Monday 8 February 2021

Monday morning

Tomorrow will be day 14


The first person in today is Cheryl who has picked up another little hiccup on the pattern but as many have already done properly it I don't think it'll be a big problem. I'll let her explain.
"I just finished my day 13. Did anyone else mention that there's a small error? On SR 19 it says + (Ch between R8 & SR9). I think it should say R11 & SR10. I know pickey pickey. I think it looks like a rare green and blue skunk pelt. "
Thanks, Cheryl. I've sorted it now!!


Next in is Kay Lynn who says

"Dear Jane,
No new guesses today, but we are very anxious to see what Day #14 will bring.  We don't think that the head is totally finished yet....but who knows????   You've outdone yourself with this tricky TIAS.
Kay Lynn & her helper, Aonghas
"

Melinda is next and her guess is

"A ferret - I think it is a ferret with beady"

Eyes?  Melinda?


Melanie is the next in the queue to get into the TIAS blog!!!  She says

"Hi Jane-
I'm late today as I worked on the bench this morning. I used English dance music. It was fun!
Attached is my version of Day 13. I can't see any difference, but I didn't switch shuttles and did all the split rings from the front side with the other shuttle. Does it look good?
Also attached is a ceramic version of an Axolotl that lives with us. We just may be tatting one....
Melanie"

Looks fine to me, Melanie.  Now I know what an Axoliti looks like!!!!




Julie is still thinking 'skunk' and so she says

"Well I finished the head, now waiting to see how you tie it all together. I still think it will be a skunk. Julie"



Now Hallie is being REALLY imaginative with her day 13 and this is her drawing which I think is a GREAT idea!!!

"Hi, Jane,
OK, so it's not a face/head at all. It's the base of a see-saw (teeter-totter), and the beads are rivets/bolts in its base!
Best wishes,
Hallie in Wisconsin, USA (currently -6°F, -21°C)"

LOVE it, Hallie


Heidi is next in my inbox and she's sent her usual little rhyme.  

"In this pretty piece of lace,
is this a cute foxy face?
Heidi"


Rose Anne is next with her day 13 and the following

"Okay Day 13 and I'm losing my enthusiasm to guess what this will be, maybe it's the stressful hour trying to get my TV working again!  The head sure looks like it has a broad forehead.  I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 

Hope you got your TV working again!!!



Next in is Celine with her day 13 and she's well prepared for tomorrow!!!

"Hi Jane, 
Ready for Day 14, all threads cut and tied!"



Finally in my inbox this morning is Christine who has this to say

"Hello Jane
Here is my effort at Day 13.  I had not tatted split rings from the wrong side before, so that was an interesting challenge.
I think there may be a typo on the pattern.  SR19 joins to the chain between Rings 10 & 11, not 8 & 9.  
Thanks for putting diagrams with your patterns. They help a lot!
-Christine in Alabama"

From the wrong side, Christine?  I don't think  you needed to do that but your work looks PERFECT.  Thanks for pointing out the little glitch.  Somebody else told me earlier and I've fixed it now.  I appreciate any input like that.



Jane has just popped in with her day 13 and says

 Hi Jane, well, it looks a bit like an ice cream cone, apart from those beady eyes.”

Now that’s a good idea, Jane.  Too cold for ice cream here at the moment!!


Helene seems sure that the TIAS is going to be a crocodile!!!!  I can see why you think that, Helene

 Je pense ŕ un crocodile.”


The next TIAS is from Josiane who says

“Bonjour, 
C'est très distrayant. 
Actualité oblige, je pense à un pangolin. 
Meilleurs messages 
Hello, It is very entertaining.
News requires, I think of a pangolin. Best posts

Josiane also told me she is from Switzerland.  Welcome, Josiane



I love seeing the pictures you all send, some which are so simple in their execution but are the most meaningful like this drawing from Marie-Claude.

 Hello Jane,
Ouch ... I used the wrong color (the dark one) for the head !!! So I started again with the light color... but I made a mistake by measuring the length of the thread : too short when arriving at 3/4, arghhhh !!! I didn't want to add more thread, so ... I went to take a nap !! It was a good solution, I then started over again without error.  It could be now an aquatic beast - the blue of its new eyes is that of the sea - which dive to play with its fish friends ...
Marie-Claude”


Jill is next to arrive in my inbox and she says

 Greetings Jane,
Finally figured out how to join on the split ring side without locking it down.  This could be the head of an armadillo, but of course the body is something else.  The head is quite large for the body..  Could be Cupid’s arrow.
JillMcTats 
NC, USA”

Wendy has now arrived with her crocodile.  Well that’s what she says it is!!  I wonder!!

 Hello Jane,
Here is Day 13. Definitely a crocodile.  It needs some legs now
Wendy x”


The final person in today is Mary who has just caught me before I head for bed.  She says

 Jane,
Here’s my Day 13. I though I was all caught up and was looking at the blog to see others work and noticed I wasn’t all caught up. But now I am. Looking forward to tomorrow’s Day 14.
I still think it’s an alligator. I can see it so plainly, until you tell me it’s something else and then I'll wonder how could’ve ever thought it was an alligator!
Mary”

Day 14 tomorrow - don’t forget to come and check!!!

No comments: