very much Jane.  Mr Foxy bookmark is going to be useful soon as I've just bought a pile of second hand books and will be abandoning the kindle for the real thing! 

Jane McLellan in Zimbabwe. Dark green thread is Milford size 20, off white is Coats Floretta.”


18.    Erzsebet is the next person in my inbox and she says


 Kedves Jane elkészült a kis róka könyvjelző, köszönöm szépen a játékot nagyon jó volt várni a következő napokat.

/ Erzsébet Magyarország /
Dear Jane finished the little fox bookmark, thank you very much the game was very good to wait for the next few days. / Erzsébet Hungary “




19.    Agi is next in my inbox and she says


 Dear Jane

It's ready. :) I really enjoyed the game. I hope it will be next year. I used DMC Babylo and Anchor. 
Ági from Hungary”


20.    Next to arrive is Hallie who says

Thank you, Jane! This has been great fun, and I do hope you'll do another one next year!
My fox isn't very fox-colored, is he...but I can make him some friends.
In addition to the fun aspect of sharing with everyone, I enjoyed using your half-stitch method of placing the nose bead, and actually using the shoe lace trick. I'd read about it but never made anything that required it. 
I had a question--in your patterns, do you follow a simple join by a half stitch and count it, or do you expect a full DS to immediately follow the join?
Best wishes for a happy, more normal 2021!
Hallie in Wisconsin, USA“

Thanks, Hallie I’m so pleased you enjoyed the experience.  The method of placing the bead in the centre of the ring is an old technique often called ‘Victorian sets’ but like many others I added a bead into the ‘equation’.  To answer you question about an extra half stitch after a join - no!!! I’ve never seen it illustrated or mentioned in any of the books I’ve seen over the past 64 years and it would just add more confusion to my poor aged brain if I had to remember that as well!!!  





21.    This session of uploading finished foxes starts with Coretta who says


 Fox bookmark. 

Finished day 15 on my way to see my oldest daughter’s piece in a high school art gallery showing.”


Wow, lucky you to have a creative daughter too.  Hope she learns to tat one day.




22.    Valerie is next to arrive with her final day and she says

 Bonjour Jane,
Voilà mon dernier jour.
C'est un vrai plaisir d'avoir participé à votre tias.
J'ai  réussi  a rentrer les fils correctement. Je vais le recommencé en adaptant les couleurs pour que les perles se voient mieux.
A bientôt de se revoir pour de nouvelles aventures.
Valerie de France. 
Hello Jane, This is my last day. It is a real pleasure to have participated in your tias. I managed to get the threads in correctly. I will do it again, adapting the colors so that the pearls are visible. See you soon for new adventures. Valerie from France.”

Good idea to do it again, Valerie.  I always think a TIAS is a sort of practice tat.



23.    Well I’ve been called some names in the past but this is the best one yet and I’m proud of it.  Thank you, Julie!!  She says

You are a sly fox.You kept me guessing. They're cute little foxes. Thanks for the fun and the pattern. You are very talented. I used Lizbeth thread colors 671 Christmas red and 607 charcoal med; 672 burgundy and 617 magenta med; 665 ocean teal dk and 664 ocean teal med.I will miss the fun. I hope you can do another tias soon.I will be watching your blog waiting to hear from you. Julie, Forsyth, Missouri, USA”

As soon as the last few TIAS 2021 have arrived I’ll be back on my normal blog, Julie.  See you there, I hope.



24.    Isabelle is next to arrive - all the way across the sea from France.  She says

Hello, 
I am Isabelle from France, Nancy. There is my tatting. I used Lisbeth thread blue and yellow.
Thank you for your work, it was a pleasure to tat this pattern.   
Hope to see TIAS in 2022.?

I’m glad you enjoyed it, Isabelle.



25.    Just LOVE this picture from Lou Dawn who has this to say

 Hi Jane, excellent tias as always!  I love them,  I think I’ve been with you since the chickens.  Colors are Lizbeth 606 charcoal, 677 lime green, 686 sea green light, 688 sea green dark and 633 purple dark and 671 Christmas red.  I hope you keep doing the tias I so look forward to them after the Christmas season gives way to the doldrums! It’s snowing here with high winds so the foxes are heading to their den!  Thanks for all the fun! Happy tatting! Lou Dawn     Renton, Washington, USA”

Sensible foxes.  I’m in my den right now and that’s where I’m staying until this very cold weather goes away.


26.    Next to arrive is Valerie and she has this to say

 Bonsoir Jane, Bonsoir tout le monde ! je suis très heureuse de vous présenter mon marque page petit renard !! Je l'ai réalisé en coton crème et rose. J'ai vraiment adoré participer à ce T.I.A.S, je ne connaissais pas le principe, je trouve super sympa ! je reviendrai avec plaisir ! Bises à tous et bientôt : Valérie (France)
Good evening Jane, good evening everyone! I am very happy to present you my little fox bookmark !! I made it in cream and pink cotton. I really loved participating in this T.I.A.S, I did not know the principle, I find it super fun! I will come back with pleasure! Kisses to all and soon: Valérie (France)“



27.    Bernice has just arrived in my inbox and she says

 Thanks Jane,

Love this bookmark and sad to see the end of another TIAS, I just may have to go review some previous years and treat myself to more.  I found the instructions easy to follow and really like how you made the tips of the ears.  I thought that you didn’t feel like sewing in ends you could leave them as whiskers and just add a few to the other side.  I used Lizbeth size 20 threads, Snow White and Tutti Fruitti. I am just east of the Rocky Mountains and yes it is cold here today.  

Bernice, tatting in Calgary AB CANADA”


I like the idea of whiskers, Bernice, but wasn’t sure they’d last long when used as a bookmark.  


28.    Next to arrive is Judy and this is what she has to say

 Jane,
Here is Dash, my foxy lady!
Thread..size no clue..black and Pink variegated.  Arizona, USA
This will go to one of my granddaughters.”

Lucky granddaughter.  I hope the others aren’t going to be left out!!!! 



29.    Next to drop in is Edit who has this to say

 Kedves Jane!
Köszönöm a játékot,elkészültek vele.
További jó munkát,a munkához covid-mentes jó egészséget kívánok!
Szeretettel:
Edit
Magyarországról

Dear Jane! Thanks for the game, you're done with it. I wish you another good job, a covid-free good job! With love: Editfrom Hungary“



30.    Josiane is the next to arrive in my inbox and she says

“Bonjour Jane,
Merci pour ce modèle.  Je suis en Suisse, à Morgan.  J'ai utilisé : Babylo rose n°10 de DMC Maddison framboise n° 10 du supermarché Manor à Morges.
Meilleurs messages.

Hello Jane, Thanks for this model. I am in Switzerland, in Morges. I used: DMC Pink Babylo No.10 Raspberry Maddison n ° 10 from the Manor supermarket in Morges. Best messages.“

31.    Cheryl is next to arrive and she’s added whiskers to the fox.  Great idea, Cheryl.  Here’s what she says

 -- There he is. My unconventional fox. He's green and blue, that's what he's unconventional. I left the start and end threads a little because I thought it looked like whiskers. Thank you Jane for the adorable TIAS. It was lots of fun. 




32.    Rose Anne is my next arrival and she says

 So the clever wily Jane has created a sneaky foxy bookmark to keep us entertained and tatting!  So it wasn't my guesses of a beaver, a skunk, a bull's skull with a roadkill body, nor a crocodile!  SHEESH!!!!  You got me to the saddened end that's for sure Jane!  
I'm using Lizbeth Red #671 and Off White #602 along with clear silver lined beads so not quite visible.
I've  no suggestions to improve only to please try to keep this going, look how amusing and sneaky you are with these TIAS's both for your and our enjoyment!   Again thank you whole heartedly!  💞💞💞
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 



Kathryn who is number 16 to arrive has just come back with this comment and picture!!!

Hi Jane, 

I made another one in foxy colours.

Kathryn”


I think you’ve got a ‘fox addiction’, Kathryn!!!




33.    Next to pop into my inbox is Stephanie who has this to say

 Hi Jane!

These two foxes come from the piedmont area of North Carolina, USA.  We are relatively close to the Great Smoky Mountains, the Appalachian Mountains, and the Blue Ridge Mountains.  (The Great Smoky Mountains are a ‘subrange’ of the Appalachian Mountains, and they’re all part of the Blue Ridge Mountains.)  Best idea of what’s we’re near is this:  Appalachian Mountains - Wikipedia  Keep in mind we’re in the Piedmont, though – the mountains are seen in the distance, but we are at a lower (and flatter) elevation.  Still….it’s nice to be able to see mountains in the distance. 

Colors for the small fox are size 80 DMC color #798 and #109.  He has tiny size 15 beads for his eyes and nose.  The larger fox was tatted with size 20 Lizbeth color #620 (Azalea Med.) and #156 (lost the bit of paper that had the color name but I think it was “Juicy Watermelon”).  Beads for the larger fox were size 11.  

Even better, I *do* use bookmarks.  I don’t do my reading from a screen, I read real BOOKS, and I love bookmarks.  These two will be kept very busy.

DH reminded me that he had been saying it was probably a fox since long ago – when we started the fuzzy tail, then had the stretch of rings/chains with no picots.  I kept saying it couldn’t be.  A few nights ago he showed me a fox crossing through our yard and I admitted it *did* sort of resemble a fox.  Apparently we have a pair of foxes hanging out in our yard on a semi-regular basis.  We have a skunk living somewhere nearby, too, most likely in a large brush pile at the far corner of the yard.  That’s one ‘bonus’ of living out in the rural part of the state – wildlife.  We have to fence our garden in every year, because the deer refuse to share with us otherwise.  😉 

Have a fantastic week and thank you so very much for this TIAS.  I hope you and BC3 decide to do it again next year.  It is such fun and it gets us through the worst of the winter ‘blahs,’ having a bit of tatting and lots of fun guessing every few days.  

Big hug to you!

Stephanie”


Thank you, Stephanie and I’m so glad you enjoyed the TIAS.  I hope DH isn’t saying ‘I told you so’ too much!!!


34.    Sue is next to arrive and this is what she has to say

 Hi Jane,
Sue from southwest Michigan, U.S..  I am hoping you get enough responses to keep doing TIAS!
My fox was done in Lizberh #629 and #634”

I really need a good idea, Sue!!!  That’s usually the hardest part.



35.    Dani has just popped into my inbox and she has this to say

 hi Jane!

here are my bewhiskered fox, and his final form.  it occurred to me that we are seeing him trudging through the snow!

well, maybe that’s just in the Finger Lakes, Central New York State, USA!

i used Lizbeth 20 #710 (Bright Blue Lt) and Liz Metallic 20 #325 (Gem Stone)

dani, the geek”


Thanks, Dani.  Love your fox.



36.    KatieV has just arrived with her menagerie!!  She says


 Hi, Jane,

My little menagerie of foxy bookmarks are ready to worm their way into a good book!  Bet the grands will enjoy using one.
I've included a pic of the threads used--and of a basketful of shuttles that need to be emptied!  I'm thinking of the Unending Doily concept.  http://tatknot.blogspot.com/2019/05/unending-doilies.html
Thank you immensely for the TIAS.  It's been such a joy---both your magnificent work and that of the fellow tatters from over the world who send in so many fun and playful ideas!
You make January a happy month with the TIAS!  Not an insignificant task in these weird times!
Big tatty hugs to you and all the participating tatters!  You all are the best!
Katie V in North Carolina, north of Raleigh, USA?”

Thanks, KatieV - always good to see you back in my inbox.





37.    Maren has just arrived in my inbox with her finished foxy bookmark.  She says

 Hi Jane,
Here is my icy polar fox!
I'm pretty happy with my colour choice in the end, especially the pink snout :)
I used Lizbeth 20, colours are Royal blue and Artic waters.
Thank you so much for organizing this!
It was a lot of fun! :)
Best wishes,
Maren from Norway”

I’m so pleased you enjoyed it, Maren.



38.    Now Tina has just arrived with her foxy bookmark and she says

“Here you go, Jane! My very feminine, pink & purple, Fox!  I have loved this TIAS! You had me guessing to the very end.
My husband wants me to tat another Fox in "Fox colors" complete with white tips on his tail & black tips on his ears. Wish me luck on that challenge!  Tina from Oak Ridge, NC

You can do it, Tina.  You can do it.  Show that man you can rise to his challenge!!!!



39.    Phyllis has just arrived with her completed bookmark.  This is what she says

Here is my completed bookmark.  It must be a juvenile as head color is different than body.  Thread was miscellaneous I hand dyed in my stash.  Love starting the year off with your TIAS and seeing others from around world join in.  Thanks Jane for this special treat.  Phyllis in Georgia USA”

You’re welcome, Phyllis.  I just need to see if BC3 can come up with a new idea for another year.

2 comments:

Lelia said...

Delightful TIAS! Such a fine fox. Thx Jane

Rose Anne B said...

It is so awesome seeing and reading all these posts! The only thing pointed out to me is maybe a hint of colours that we could used without giving away clues? Also I love seeing the various shuttles used but this year not the variety of other years. Whomever BC3 is, please please dream up another TIAS for next year!