Tuesday 19 January 2021

Day 4 and other days too!

 Well here it is.  The link to day 4.

First in today is Rose Anne with her day 3 and the following comment

"Yesterday Day 3 was posted but in the frame of mind I was in, left it alone! Good thing as today I tatted it up zippety quick no issues at all! Still no idea what it'll grow up to be as my fancy dress flounce is out the door! I this event!!!
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 



Next in is Julibeth with her day 2.  She says

"Jane,
I’m playing a bit of catch-up. Here’s Day 2.
Although it looks like a good start to a parasol for a cat, I’m going to stick with my initial thought that is the tail of a critter of some sort [...although I still would not mind an EFUS :)! ]
Julibeth "

That's the beauty of the TIAS, Julibeth - you don't have to 'keep up' with it.  Just do it when you can.  Interesting parasol but I can see why you think it's that.



The next to drop into my inbox overnight is Stephanie who's comment and picture follow

"Since we’ve got 2 colors - a dark one and a light one – maybe it’s a zebra?  So far it reminds me more of dog ears….the droopy hound-dog kind….or maybe donkey’s ears if you make them stick up instead of hang down….

Stephanie"


Keep guessing, Stephanie!!!  Just keep guessing!!



Now I have Jill in my inbox and she says

"Maybe it is a paisley, but with beads?  Maybe it’s a mushroom or an umbrella?  A doll?
Was a little rusty on the SR.  Think I should switch to size 10, my hands keep getting in the way.  Will be glad to move past all the picots.
Thanx Jane,
Jill
NC, USA
"

Lots of good guesses there - Jill.  I wonder!!!  You'll be past picots soon but that's all I'm saying!!!


Next in is a limping Martha - her words not mine!!!

"Well here I am limping in at last.  I got off to a late start and then didn't think to check in on Sunday.  I've got 2 shades of gray as it was a very gray sort of day when I was choosing.  If it turns out to be a very colorful thing, I can pretend I've got a black & white photo.  I think we are working on a wing right now, but no idea what it's a wing of."



Julie appears to be lost!!!!  Don't worry, Julie, eventually all will fall into place!!

"I have no clue where this going now. Julie"




Sound the trumpets now.  Jenni is the first in with her day 4 and she's been sitting in my inbox for probably 20 minutes while I've been working my way up the list!!  Jenni is in Australia and must've been sitting in front of her computer!!!  Here's what she says

"Day 4.
Looks like maybe Maureen might get her rabbit this time????
Jenni"

I'm going to suggest that you MAY be wrong with the rabbit, Jenni.  Maureen got her rabbit a few years ago!!!!  BUT as you know I enjoy playing tricks!!!



Maureen is just in with her day 4 and says

"Gradually the sad camel is easing out of the picture......whatever we are tatting, it seems to be very fluffy."

Well a camel did seem pretty ambitious but you never know, Maureen.



Sylvie has just arrived too with her day 4 and she says

"Hi Jane, I Wish you a good week,  I enjoy this TIAS😁👍, 
Happy day!
Sylvie "


Glad you're enjoying it, Sylvie.  I'm delighted you've joined us.

Next to arrive is Erzsebet from Hungary and she says

 Hello Jane 4.nap nagyon várom a következőt Magyarországról
Hello Jane Day 4 I am really looking forward to the next from Hungary

Thanks, Erzsebet



Marie-Claude is the next to arrive in my inbox and she says

 Hello Jane,
Aïe aïe...my turtle flattened on Day 4!! But it is a stretchy one, so I keep my guess!
Have a good day.
Marie-Claude from France”

I’m sorry to hear about your turtle, Marie-Claude!!!



Now we’re off to Hungary and Ildiko who says

 szép napot Jane, 4. nap feladata is elkészült, most halra gondolok, a sok pikó a hal pikkelyei
köszönöm Ildikó

nice day Jane, day 4 task is also done, now I'm thinking of fish, a lot of spades are fish scales thank you Ildikó“

I think the translation should read ‘picots’ instead of ‘spades’.  


Again we’re in Hungary and this time it’s Jolimamma who says

 Kedves Jane! Itt is van a 4. nap :-)
Én szeretem a meglepetéseket, ezért nem találgatok. Lányom, Bernadette azt mondja, ez egy lepke szárnya :-)
Jolimama, Magyarország” Dear Jane! Here is the 4th day :-)

I love surprises, so I don’t guess. My daughter Bernadette says it's a butterfly's wing :-)

Jolimama, Hungary”


I wonder if Bernadette is right?  Hmmmm, I’m NOT telling!!!



The next into my inbox is Lyn who says

 Hi Jane,
Maybe I can get this email right today !
Is it a wing from a dragonfly?”

Well, Lyn, I promise you you’re not the only one to forget to attach a picture.  We all do that so that makes you normal!!!



Sue has now arrived with her thoughts on the TIAS and what it will be.  Here’s her comment

So, we were supposed to helping (socially distanced and with full PPE provided) out today, but thanks to the weather we’re not, we’re staying home safe!!  It’s given me chance to do my Day 4.

I have now decided what this is.  It’s a Beaversquirrel!  Beaversquirrels are extremely rare which is why you have never heard of them.  They are found in the denser forests of the Scottish Highlands where there is an abundance of waterfalls and fast flowing rivers with lots of trees on the sides. Beaversquirrels live in the trees along the banks and hide in plain sight because they’re camouflaged!  They have the tail of a beaver and the body of a squirrel, hence the name.

Here’s my Beaversquirrel so far:  His name is Barmy because he’s the amalgamation of ideas between 2 barmy TOGs one in Stratford and one in Yorkshire!!”

Well now we all know!!!



Next to arrive is Helene who seems to be considering a snail as the answer to this conundrum!!!  She says

“ Bonjour Jane , cela peut être un escargot 😉🙏
Hello Jane, this can be a snail 😉🙏“




Tatiana is the next arrival in my inbox.  She says

 Bonjour Jane,
C'est peut-être les cheveux d'une fillette ?
Amitié 
Tatiana lenia

Hello Jane,
Maybe it's a little girl's hair?
Friendship 
Tatiana lenia“

Lovely drawing, Tatiana.  



Now we’re back to Hungary for the next arrival.  Not sure of the name but that’s not too important.




Jane has just arrived with her day 4 and this is her comment.  She says

Hi Jane, my day 4. As I was nearing the end, I thought I hope I have the right number of rings left over! I do, so that's alright Best Beloved.”

I know that feeling, Jane!!!



Pascale is the next person in my inbox which I’ve neglected while I made a few more Covid dangles!!!  Here’s what she says

 Bonjour Jane, voici le jour 4 terminé. 
A bientôt.  Pascale

Hello Jane, this is day 4 completed. See you soon. Pascale“

Thank you, Pascale.  See you soon with day 5!!!


Anne-Marie is next to arrive with both days 3 and 4.  She says

Hello Jane,
Here are my 3 and 4 days.

I see that others one thought so me!Squirrel's tail....
My imagination is not terrible....
Read you soon...
Anne-Marie ( France)”


I’ve worked my way back to the top of the inbox - well the messages to do with the TIAS and this is the last person in this batch.  Nathalie is the name of the last person before I cook the tea!!!  She says

Bonjour Jane,

C'est peut-être le nez d'un bonhomme de neige...Amitié 

Hello Jane,
Maybe it's the snow man's nose ...
Friendship

I LOVE your snowman drawing - PERFECT.



Now I have Agi’s day 4 and this is what she has to say

 The 4. day. Perhaps it will be a bunny or squirrel? :) 
Ági from Hungary ”

There seem to be a lot of rabbit and squirrel guesses.  I’m now beginning to wonder what it is too!!!


Next to arrive is Valerie who has a new suggestion which I really like - she says

 Bonsoir Jane,
Voici mon 4 e jour
Je pense a une oreille de lapin, mais il va falloir une année complète pour le finir :-).
Sinon une soucoupe  volante...
Bonne soirée 
Good evening Jane,
This is my 4th day I am thinking of a rabbit ear, but it will take a whole year to finish it :-). Otherwise a flying saucer ... Good night



Melanie is next with another new suggestion.  Here it is!

 Hi Jane-
It's time for me to walk down to the Bay. I wanted to get this out to you first. 
Are we tatting a starfish???
Melanie”


KatieV is back and on fine form too.  I’ve been a bit concerned about KatieV this year as she’s always done several TIAS’s at the same time but today she’s back on normal!!!!  She says

 Hi, Jane!
Going multiples now!  I think it's a broom---to sweep away 2020.  If so, I'll have plenty to do the job.  Then hubby says 2020 is gone already.  Hmmm, what's the matter with me?!  Don't answer that!   Anyway, he thinks it's the beginning of an earthworm.
Thanks so much for the fun, Jane!!
Katie V in NC USA”



Brenda is next to arrive and she’s got another new idea to share!!  Here it is

 Hi Jane,
There is a lot of talk about PPE needed in this pandemic. If this is a wing then I think I am tatting a flying PPE (Purple People Eater). Thanks for the TIAS.
Brenda”

Well the local grammar school used to have purple as their uniform colour so your comment reminded me of them!!!!  Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Brenda.




Julie is back with her day 4 and I’ve upset her poor husky dog!!!  I apologise to your tatting, Julie, while I giggle!!!!  Tell him that Jane is a mad old git living in the middle of England!!!  

Ok, my husky dog is pretty upset that his lovely bushy tail has been straightened - he wasn't appreciative of his steam treatment either - huff!!  He wants to know who this devious Jane person is!  LOL”


Next to arrive is Wendy who is convinced she knows what we’re making. This is what she said

“ Hello Jane
I was right, it’s a dolphin with seaweed round his nose. 
Dave says the wing of an aeroplane. 
I love the shuttles, don’t use anything else.
Wendy”

I’m sure Sally will be reading your comment about the Popabobbin shuttles.  Thank you.


Laura has just popped into my inbox now with her day 1 and with her comment and picture.  She says

 Hello!
My name is Laura, I’m from Indiana in the US and I am so excited for Tat It and See!  Goodness I’m behind!  Here is Day 1, I think it is a Kangaroo tail. 🦘 ”

Welcome on board the Good Ship TIAS, Laura.




The last person to arrive in my inbox today is Bernice who is another squirrel person!!!  She says

"Hi Jane,

I made a mistake on ring 3 but just carried on.  If I didn’t know better I would think we were tatting a squirrel with this bushy tail."


Well I can't see a mistake on ring 3 and it won't make any difference anyway. Carry on tatting, Bernice!!!!





Goodnight everyone - I'll be back in the morning!!!






Goodn

No comments: