Friday 29 January 2021

TIAS continues with more of everything!

Tomorrow will be day 9 which takes us just past the halfway mark!!!

First in today is Stephanie who says

"Hard to believe we’re already about halfway finished with this whatsis. I’m thinking ‘wings’ of some sort, or maybe an enraged cat (tail and one leg so far?), sea turtle guess has completely fizzled out….
My husband thinks it’s either a squirrel – looking at it from a ‘top down’ angle OR road kill (again, a squirrel, but flattened on the highway).
I suspect it’s going to end up being something that never even entered into my wildest ‘imaginings.’ Those 3 beads sort of have me puzzled….something with one eye and 2 earrings? Or 2 eyes and 1 earring? Or something with 2 eyes and a ‘gold’ tooth? Oh yeah, a pirate with an eye patch (1 eye) and earrings (2 of them).
Great fun, Jane. SO glad you decided to do this again this year.
Big hug!
Stephanie"


I think Judy  will need another day to recover from the shock of day 8!!!  This is what she says


"Jane, 

 FOUR split rings? Are you giving us the weekend to recover? 
I may go back to my walrus guess..or stick with a scorpion. 
Judy "

Sorry, no, Judy!!!  Tomorrow is day 9!!!  I'm SO cruel!!!



Julie is next and this is what she says

"Mine all want to curve unlike the diagram. I think it's going to be a beaver or a squirrel. Julie"

Don't worry, Julie - it'll sort itself out!!!



Bev has arrived next in my inbox  and she thinks she's got it worked out!!!

"Hi Jane
Here’s my offering. Hmmmmmm! It’s very long, and there are two joining picots at one end. It actually looks like a knife with a handle and smooth blade but I’m sure it’s not a knife. So I still have no clue what it will be! "

Hmmmmmmm.


Christine has noticed the url on day 8 and she's right.  Day 8 is the halfway point - things will get more exciting after day 9!!!!  Here's what she says

"Hello Jane,
Good morning! I see that the file name for Day 8 includes the words "over halfway".... I wonder if we are really that far along!  I still have no idea what we are making.
Thanks for the puzzle. :)
-Christine in Alabama"




Claire is next with her day 6 and she says

"Hello Jane, 
Please find attached the picture of my day 6. 
I take back my guess about the mule / donkey. It will be way too big I think. 
No more idea for the moment I am afraid. 




Carol is next in with her day 8 and she says

"Dear Jane:
Your pattern did not go in the direction I thought it would be.   The pattern on paper looks like wings.   Once moved around, could be a heart.
Once again, looking forward to the next part ; )
Always, Carol NWIndiana
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life

I like to keep you all on your toes, Carol!!!!




Finally before I wander off for breakfast I have Maren who says

"OK, good stuff! I have full confidence!
Here's my day 8. Hmm starting to doubt my alpaca guess ;p
Best,
Maren"


Maureen has arrived with her day 8.  I wondered where you’d got to, Maureen!!!  She says

 I missed Day 8! Don’t know what happened to cause that, but I have now caught up, ready for Day 9.
I think it is assuming very lizard- like qualities, especially with that stumpy tail.
Maybe we’ll soon find ourselves tatting four little legs onto all the fluffy bits.”



Marie-Claude has popped in again and has brought her giraffe too!!  She says

 Hello Jane,
No need to lengthen again my giraffe's neck, it's just the right size! I think something will be attached on the top because of the 2 picots, and the 3 beads would be for the eye and the 2 horns...
This TIAS is a pleasure for me!! But we are already halfway??? I wish it would last longer....
Marie-Claude”

I’m glad you’re enjoying it, Marie-Claude.  So am I.


Dani has just arrived with her day 8 (and 7!).  She says

 hi Jane! 

i missed taking a shot of day 7, but here is day 8. if it kept on straight, i was ready to call it a cattail, but then it turned back on itself… maybe an ear of corn? or a wacky orchid? {shrug}

dani, the geek”



Well, well, well, Tatania.  I now see why you think it’s a snail.  Great drawing.  Here’s what Tatania says

 Bonjour Jane ,
Cela est un escargot
Amitie
Tatiana de France
Hello Jane, This is a snail Friendship 
Tatiana from France

BRILLIANT drawing, Tatania



Next in my inbox is Pam who has this to say

 Here is day 8.  It looks like a beaver tail but then that would be all so since you are so devious, I think there is more to come and I am clueless, so will just have to keep playing. I have been guessing before I look at the posts and have been enjoying the different comments.  Thanks again Jane for doing this.
-- 
Pam Freck”

Pleased you’re still clueless, Pam!!!!



Heidi is next with a wee little rhyme.  She says

 Teasing our brain,
Is Jane's domain.
Heidi”

But it’s really OBVIOUS what it is, Heidi.  Well, I think so!!!



Next to arrive is Jill.  This is her comment and picture

 I’ve decided it’s the letter J for Jane.
JillMcTats 
NC, USA ”

Now THAT’S a good idea, Jill!!!!  It could also be J for Jill so we both win!!!



Andrea has just dropped in too.  This is what she has to say

 Hi Jane, 
Couldn't seem to draw a rabbit today, but eventually managed a slightly demented version 🤣🤣
Really no idea at this stage but really enjoying the fun!
Andrea”

That is a FABULOUS rabbit, Andrea.  He’s got a slightly puzzled look on his face as he appears to be looking upwards at his new ears!!  Thank you.



Edit has just arrived all the way from Hungary.  She says

 Kedves Jane!
Végre elkészültem én is az eddig megosztott mintával,s utolertem a szorgalmas csapatot.
Tudom sokan tippeltek már,most nekem is eszembe jutott valami.
Talán pillangó lesz.
Nagyon örülök a játéknak,köszönöm szépen,s kíváncsian várom a folytatást.
Jó egészséget kívánok szeretettel:
Edit Magyarországról.

Dear Jane! I was finally done with the pattern I had shared so far, and I caught up with the hard-working team. I know a lot of people have guessed already, now I remembered something too. Maybe it will be a butterfly. I am very happy with the game, thank you very much and look forward to continuing. I wish you good health: Edit about Hungary.

I’m glad you’re enjoying making your butterfly although others think it may be other things!!!


Anne-Marie is the next to arrive in my inbox.  She says

Good evening
Jane,time passes quickly despite all the free time that leave us curfews, containment,etc...And at the moment  it's knitting  that keeps me busy!
This TIAS puzzles me???? I had to take it back  from the beginning because of an incident (I wanted to hide with glue a picot made too much and I sabotaged my work !!!!) but it's still very simple....for now....
If I was able to go into your (3)brain's cells😀😀😀 I'ld have perhaps an idea for " what is it ???"

Oh dear.  Sorry to hear about your accident with the picot.  


Welcome now to Hallie who has just caught up with us starting from the first day and carrying on.  She says

 I came upon your TIAS blog and it looked like so much fun, I'd like to join in! I've caught up through day 8. At Day 7, I thought it was a bacterium with a flagellum (yes, I taught physiology and microbiology to nurses for many years!) but now that the pattern has curved back, I don't know! Maybe a very strange toothbrush, with a fuzzy end and a smooth handle...
Best wishes,
Hallie Ray, Wisconsin, USA”



Time for sleep so I'll be back in the morning with day 9 as well.  Goodnight all.

No comments: