Sunday 7 February 2021

Another day is added

 Here is the link for day 13.


First in my inbox this morning is Wendy with her day 12. She says
"Hello Jane, I have caught up. I had trouble finding beads that were the right size, then couldn’t get the hook through so had to start again.!
I think it’s an alligator.
Wendy"


Next to arrive is Stephanie who says

"Hi Jane!
Got so busy trying to figure out what this guy IS that I almost forget to send him to you.
First we (DH and I) were thinking the head is too big to be a fox, after all. THEN we both reconsidered. I thought it looked like a bead (brown bear, maybe?) but the body is not nearly big enough and the tail – whichever end IS the tail, that is – would be too long (and maybe too fluffy). DH thinks it still COULD be a squirrel, but he’s leaning more towards ‘fox’ now. ….although he said the nose was so pointy it COULD be a ‘possum (that’s probably ‘opossum’ to anyone not from the American South). So MY guess is that it is a rare, almost nonexistent ‘endangered’ species of possum – the almost never-seen FLUFFY-Tailed Opossum. They are never seen as ‘road kill’ because – unlike their cousins, the ones who DO play dead (play ‘possum’) when they think they are being threatened, the fluffy-tailed possums move very quickly – often too fast for the eye to see – when they feel threatened, instead of playing dead. 
Do you have possums on your side of the pond, or are they North American creatures like Mr. Skunk?
Well….he’s either a fox or a fluffy-tailed possum, and I’m sticking to my story.
Have a terrific week! Great fun, this TIAS!
Big hug!
Stephanie"

No, no possums, Stephanie but we do have lots of other problems like foxes!!!



The next person in the inbox with day 11 is Claire who has this to say

"Hello Jane, 
Please find attached my picture for Day 11 of your TIAS 2021. 
I don't have any guess at the moment. I must say that I am a bit frustrated... you are so sneaky. 
Cheers, 
---
Claire (BC, Canada)


Thank you for your wonderful compliment, Claire.  I LOVE being sneaky!!!!




Bev is next with her day 12 and she says


"I always seem to be playing catch up.

I agree with Erzsebet from Hungary. I think it is very foxy bookmark. I’ve just noticed that I have to tuck his nose bead back over into the ring.
Bev"

Me too, Bev. I just empty my inbox and it fills up again!!  Great fun, though.



Jill is next to pop into my inbox with her comment and picture.  She says

"Greetings Jane,
Here is my day 12.  Don’t think my beads show up very well, they are brass, but they are there.  I’m ready to attach this head to the rodent.  Still thinking I should have gone with black and white. 
JillMcTats
NC, USA
Home of TAT Days 2021"


Finally the last of my overnighters is Carol who has sent in her day 12.  

"Dear Jane:
Please say it is NOT an eel .... I won't tell the others ....
Always, Carol
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life

I refuse to say, Carol!!!!  It's a good idea, though!!!!




First in with day 13 is NOT Jenni this time but Maureen!!!  She says


 A hunting we will go......? Henry V111 at the ready. But, then again, maybe not.”


Love your picture, Maureen.  



The first in in this batch of uploads is Jolimama and she’s sent in her day 13 too.  She says


Kedves Jane! Ebben ködös, szürke időbe örömet hozott a 13. nap mintája. Még mindig arra gondolok, hogy ez egy krokodil fej.

Remélem, hogy jól csináltam.
Szeretettel: Jolimama Magyarországról
Dear Jane! In this, the pattern of the 13th day brought joy to the misty, gray weather. I still think it’s a crocodile head. I hope I did well. With love: Jolimama from Hungary“


You have done a BRILLIANT job, Jolimama

Ragyogó munkát végzett, Jolimama.




Jenni is next with her day 13 and I was wondering where she’d got to.  Now we all know what happens as she says


Hi Jane.

Sent this but it has sat in my outbox for over an hour!!
A fox it is....not changing my mind.....perhaps.....no. A FOX
Hugs
Jenni”

Well you do sound sure but is ‘your fox’ trying to tell you something by hiding in your outbox, do you think?!?!?



I couldn’t wait to translate Valerie’s comment when I saw the Grrrrr at the beginning!!!  Here’s what she says


Grrrr c est parti trop vite, pardon.

Je disais donc voici mon 13e jour.  C'est toujours un plaisir à réaliser.  Merci pour le plaisir.  Bonne fin de journée 
Valerie de France 

Grrrr c's gone too quickly, sorry. So I was saying this is my 13th day. It's always a pleasure to do. Thanks for the fun.Good evening Valerie from France”



Next to arrive is my other Valerie who says


 Bonjour Jane, bonjour à tous,

je pense que nous en train de donner naissance à une jolie petite... bête 😄 
bon dimanche à tous, bises.
Hello Jane, hello everyone, I think we are giving birth to a cute little ... beast 😄 good Sunday everyone, kisses.



Dorota has just joined us and she’s from Poland.  This is what she has to say


Dołączam teraz 👌 jestem z Polski Dorota 

I join now 👌 I'm from Poland, Dorota.”




Agi is back with her day 13 and she says


 The second part is complete. :) 

Ági”


Now this comment gave me a giggle!!!  I’m not sure, Brenda but I’m up for a drink!!  After all it is Sunday!!!  Just hope a mink doesn’t turn up to join me!!!


Sue is next into my inbox and she lives ‘up north’ in England and is having even worse weather than me.  I live in the middle!!  She says

Barmy has just looked out and said he doesn't need to turn white yet...  The snow isn't laying yet!!”

Let’s hope it doesn’t settle Sue.  My sympathies to Barmy!!!



Ildiko has now arrived with her day 13 and she has this to say

 jó estét Jane, kicsit késve, de elkészült a 13. nap feladata
üdvözlettel
ildikó
good evening Jane, a little late but the task of the 13th day was done best regards ildikó

No, Ildiko - you’re not late.  Late would be next year or the year after!!!!


Judy is next with a new idea and one which I’d not thought of.  OR had I?!?!?

 Jane,
It is a Dachshund!

Hmmmm, have you caught me out, Judy?!?!?



Next in is Erzsebet who says

 Hello Jane 13.nap elkészült Magyarországról küldöm Erzsébet! 
Hello Jane I'm done on the 13th, I'm sending Erzsébet from Hungary!

Looking GREAT, Erzsebet.

Bernice has just arrived in my inbox and she has this to say

 Hi Jane,

Its COLD here, and I must say having to quarantine at -28 C is a lot easier than at +28 C. Fortunately I have my tatting to keep me busy and a cupboard full of thread calling me.  What color should I use next; the Tutti Fruitti or White? Cheers Bernice”


It’s cold here too, Bernice but thankfully not that cold.  



Stephanie is next to arrive and this is what she has to say

 Wow!  I remembered to scan this and send it to you on the same day I tatted it!  That’s twice in one day you got a look at my ‘critter.’ 

Whatever these things are, they’re looking at each other.   

Stephanie”



I just LOVE this idea that Claire has just sent.  Wonder if she’s right, though?


Hello Jane, 

I had an idea that came to me last night, after tatting Day 12 of your TIAS, and found a funny picture this morning to illustrate it. I think this flattened skunk will make a wonderful bookmark. ;) Don't you? 
Have a nice Sunday. 
---
Claire 

I’m not saying a thing, Claire!!!!  Not a thing!!!




Celine is now thinking fox but I’m not sure she’s right.  She says

 Good night Jane.
I am up to date now ready for day 14
I guess we will join the head of the animal. Maybe it is a fox.
I have seen one in the field behind our house two weeks ago when it was snowing.
Greetings from Normandy
Celine 🐮”


Maren is next to join us this evening.  She says

 Hi Jane,
Now I'm thinking it will be some sort of dragon or lizzard 🤔
Best,
Maren”

Those are good idea, Maren.  










No comments: