Sunday 17 January 2021

Day 3 now available

Well I expect there are a few people who will be pleased to see day 3!!!  

Here’s the link.

First person in this wet Sunday morning is Angie who thinks she knows the answer!  

"Jane, here is my day 1 & 2. I thought alligator, but now I'm undecided. It's my first ever tat-a-long. I'm looking forward to seeing how it tats up. Thx for the fun!Angie K from central IL, USA"

Wait til you see day 3, Angie!!!



Next in is Judy who says
"Hope you had a nice sleep last night. Maybe it is a bonnet.."

Ha, ha, you spotted my note at the end of yesterday saying I was off to bed!!!  Lovely to see you this morning but now day 3 is 'out' you may change your mind?



Sharren has a good idea - or is it?  She says

"think it's half of a moustache from a man sampling different flavors of Kool-Aid!"

Well that's an idea I've not heard before, Sharren!!!



Pam is next with  her flower garden.  Well, that's what she thinks!!!  

"Day 2 I am still going to stick with a round flower garden with a sun dial in the center."

You might change your mind when you see day 3 which will be out shortly!!!


Next to pop into my inbox is Maureen who has had a lightbulb moment. This is what she thinks
 I have been delayed- but it doesn’t matter, because while I was waiting for dust to settle, I suddenly knew what we were tatting!
We’ve been making a symmetrical HUMP, haven’t we? As Kipling would call it, 
a cameelious hump.... maybe there will be ice cream at the end of the camel.
There is a camel farm here which sells it.”

I guess that makes sense as I’ve not designed a camel yet!!!


Jill is next with her day 2 and she says
 Hello Jane,
I think mine has too much of a curve.  No guess as yet.  Wondering about the three beads???
JillMcTats 
North Carolina, USA”

Don’t worry, Jill, the curve will sort itself out. 


These Australian tatters are fast!!!  Maureen’s back already with her day 3.  I’m not quite sure what the camel is doing with his tatted tail at that angle - unless it’s my imagination that’s causing me to over think the picture!!!  This is Maureen’s comment
Oh.   Are you SURE it can’t be a camel this year?
Zooming along  without counting everything twice, and I’d joined the split ring to the wrong picot. I spend so much time unpicking that these days I end every single ring with one extra second half. So unpicking wasn’t as daunting as it could have been, and I only had to undo one half of it.”


Agi has just arrived with her day 3.  This is what she has to say
 The 3. day. I don't know yet, what will be. I look forward to the next round. :)
Ági from Hungary”

I’m very pleased you don’t know what it is yet, Agi!!!!  That makes me happy!!!



Back from a four mile walk - got to get that Covid vaccine running around my body!!!  
Next into my inbox is Marco with days 2 and 3.  This is what she says

 Welcome back, Marco.  Good to see you again.”
Thank you, Marco.



Lyn has now arrived with her ‘cloud’!!!!  Here’s what she says

“ Hi Jane
Here’s day 3, it’s looking like a cloud maybe
Regards
Lyn  C”

Helga has now sent in her day 3 too.  Thanks, Helga.

 Dear Jane,
I know I’m in a tunnel vision, but still think it’s something furry.
In my imagination this part would be the tail 
Greetings,
Helga 
(CreaHelga Tatting, Knots & Lace)”

A tail?  That’s interesting.  


My lovely friend from Hungary is next - Jolimamma.  She says

 Kedves Jane! Örültem a 3. nap mintájának. Nagyon kíváncsi vagyok, mi lesz belőle. 😉
Jolimama Magyarországról
Dear Jane! I was happy with the sample for day 3. I am very curious what will become of it. 😉 Jolimama from Hungary“


Sylvie seems to be sure we’re making a rabbit.  Here’s what she says

 Hi Jane
Here is my day 3, my rabbit is my idée again, today. 
See you latter
Sylvie”

Celine has just arrived with her day 3 and she says
 Hi Jane,
Done with day3 !
Enjoy your Sunday ”


Erika has now arrived too.  She’s sent her day 3 as well.
 Halmainè Nagy Erika
Magyarország”

The next to arrive is Erzsebet who is another Hungarian tatter and who says

 Szia Jane Magyarországról küldöm! 
Hi Jane I'm sending from Hungary!

Now Hanneke has arrived with her day 3.  She says

 First time to do a split ring with shuttles (because I started as a needle tatter). Met vriendelijke groet,
Hanneke”

Well you’ve done a GREAT job there, Hanneke.  



Julie from ‘up north’ (Yorkshire) is next to arrive.  She says

 Hi Jane
My Day 3 progress attached. 
Well if it IS a tail - and a fluffy one - I'd have to say Siberian husky dog.  Or just maybe squirrel.  Either way my colour choices would be way off.  And oh dear, wonky picots!  Can I just put those down to extra fluff?
From Julie in West Yorkshire”

Of COURSE you can put that down to extra fluff.  Of course that’s IF it is a Siberian husky dog or a squirrel!!!!  I LIKE your colour choices whatever it is.



From Yorkshire to Hungary in one click on the iPad!!!!  This is from Ildiko who says

 Good evening Jane, Lesson of the 3. day. No idea, what it will be, I am really  curious”

So am I Ildiko!!!!!  Well that’s not true as I do know what it will be!!!!



Judy is now accusing me of murder!!!!  I plead ‘not guilty’ to that accusation, Judy!!!  I am, however, delighted that I’ve ‘forced’ you to learn split rings!!!  They’re my favourite technique!!!!  Here’s Judy’s comment and picture.

 Jane, 
You are killing me! Split ring! I had to watch a YouTube video to get it done!  I am going back to a caterpillar as my guess.  Judy”

Hope has come up with two guesses with day 3.  She says
Hello!  
This is my first TIAS.  I learned split rings so I could participate
I have 2 guesses, neither of which are likely but I'm sharing them anyway.  Either it's a sail for a boat, or a new style of false eyelash.  
Thank you!
Hope”

I’m so pleased that you’ve learned split rings.  They’re one of my favourite techniques.  Just LOVE your drawings too.  Thank YOU.



Now for my really bonkers friend in Yorkshire - Sue (aka Pigmini).  This is what she has to say.

 Its the tail of a squirrel or beaver…. Squirrel methinks!  
Oh heavens, that won’t form an efus so back to the drawing board for this tatter!  That's not an EFUS!  It's a slug!! Modelled on the cat again!“

Come on, Sue, make up your mind!!!!


Now a visit to America and KatieV.  She says

 Hi, Jane,
I think our little critter is looking rather squirrelly today!  Could it be such a rodent?!  From your BC3, it could only be a cute one!
Yay, the fun continues!
Katie V in NC USA”

Several guesses agree with you, Katie.  Let’s just call it a squirrel, eh?  OR am I teasing?


Arlene has me puzzled - what is a parajecium?

 A paramecium?!”

I had to ask Mr Google for the answer and this is what he said.  Well I’m none the wiser, Arlene, so I think you can count that out as the TIAS!!!!  What a hoot.  Thank YOU for adding that to my old brain!!!



Kathryn is next to pop in with her comment and picture.  She says

 Such a pretty piece of tatting. 

Kathryn”



Tatiana is back again with her day 2.  She says

 Bonjour,
Un arc en ciel ?
Amitié 
Tatiana lenia

Hello, A rainbow ? Friendship Tatiana lenia”

I can see why you think it’s a rainbow, Tatania.  I wonder!!!!


Ildiko has just returned with a further comment which I love.  She sent in a picture earlier but has obviously been thinking about her tatting even more.  She says

Good evening Jane,, now I think it will be something, who has 2 eyes and nose, that is why we need 3 pearlsNso, only an idea
ildikó”

I’m not going to say ANYTHING, Ildiko!!!!  I want you to keep guessing!!!!  I’m a naughty tease!!!

Valerie is next to drop into my inbox and she says

 Bonsoir Jane,
Voici mon 3e jour et cette fois je n oublie pas la photo.
Je pense a un dauphin 🐬 .
Bonne soirée 
Valerie de france

Good evening Jane, This is my 3rd day and this time I don t forget the photo. I am thinking of a dolphin 🐬. Good nightValerie from France“
Don’t worry, Valerie - we all forget photos!!!


Now I’m not quite sure of this newcomer’s name but I do know she’s from Portugal. Here’s her comment and picture

 Hi Jane
I never participated in a challenge like this but I think l will love it. I started today, directly to day 3 and wishing for tomorrow 😍
Best regards, from Portugal  😘”

Welcome to the TIAS.  Day 4 won’t be tomorrow as I have to wait for others all round the world to catch up but it will be soon.  



Christine is now in my inbox with her day 3 and the following comment too

 Hello Jane!
I hope you have had a lovely weekend!  Here is my Day 3 of the TIAS.  My guess is that this is a pea pod, which will go in a larger basket of vegetables to remind us to eat healthy in 2021.  Or perhaps this is a bushy squirrel's tail.
Looking forward to the next installment!
-Christine in Alabama”

A pea pod and vegetables?  Interesting.  Quite a few of you have decided on a squirrel too.  I wonder!!!


Nearly ten o’clock and time for me to head to bed.  I’ll catch up with everybody tomorrow.  Thanks to all of you taking part.

2 comments:

Pigmini said...

A paramecium is a single cell organism similar to an amoeba! From your Bonkers Yorkshire TOG!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks Sue - that’s as clear as mud!!! That’s from your bonkers friend in Stratters!!!