Thursday 4 February 2021

Continuing from yesterday

I thought I'd better start this post off now in case anybody thought I'd left home. The reason I'm going to do this is because I have a 'click and collect' grocery order to get shortly. As soon as I'm back I'll deal with all you guys waiting in my inbox. I have dealt with those who are 'stuck' with the bead joining rings 7 to 8 and will put an explanation on here for now.

To add the bead to ring 7 while joining to ring 8 then there are two ways. 

First you can use a fine crochet hook (one small enough for the bead to sit on) or a sewing needle. 
For the hook place your bead on the hook then catch the picot you want to join to and slide the bead onto that. Then just do a normal join to ring 8. 
If you use a fine sewing needle (again one that will go through your bead) you can put the bead onto the needle and down to the thread. Take the needle through the picot on ring 7 then back through the bead. Slide the bead onto the picot and join as usual. I hope that helps.

All groceries home and put away so let’s get down to business - tatting business.

First in this morning is Kay Lynn who says

 Dear Tricky Jane,
Well, we still aren't sure what is going on with this tricky TIAS!  You've "outdone" yourself for 2021.  The tail still reminds us of a fox.....and Aonghas and I are often watched by a red fox in the early mornings.  This red fox often lays on the snow on top of some brush and watches as we begin our morning outing. We've included it in our picture for the day - far left.  Since they're sly like you, we'll guess a foxy today (even though that extra bit almost looks a bit like a reptile with today's addition).
Paw slaps and tail wags from Aonghas and his momma, Kay Lynn”


Next in is Mary who sends in her day 11 with this comment

 Jane,
Here’s my Day 11 - and I have  no idea what this is. I’m sure you're enjoying all of us tatters being completely flummoxed!”

Oh, that’s good news - I like ‘flummoxed’!!!!



Julie is next in the inbox and this is what she has to say

Tricky join but successful. I am going to continue to guess it will probably be a skunk can hardly wait to see what it will become. Julie”



Carol is back now with her day 11 and she says

 Hello Jane:
Ear?  Eye?   and, where does this attach to the first piece?   
Looking forward to Day 12.
Always, Carol
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life

I’m afraid you’ve got a while to find that out, Carol!!!  Wait and see!!!!



A story of the missing tatting coming up from Judy who says

 Jane, 
What a day! Lost my shuttles, long dr appt, and things to do. I sat down and shaking my head saw out of the corner of my eye a hanging shuttle! It had fallen off the side table and was caught on a knob. 
I still have a little crazy.. couldn't find a green bead that would work.. my guess would have been  a brachiosourus now it reminds me of the guy on Ice Age..”

Well I’m so pleased the tatting turned up in the end, Judy.



Pam is next with this question too.  This is what she says

Here is Day 11.  Your diagram saved me or I would have gone out into left field.  Do folks know about your adding a bead with the coiless safety pin? It works so well.”

The answer is probably not!  As it’s a relatively recent idea I thought that most people would be used to using the original way by adding with a hook or a sewing thread.  This is the link if anybody wants it, though.


Next is Rita who has done a PERFECT day 11.  She says

I found a video for the joining. Made sense when I saw it.
I am thinking it's going to be some type of rodent

Rita”

Another skill you’ve acquired, Rita.




Julibeth is back now with her day 11 and she’s got her helper back!!  She says

Velvet decided to take a more active role in the photo shoot for progress through Day 10. She says, “Here Mama, I’ll hold dis part for you.” She did not, however, help me with any new guesses.
Julibeth ”

Well done, Velvet - we’ll make you into a tatter yet!!!



Agi is next but she doesn’t have a lot to say.  But it comes with a smile.

 The next part. :) 
Ági”


Heidi is now thinking that Jenni is right - but are they?  I’m not sure yet!!!

“ Hi Jane,
Our local fox made a rare appearance on our backyard camera last night,
Could this be a sign that Jenni might be right!
Heidi”

Great picture of the fox, Heidi.



Coretta has arrived with her day 9 and she says


"After day 9 I’m feeling very good about squirrels. 
Moving on to days 10. Certainly, I am over thinking it. But on day 10 is that 9 half hitches Bead 9 half hitches or just 3 halves on each side of the bead? 
I am not having enough thread to close around the bead with 3 halves on each side (before picot and 2ds on each side). 
Checking my bead size and stitches again. 
~thanks, 
Coretta"

I think you'll find the bead is a little too big, Coretta.  It's 3 half stitches (first half before the bead) and 3 again (second half) after the bead.  You'll manage it, I'm SURE.


I have to be very methodical with doing a TIAS.  Each message is dealt with in order and the replies to the tatter are done straight after each upload in another browser.  So I'd just replied to Coretta and gone to see who was next only to find it was Coretta who'd answered her own question and had done a perfect day 10!!!  She said

"Very satisfied with day 10 now that I actually read the instructions right. :) 
Maybe a chipmunk."

Hmmmm, nobody's thought of a chipmunk before.  It could easily be!!!


Then I found day 11 in my inbox!!!  Coretta's gone from her compuiter now to bake a cake.  You could send me a slice, Coretta!!!!



Corinne has now arrived with her day 11.  She says

 Hi Jane,
The mystery deepens ! Perhaps a squirrel ?”

Well a squirrel is a possibility, Corinne!!!!



Time for bed, folks.  Day 12 will be available tomorrow.  Goodnight.


No comments: