Tuesday 26 January 2021

Day 7 and more

 Here’s the link for day 7.  

Have fun and I look forward to your guesses!!!

The first person in today is Carol who has sent in her day 6. She's sent in two pictures too. Here's what she says

"Good Evening Jane: 
Looking forward to Day 7.
I continue to think it is a wing to a bee, or wing to ?
Perhaps it is a fluffy tail or a fluffy ear!
Will continue to tat and see what our outcome will be.
Always, Carol Lee Parry
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life blog




Next in today is Martha who is also thinking 'beaver' too.  Maybe it will be a beaver?!?!

"Dear Jane,
Here I am late again with the TIAS and my new guess. After making the picture, I popped over to the blog and see there are quite a few on Team Beaver.  I'm sure I'm wrong since we are never able to guess correctly this early on."

Yes, Martha the tail does fit well.  Love  your beaver picture.



Claire is next with her day 3 and this is what she has to say

"Hello Jane, 
Here is a picture of my day 3. I would love it to become a squirrel, as suggested by others. Well, I suppose you won't tell yet, so we'll just have to wait... 
---
Claire 

No, Claire, I'm not telling yet!!  Far too early!!!



Next one in is from Sandra Figg.  I should know the 'real' name for this person but BC3 has let me down!!!  Here's what she says

"Well, this first pic shows my project thru day 5,  where I was sure that I was still correct about the man eating plant from Little Shop of Horrors movie.  As you can see, it worked out perfectly thru day 5.   I admit that the dog makes good sense and caused me to doubt myself with it’s observations and logical guesses.   With day 6, I had to scrap my first guess and luckily, it came to me right away what or WHO it really was…."

Welcome to the TIAS.  LOVE your pictures.




Well, she's done it AGAIN!!!  Jenni is first in with her day 7!!!  Congratulations, Jenni!!  This is her picture and comment.

"Good morning Jane.
I will stick with my guess that it won't be what I expect....
Australia Day public holiday today so good day to catch up on tatting !
Hugs"


Second in with her day 7 is Jane who has this to say

Sword fish I was thinking from the diagram, but since my tatting now curves, it looks more like an amoeba.”

Well it could be either, Jane!!!!




My apologies to anybody who saw the day 7 before I corrected the diagram.  You wouldn't believe how many times I counted those wretched rings and chains and the piece was also test tatted but between us (and BC3) we still got it slightly wrong!!!  All corrected now thanks to Jolimamma pointing it out to me.  

On now to Maureen who says

"Australia Day, and a family barbecue; came home and remembered Day 7. It occurred to me, as I was tatting, that I have done every TIAS apart from the first one, and in those early few years Ben, my oldest grandson, would get so excited if he was here at the time, waiting for the next part to come.
He’s now 17, towers over me at six feet and four inches, and has just started Grade 12.

As to what it is.... well it’s getting very long! Maybe it’s a Hurdy Gurdy Gondalope, a character from my own children’s books. There’s No Such Thing."



Thanks too to Ildiko who has sent in her day 7. She spotted the mistake in today's drawing too.  Thanks to those who pointed it out to me.  All fixed now.

"szép napot, küldöm a 7. napot
üdvözlettel ildikó
nice day, i will send the 7th day greetings ildik"



Next to pop in is Kathryn who says

 Dear Jane,

I think we are making a bever, like in the lion the witch and the wardrobe. 

Kathryn”



Sue is next but without a long story or a cat on her lap this time.  She simply says


 And the latest in the evolving barmy bonkers!”




Pascale has now dropped in with her day 7 and this is what she says


“ Bonjour Jane, j'ai terminé le jour 7. Cela ressemble à une coiffure....

Bonne journée.  Pascale
Hello Jane, I finished on day 7. It looks like a hairstyle .... Have a good day. Pascale

I LOVE your picture, Pascale.



Erzsebet is next to pop into my inbox and she says

 Hello Jane! Lehet hogy egy nyúl lesz! 
Magyarország. 
Hello Jane! Maybe it's a rabbit! Hungary“

Hmmmm, a rabbit?  We’ll see - maybe it is!!!




Cristina is next with her day 7 and she says


 Hello Jane

Here is my TIAS from the day 7
Still have no clue (?!?!)
Big hug”

I’m pleased you don’t know yet, Cristina!!!




Well, well, well. Two comments in one here!! Both KatieV and her husband are offering their opinions now!!! This is what they have to say but I will promise you that it isn’t his idea!!!!

“ Hi, Jane, 
When I saw our Day 7 today, I grinned! I know what we're tatting! Rings and chains with sprinkling of picots! That's it! I've got it!
Well, then hubby walks in and says it looks like a sperm! Hmmmmm . . . .
You're hoot and a half, Jane! 
Thank you so very much!!
Katie V in NC USA”

I think you and hubby are the hoots, Katie!!!



Awwwww, Sylvie has sent in a lovely picture with her guess.  I love that idea.  Here’s what she says and the picture too.

 Hi Jane, happy to write you today.
Is it à cocker?”



The next person to arrive is Tatiana with day 6 and who thinks it’s going to be a ..... Well, I’ll let her tell you

“ Hello Jane, 
Flowers perhaps
Nice day
Tatiana Lenia”

I like your drawing, Tatiana.




Valerie is next to arrive in my inbox.  Her comment is here

 Bonjour Jane, bonjour tout le monde, 
voici un joli petit têtard... Peut-être...
Bonne fin de journée, bises
Valérie.
Hello Jane, hello everyone, here is a nice little tadpole ... Maybe ... Good end of the day, kisses Valerie.“




You’re going to love this next drawing by Marie-Claude.  She also says

 Hello,
What a good idea you had, Jane, to extend my giraffe's neck with Day 7!! And if you want an even longer neck, it's OK...
Marie-Claude (France)”. 

You can have a longer neck if you like Marie-Claude.  I’ll give you a clue - it won’t make any difference if you want a longer neck.  It’ll be easier for your giraffe to reach the leaves at the top of the treee!!!!



Tatiana is back again with her day 7. She’s changed her mind now and she says

 Hello Jane,
Un castor peut être
Amitiés
Tatiana de France

Hello Jane, A beaver can be 
Friendships 
Tatiana from France“



Melanie is the next person to drop into my inbox.  Her comment and picture follow

 Hi Jane-
I think I guessed right! No, I can't guess what we're tatting. But, I think I guessed correctly how large to make all those picots in all those rings! Well, that's what I'm telling myself!!
Melanie”


Bernice has just arrived with her day 7 and she doesn’t know what it’s going to be either.  She says

 I showed Day 7 to my husband and asked him what he thought it was.  He said, you should know.  I told him I don’t know. He replied you must know, you are tatting it.  Then I had to explain to him about the TIAS.  Oh my he said it was a swan. So is it a swan?”

Do you think I’m going to answer that question, Bernice?  I’m guessing it was a rhetorical one.  I bet your poor husband wondered why you were tatting something you hadn’t a clue about!!!  That’s funny trying to explain it all to an ‘outsider’!!!



Hanneke is the next arrival in my inbox.  She says

“Hi Jane,
Jacob doesn’t have a clue. Neither do I
Met vriendelijke groet,
Hanneke”

Tell Jacob I don’t know either, Hanneke!!!!!  



Marla is back again with her day 7.  She says

Caught up AGAIN!  I’m beginning to think mine looks like a puppy with a big floppy ear! 😁 🐶 🐾
But I also know how tricky you can be.... 🤣
Marla”

Me?  Tricky?  Hmmmm, that’s the nicest thing anybody’s said to me all day!!!!  Thanks.


Valerie is next to arrive.  She says

“Bonsoir Jane,
Pour ce soir je verrais bien " a rabbit" mais mon hochet pour enfant n'est pas loin derrière dans ma liste d'idée 
Bonne soirée 
Good evening Jane, For this evening I would see "a rabbit" but my children's rattle is not far behind in my list of ideasGood night“

Thank you, Valerie - two good ideas!!!



Christine is next with her day 7 and this is what she says

 Hi Jane!
I have done the tatting for Day 7.  I think you are giving us very small clues so we stay in the dark!
Our whats-it has a nice tail or wing... I'm out of guesses for now.
Enjoyed reading today's comments on the blog, particularly the husband's guesses.  Very amusing! :)
-Christine in Alabama”

That was Katie’s husband.  I bet he’s fun to meet at a party!!!  A real joker!!!



Next to arrive is Stephanie and this is what she has to say

 ….and not a clue what this could be yet.  It *could* be a sea turtle, but the flipper is too fuzzy for a turtle.  It *could* be a lamb but the body (or whatever that straight-ish part will be) is NOT fuzzy enough.  It *could* be a long-eared dog (somebody’s cocker spaniel guess was perfect) but the straight-ish part is too big today to make a good head…. 

So I have no idea, none at all. 

Have a terrific week!

Big hug!

Stephanie”


Well that’s good news to me that you have no idea!!!!  




Maren is next and she’s done a fabulous drawing too.  I do hope you’re right, Maren.


 Hi Jane,

See, it definitely could be an alpaca! ;)”



Next to arrive is Wendy. This is what she has to say

“ Hello Jane,
Here’s day 7. I am beginning to doubt the whale, unless it has a spear in it’s side! Could be a phone box.
Dave thinks it the fickle finger of fate!!
Wendy x
PS I remembered the picture 😁”

I like Dave’s suggestion - the fickle finger of fate. 


Off to bed - see you tomorrow.

No comments: