Tuesday 12 January 2021

Day 1

Hello, WORLD!!!  Here it is the link to Day 1 of the Tat It And See.

I'll be adding links to all the days in the left side bar to make it easier for you to find your way around.  I'll be sitting here waiting for anything you'd like me to add to the blog in the way of progress.

Remember - this is meant to be fun so the sillier the comments and the funnier the pictures the better!!!

PLEASE don't encourage migration of the game onto Facebook or we'll miss more of the fun.  Just send anything (questions welcome too) to lovetotat@gmail.com.

Another of the past Tat It And See games produced this.



We’re off!!  First one into this year’s TIAS is Jane.  Lovely to see you back again, Jane.  Here’s her comment and her picture.
 Hi Jane, so glad we're off again! Here's my day 1. It's a fish. Definitely a fish.”



Next to arrive is Maureen.  Her comment is
 I can’t believe I almost forgot to look for Day 1! January is speeding by already.
I think it is going to be an animal, because  of the beads. A very fluffy animal because of all those picots on the chains. And one that is getting bigger and fatter the more we tat.

Have you changed your pattern- writing style Jane? I had to stop and count all those picots separated by one stitch!

On to Day 2.”
Have I changed my style?  Not sure, Maureen as I didn’t realise I’d got a style!!!!  I think I thought it would be easier than having people count all the - for picots to say how many you needed on each chain.  BC3 does try to think logically but often fails!!!



Next in is from Phyllis.  I LOVE your shuttle, Phyllis.  Here’s her comment.
 Olaf is doing his happy dance that TIAS is back!  Thanks Jane.  Looks like it is a tail of some sort.  Could it be something to whip 2021 into better shape than 2020?
Phyllis Schmidt”
Your guess is as good as mine but hopefully 2021 will be better.

Jenni has now arrived all the way from Australia!!!  She says.
 Here is my effort.
That first ring nearly knocked me out. My hand isn't quite strong enough for small rings yet.
No idea what it might be but my guess is it won't be what I think it will be in a few days.....so I will be right!
Jenni”
So sorry about the small rings, Jenni.  There aren’t many like that.


Sue’s arrived for this year’s TIAS!!  She says
Ok. Here's my contribution and I am certain it's going to be my Elephants Foot Umbrella Stand!
I've decided!!! Lol”
Hmmm, Sue, you’ll have to wait and see!!!


Next to land in my inbox is KatieV
Her comment is 
 It’s a critter with a fluffy tail!

Will it dance, will it flail?

Will it swing, will it sail?

It’s a such a sweet travail 

To tat and follow its trail!


Thank you, thank you, Jane!  You're the best!!

Katie Verna in NC USA

PS  It's clear that I'm not following the trail so well.  I think it was the enthusiasm over the fluffy tail!”

Good to see you back, KatieV.


Next in is Anita who says
 Hi Jane,
I am so glad you decided on a TIAS this year, I really missed it last year!
Here is my day 1, not sure if I chose the best color.
Depends on what this is going to be. 
A lacy lower part of a dress? 
The beginning of a centipede?
Curious and waiting for day 2 :-)”
I’ve missed them too, Anita!!!


You're just going to love, love, love Andrea's drawing!!!  She could be right, couldn't she?  This is her comment.
"Hi Jane,
Seems do long ago that we had TIAS. Thank you for bringing a ray of sunshine into my day x
I think this could be a crocodile! 🤣
Love
Andrea"


Helga is next into my inbox and she says
"Dear Jane,

Thanks for taking us on the 2021 TIAS journey.
 I’m a real needle tatter, but I’m going to try to make this one with my shuttles.
With all the covid misery we’re going through I hope it’s something cuddly.

Greetings,

Helga Havers"
Welcome, Helga and I'm sure you'll manage the shuttles very well.  Your day one looks excellent.

Melanie has just arrived in my inbox and she's got the same idea as KatieV and Maureen - something fluffy!!  Who knows?  Oh, I do!!!!

"Thank you for running the game! No guess yet, but something fluffy makes sense to me."



Next to arrive is Tatiana.  Hello, Tatiana.  Here's her comment
"Bonjour,
Merci de ce frivolage...
Je frivole depuis 1 mois et je vais essayer d'aller jusqu'au bout du tas.
Je pense que c'est un dinosaure.
Tatiana lenia

Hello,
Thank you for this frivolity ...
I have been frivolous for 1 month and I will try to go to the end of the pile.
I think it's a dinosaur.
Tatiana lenia"

Oooooh un dinosaure. C'est une bonne supposition mais je ne vous dirai pas si vous avez raison ou pas !!!!

Oooooh a dinosaur.  That's a good guess but I won't tell you if you're right or not!!!!



Next to arrive is acreech who says
 No clue.  Should l have added the beads on which thread?

No don’t worry about the beads - they’re not needed till a lot later on!!!



How lovely to find Marco next in my inbox.  Welcome back, Marco.  Here’s her comment
 Hello Jane,
I am here again,havent tat in a very long time,but will give it a go.
Hope you are well.
Greetings Marco”




Now another visit to Hungary.  I feel as if I’m on a worldwide travel holiday when I’m doing a TIAS.  This time it’s Agi who has arrived.
 Dear Jane!
I'm very happy, that I can play again. This is my first day. :)

Ági from Hungary”


Now a trip to France (I think!!).  Valerie has sent him her day 1 and says
 Bonsoir à tous,
heureuse de participer à ce tias, c'est une 1ère pour moi !
je pense que nous sommes en train de réaliser une plage et un palmier ... oui, j'ai besoin de vacances 🙂

Valérie
Good evening everyone, happy to participate in this tias, it's a 1st for me! I think we are in the process of making a beach and a palm tree ... yes, I need a vacation 🙂 Valerie


Next to pop in is Valerie who sent this
 Bonjour
Voici ma réalisation pour le 1 er jour.
Je frivole depuis 6 mois.
C'est ma première participation à un TIAS.
Je propose une girafe 🦒. 
Valerie de france
Hello Here is my achievement for the 1st day. I have been frivolous for 6 months. This is my first participation in a TIAS.I propose a giraffe 🦒. Valerie from France

I'm on my way to bed but have time to upload the last two in my inbox.  This is from Llewelyn who says
"I had not tatted in about 14 months and was appalled at all I had unremembered.
 But this challenge may bring it back! It is an octopus, the tentacle with the rings being the suckers!"
Now that's an idea I'd not thought of - an octopus.  Now I'm not saying it's not an octopus - just trying to mislead  you!!!


It's always lovely to see old friends (as in friends who are not old but that I've known for a long time) in my inbox.  Here's what Bernice has to say
"I don’t have a guess for you YET.  

Bernice  tatting in Calgary AB  Canada"







4 comments:

CreHanna said...

Thank you Jane. First time for me to follow a TIAS.
Excuse me for not showing a picture as I cannot see how to do that on an iPad.

Jane Eborall said...

CeHanna if you send me an email to lovetotat@gmail I’ll explain how to do it. I’ve made a picture to help you do it too. I’m using an iPad at the moment.

MomDea said...

Not sure how to add photos....day 1done. No ideas yet

Jane Eborall said...

MomDea - just send the picture and comment to my email address which is on the introduction. I'll get it on the blog as soon as I get back from picking up my grocery order!!! Oh, welcome to the TIAS!!!