Thursday 21 January 2021

Day 5 now available

 That’s right - day 5 is now ready for your attention!!!

Here’s the link.

Good morning world and I'm back with some more days in my inbox.

First in this morning is from Bev who seems to know me quite well!!  She says

"Hi Jane
This part of the pattern was predictable although that is a dangerous presumption with you. But which way will it go next??? I think it looks like a finger, eventually being a hand saying Stop Covid! 
Bev"

I think you'll find out today, Bev!!!



Next in is Denise with her day 4 and she says

"Hi Jane,
    I’m so happy you have this TIAS again.  I’m not sure what this could be !  3 beads must be eyes and a nose and with all the picots on the outside could it be a sheep or lamb ?"

Well sadly you'll have to wait and see, Denise!!!



Pam is next to drop into my inbox and this is what she has to say

"I'm still playing even though I went a little wild with my picots.  I ruled out a smile with ring 9 so will have to join the guesses with feather or a tail."



Carol's picture made me smile.  That's funny.  Having just got out of the shower I was wondering for a minute whether she was meaning that I had to lie flat to dry!!!  Here's her comment too

"Good Evening Jane:
The pattern looks like the shape of a tatting shuttle; however, when I looked at my knitting bag, I couldn't help wonder if it is the head of a curly lamb?
Looking forward to Day Five.
Always, Carol
blogging as Lelia at
Stitches of Life




Next in is Julibeth without her uncooperative cat to help her!!! Her comment on her day 3 is

"Jane,
Sue’s black cat is apparently a more cooperative model than my cat is. Before I could snap a photo, missy Velvet hopped down. She’s just not convinced that this is going to be a good cat toy regardless of whether it is an EFUS, an alien, or some sort of critter. So, Day 3, without the intended kitty cat backdrop.:"



Next in is Julibeth again with her day 4!!  No sign of the cat so we'll wait for day 5 to see if it makes an appearance then!!!  She says

"Jane,
I may have gotten some guessing insight from another member of our local guild. It’s an armadillo! 
Julibeth "



First in with day FIVE is Jenni who appears to have made a huge effort so deserves to be the first in again!!! Jenni was first in with day 4 too. She says

"Hi Jane.
Raced home from Melbourne to get this done.
Took as long as the kettle took to boil.
Ben thinks (knows actually) that I am a bit mad.
No idea yet!!
Hugs, 
Jenni"

Ben's actually wrong.  You have a minor personality ORDER which is related to tatting and he's happily learned to live with it over the years!!!  Note - order, not disorder!!!!



Jenni is followed VERY shortly by Fiona. They may even have bumped heads travelling through cyberspace!! Fiona says

"Hi Jane
Thanks for day 5. That last chain is going somewhere, could it be attaching that Alpaca leg? 
See you for day 6! 
Fiona"


Final addition before I have breakfast is from the third Australian in a row - Maureen. She says

"Not a camel in sight, but here is a picture with my treasured and extremely old yellow dog, because he matches the thread so beautifully.
Could it possibly be a platypus?"

Now you know I'm not going to answer that question, Maureen!!!!



Over to Hungary for the next visitor and this time it's Ildiko who says

"szép napot Jane, 5. nap feladata elkészül"

Thank you for sending your day 5, Ildiko.  



I have had this comment from Edit about day 5.  She says

"Kedves Jane!
Meglepő a folytatás, őszintén nem erre számítottam,de nagyon-nagyon köszönöm!
További jó kötekedést!😁
Dear Jane! The sequel is surprising, I honestly didn’t expect that, but thank you very, very much! More good teasing! 😁"

Thank you, Edit - I love to surprise people!!!


Next to arrive is Jolimamma who says

"Kedves Jane! Gyorsan eljött az 5.nap. Köszönöm, el is készítettem. 😉
Jolimama Magyarország 
Dear Jane! Day 5 came quickly. Thanks, I made it. 😉 Jolimama Hungary"



Anita has just spotted day 5 and has done it too.  She says

"Hi Jane,

Working with other things I just thought: I wonder if Jane has posted day 5?
And you had! I felt lucky, this is such fun! "

Thanks, Anita


Sue has just arrived in my inbox. Well, that’s not quite true as I’ve been out for a long walk this afternoon. Anyway this is what Sue has to say

“ You'll have to go to my blog to read...”

Now I’d better give you her blog address before you all start shouting at me!!! Here it is. https://pigminitatty.blogspot.com/2021/01/guess-what.html



Jane is next with her day 5 and she says.  

 Hi Jane, aha we have something to join onto a fish's tail!”

Of course that’s if it is a fish’s tail, Jane!!!



Ildiko is now back with her day 5 and this is what she has to say

“ érdekesen alakul, szép estét ildikó
interestingly evolving, nice evening weddings”

Hmmm, not sure that the translation is quite right but please blame Mr Google for that!!!


Sylvie is next to arrive and she’s done a super drawing of the rabbit.  Of course it may not be a rabbit!!!

 Hi Jane, is it really a rabbit?
My picture seems again good today😀...
Wait and see.... Day 6?
Have a nice day☀️💐!
Sylvie ”

We’re now returning to Hungary and 
Erzsebet who says

 Hello Jane 5.nap Ez egy flamingó lesz.
Magyarországról küldöm! 

Hello Jane Day 5 This is going to be a flamingo. I'm sending from Hungary”

Now that’s interesting, Erzsebet.  A flamingo?  Hmmmm I wonder!!!



Coretta is next to arrive and this is what she has to say

“ Morning Jane, 
With today’s little addition I’m still thinking it’s a beaver, but that might be the fault of my brown thread.”

Finally in this batch is KatieV who I always look forward to as her pictures are always so colourful.  She says

 Hi Jane,
Here's my current menagerie of "what's its"!  
Thank you, thank you!  Great fun continues, even if I don't know what the heck it is that is continuing!
Katie”


Finally in this batch of emails is one from Melanie who has sent in her day 5. She says

“Hi Jane-
The rain should start this weekend. I'll have more time to tat then! I thought I might guess a cloud, but clouds aren't normally dark and light with a tail off one end. mmmmmm
Thanks for the game,
Melanie”


Back again and this time Marie-Claude has arrived with her day 5.  She’s changed her mind now on what this is going to be.

 Hello Jane,
Here is my Day 5. I think it's no longer a turtle, but rather an other animal, I don't know exactly which one... But my turtle is not happy with my new guess, and stay by the sea, dreaming of diving into the water!
See you soon for Day 6.
Marie-Claude (France)”


Next to arrive is Valerie who says

“ Bonsoir Jane,
Voici ma participation du jour 5.  Je pense a un manche de hochet pour enfant. 
Bonne soirée Valerie de France 

Good evening Jane, Here is my participation from day 5. I am thinking of a child's rattle handle. 
Good night Valerie from France“

That’s a new and good guess, Valerie. Thank you.]



Bernice from Canada is next to arrive and she says

“ Hello Jane,
Cool here today but no snow, just clear sunny skies. I thought I would get this before you are in your PJ’s. I am using a size 20 Lizbeth thread, Color 601 Snow White and 103 Tutti Frutti. I liked Rose’s idea of a Canadian Beaver or perhaps a Platypus, they have flat tails too.”

Well that’s true, Bernice.  I guess it could be either or even something else!!!




Donna has just joined us with her TIAS and she says

“ Hi!
Thank you for doing this TIAS!
Maybe a mask and you started with the nose piece?
Or purse decorations!
DO Take Care and Stay Safe!
Donna T.”

That’s a good guess - nobody else has thought of that, Donna!!!



Julie is feeling good now that she’s able to do ‘naked chains’.  That’s those without picots.  I know how she feels!!  Julie says

Nice to see some "bare" chains today!  And eek, my shuttle 2 looks to be running low on thread - hope I didn't load the wrong amount.”


Wendy has just arrived and has this to say

“ Here is Day 5. I think it might be a whale and this is his fin. Dave thinks it’s a petal. It’s be a big flower!

Wendy”

I like your idea of a whale.  Dave’ s doing well on guesses too!



I now have a newcomer to the TIAS. Maren has joined us with her days 1 to 5. She says

“ Hello Jane,
First time with TIAS and somewhat of a tatting newbie here. I started a few days late so I have been rushing a bit to catch up. I might perhaps have worked a few rings and chains during a video meeting today (camera off of course), but if someone asks I did no such thing. Finally now I'm in sync and looking forward to the next part of the puzzle! Such a fun challenge, thank you for organizing it!  
Best
Maren from Norway”

That’s funny doing tatting while in a meeting!!!  I can’t think of a better idea, personally.  Welcome to the TIAS.


Well, folks.  I’m off to bed so will start another post tomorrow morning if there’s anybody in my inbox.  Goodnight.

No comments: