Tuesday 9 February 2021

Day 14

Good morning. Here is the link to Day 14 of this year’s TIAS.


First in today is a puzzled Bev.  She's thinking all sorts of things!!!  

"After Day 12 I was sure it was a foxy bookmark. Now it’s a foxy mystery again! All those joining picots on the head and only 2 on the body!?!? Something 3D is a possibility. Bring on Day 14.
Bev"


KatieV is next to arrive with her menagerie of TIAS 2021!!  She has this to say

"Hi, Jane, 
Here's my little menagerie basking in the sunlight!
Hmmmm?   Will Day 14 be the big reveal?! 
He he, what makes me doubt that it will?!  ;)
But I don't care because we're still having fun!
Kudos for posting the technique for hiding a thread end!  Did you hear me?  I thanked you every time I used it!
tatty hugs,
Katie"

Not my idea originally, KatieV but somebody showed it to me and I thought it was worth putting on my site.


Martha is next in my inbox and this is what she says

"Well, it's Monday, so it must be time to take my tatting from under the scanner and work some more.  Well, I hope it isn't going to be a planaria worm. (picture a) Maybe if I turn the head around it still has a better chance to be a fox or wolf. (picture b)"


Carol has arrived with her day 13 and she says

"Hello Jane:
Looks like we have finished another piece of our project.   And tomorrow, we use the darker fiber to ..... tat around the triangle-ish piece?   Attach to one end of the long-ish piece?   Will the dark thread be ears?    hmmm.   Day 14 should be interesting!    
Always, Carol
tatting as Lelia at Stitches of Life

I hope so, Carol!!!


Well she's done it AGAIN!!  Jenni is first in with her day 14 BUT hot on her tail is Maureen who I will add next.  This is becoming an Australian race!!!

"Hi Jane.
Still a fox to me.
Have had such good fun.
Hugs
Jenni"



Here she is - Maureen!!!  Just but only just beaten by Jenni!!!

"Square stomach for the goat, the cheeks define this fox!! Here is his head, resting mournfully on the stirrup cup, hoping that Day 15 May unite him  with his body.
I think this is very possibly the longest time you have kept us guessing!"

Maybe, Maureen, maybe he'll be reunited but is it a fox?!?!



Sue has just sent in her day 14 with this comment.

Autumn fur!! Now to get a winter one to the same stage!!”



Jane has followed Sue shortly after to say this

 Hi Jane, well, presumably we're soon going to join this bit to the first part. I'm thinking one of those 'roadkill' bookmarks. Or is that worse than mentioning ice cream?”

I’ve never heard of a roadkill bookmark but I suppose it does look like roadkill, Jane!!!!



Kathryn is next to drop in and she says

“ Dear Jane,
Here is day 14 maybe it’s a beaver.
Kathryn”


Jolimama is next to arrive and she says

Megérkeztem a 14. nap képével 😉 Az igazság hamarosan kiderül.
Jolimama Magyarországról
I arrived with the picture of day 14 😉 The truth will be revealed soon. Jolimama from Hungary“

That’s true Jolimama.



A new arrival now.  Sonja has now had time to join us.  Welcome, Sonja.  

 Hello Jane,
I am back. Stlil busy with the Lagniappe from Mike Lyon. But the end is coming. Row 19 is 3/4 and row 20 is the last. Corona helped  to finish it before I thought.
So a littte time to make the tias. 
Greetings from a very cold Holland
Sonja Labordus”

Well, Sonja we’ve been hearing about your weather on our news.  Ours isn’t much better, I promise.  Lovely to have you back in my inbox. 



Next in the inbox is Barbara from Poland and she says

 Hello Jane <3
I've been working a bit and it's been a few days but I'm already catching up.
  I think it will be a 3D animal, a little fox suits me best. I wind the thread for the next part of the work.
Greetings from Poland! Barbara
Witaj Jane <3
Troszkę pracowałam i uciekło mi kilka dni, ale już nadganiam.
Myślę, że będzie to zwiarzątko 3D, najbardziej pasuje mi mały lisek. Nawijam nitkę na kolejną część pracy.
Pozdrawiam z Polski!  Barbara”





Next to arrive is Marie-Claude who has drawn some ......  Well let me show you

“Hello Jane,
On this day 14, the little aquatic beast wisely awaits the turn of its head . Maybe it will have mustaches ??...
Marie-Claude”


Now I have Sylvie with a question too

“Hi Jane, here is day 14.
No more idee about this animal to day.Good afternoon, and see you next day
Sylvie
PS ..Is it the good position for begining day 15? Thanks”

Looks just right to me, Sylvie.



Hallie is next in my inbox and she says

 Good morning, Jane,
Day 14 started with me losing my head. I couldn't find the piece with the beads!! After falsely accusing our Schipperke puppy of making off with it, I found it with some other pieces I was going to block. Whew!
Then, I get started and, what on earth? Shoe lace trick and reverse work...where are we going next? No guesses today. I do like the suggestion of a Planarian worm.
Best wishes,
Hallie in still-cold Wisconsin, USA“

I do like to keep you all guessing as long as possible Hallie!!!!!  Love your question marks on your drawing!!!!



KatieV is back now with all her day 14’s finished and ready for the next part!!!  She says

Hi, Jane, the little buggers are poised and ready for the next maneuver!
Thank you for the fun!
tatty hugs, 
Katie V in NC USA”


Pascale also arrives with a question and the answer is ‘yes’.  She says

Bonjour Jane, j'ai fait le jour 13. Avant fin du R20 que signifie T&C ?  Couper les fils et les rentrer ?
Merci de votre aide. Pascale”



Now I have Ildiko’s day 14 with this comment

Hello Jane, 14. nap feladatát megcsináltam, szép estét!
Hello Jane, I did my 14th day job, nice evening!



Jill is next to arrive and she says

Greetings Jane,
Is it snowy there?  Here’s my day 14 for this big headed monster.  Sticking with Cupid’s arrow.
Many Thanx,
JillMcTats”

No snow in my part of the country, Jill but it’s VERY cold!!!



Next to arrive is Janet who has this to say

“Dear Jane, 
My mine boggles, roll on the days. Today I’m glad I am not allowed out, and continue my Tatting. Take care, stay safe, Janet”



Erzsebet is the next to arrive in my inbox and she says

“Hello Jane 14.nap elkészült még mindig nem tudom hogy mi lesz! Magyarországról küldöm Erzsébet. 
Hello Jane 14th day finished I still do not know what will happen! I am sending Erzsébet from Hungary.“



Ha, ha, Bernice.  I don’t really need snow!!  Bernice is trying to send me snow but I would rather have her TIAS!!!!

Good Morning Jane. I sent you a little snow.   

Cheers,

Bernice”


Good Morning Jane. I sent you a little snow.   

Cheers, Bernice 



Celine is next to arrive and she says

Hi Jane 
Here is the day 14, done during lunch break!
No guess today, let see next day”

I hope you didn’t eat your tatting instead of your lunch, Celine!!!


Valerie is next to arrive in my inbox and she says

Bonjour Jane,
Je vous envoi mon 14e jour. J ai eu un peu de mal a commencé.  Comme j ai utilisé la couleur foncé en 1er, je fais le tour en clair. Je recommencerai quand tout sera fini pour mieux assortir les couleurs.  J'aime toujours mon idée de crocodile.
Bonne fin de journée. 
Valerie de France 

Hello Jane, I send you my 14th day. I had a little trouble getting started. As I used the dark color first, I go around in light.I'll do it again when it's all over to better match the colors. I still love my crocodile idea. Good evening. Valerie from France



Julie has just sent in her day 14 and says

The skunk is getting outlined. That's if it's a skunk. Julie”


Rose Anne is next and she has this to say

Well Day 14 I'm thinking whatever this is reminds me of a creature with a big head, maybe even horns?  Maybe because of the offwhite colour it reminds me of a skull!  I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 

So it’s growing horns?  Hmmmmmmm


Just arrived in my inbox is Valerie who says
“ Bonsoir Jane, bonsoir à tous, c'est toujours un plaisir de rentrer du travail et trouver notre T.I.A.S pour se vider la tête... Bonne soirée à tous, bises.
Good evening Jane, good evening everyone, it's always a pleasure to come home from work and find our T.I.A.S to clear your head ... Good evening everyone, kisses.”


Wendy is the next arrival and she says

“ Hello Jane, 
Here’s 14, still think it’s a crocodile or alligator. Either will do.
Wendy x”


The final person to arrive in my inbox today is Kay Lynn and helper!!!  She says

 Dear Jane,
We are suffering from FBS (Frozen Brain Syndrome) again.....it was 48 below zero F. this a.m., so no romps in the corral for Aonghas.  He was very efficient in "taking care of business" in the ice fog this a.m.  He's 9 months old today, so we did some inside games.  He has one where he has to think about an interactive board in order to uncover treats.  Today's treats were healthy salmon (canned by a friend), and he couldn't wait to get them.
We are sticking with our guess since nothing else is coming to mind.  We've both decided that you are VERY sly with this TIAS.  Nevertheless, we're having fun and we appreciate all your labors for the group.  It's great fun to read the other participants' entries.
Kay Lynn & Aonghas”

I’m off to bed now but will be back in the morning.  Goodnight world.

No comments: