Monday 25 January 2021

A catching up sort of day!

This will be a day for both tatters 'out there' and me to catch up before day 7 tomorrow. 

First in today is Kay Lynn who says

"Dear Jane,
Well, we haven't changed our guess yet.....We are sticking to the 
last one as it suits our purpose (even if it doesn't turn out this way 
in the end). Aonghas sends paw slaps and tail wags your way.
Kay Lynn & Aonghas"


Next in is Christine who has this to say about her day 6

"Hello Jane!
Here is my tatting for Day 6. Interesting to read that you have had snow today (Sunday). It was sunny here this morning, but now it's raining.
I noticed the filename for today is "AADAY6Nellyelephant.pdf" which is likely a clue that we are *not* tatting an elephant, because you like to throw us off the scent.
Or, perhaps it's a super sneaky devious clue that we *are* tatting an elephant?! 
Hmmm...
-Christine in Alabama"

We still have snow leftover from yesterday so I doubt I'll go out as it'll be slippery.  The sun will sort it out - or not!!!  Ah, you've found my silly url!!!  You're the first one to spot them in this year's game.  I try to make them amusing - just for fun!!!!


Cindy was running out of thread on her shuttle one and realised she'd probably started with the wrong shuttle - don't we all do that from time to time? Well I certainly do!!! Here's what she said

"I decided to start over using the correct SH1 and SH2 threads and I have plenty of thread left on both shuttles."



Heidi is next in my bulging inbox. This is her guess

"At first glance a wing for flying I see,
But a critter with a furry tail is a possibility.
Heidi"


My poor old BC3 has let me down this morning. I sort of recognise the email address but can't put a name to it right now. Back later with the name once BC3 has woken up.

"Here is Day 6 and it looks like a beaver tail but this will be huge if this is the tail so I think not. Looking forward to Day 7."



Claire is next in with her day 2. This is what she says

"Hi Jane, 
Please find attached my day 2 of your TIAS. Maybe it will be the wing of a Pegasus? 
---
Claire (BC, Canada)


That's a good guess, Claire but I'm not confirming or denying it!!!




Next to drop in is Rose Anne who says

"Hmmm still going with the North American beaver. Otherwise not sure what your mind dreamt up!
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 

Well I'm pleased you're still thinking about it, Rose Anne!!!!



Rita's comment is short and to the point!!!  Made me chuckle too!!!

"Skunk tail. Run!

Rita"


Finally in this morning's inbox is Carol who's sent in a fantastic picture. She says

"Dear Jane:
Attached is my tatting of Day Five.
Now it looks like a wing, perhaps a butterfly?
Thx for the Catching Up Day ; )
Always, Carol NWIndiana
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life



Back again with Marie-Claude with a great picture and she says 

“ Hello Jane,
Here is my Day 6 and the neck of a giraffe... (the drawing is not mine, but from "mister Google"!)
Have a good day.
Marie-Claude (France)”

Well done to you and Mr Google!!!  



Next in is Pascale who has this to add as her suggestion

 Bonjour Janz, voici le jour 6. Cela ressemble à une crosse de hockey sur glace.....😄
Bonne journée . Pascale
Hello Janz, this is day 6. It looks like an ice hockey stick ..... 😄 Have a good day . Pascale“

Hmmmm, yes it does, Pascale.



A newcomer now with her days 1 to 6. A name I was so pleased to see too. Lovely to hear from Valerie after a long break. Here’s what she says

“ Good day, Jane!
So glad that your good self and BC3 changed your mind and decided to do TIAS! I have to confess that I have become rather rusty at tatting now. The shuttles and thread were so fiddly in my hands, goodness me!
Thankfully I got caught up to day 6, and the pictures are attached (but somehow I missed one step in pictures)! Interesting 
pattern so far, but I have no guesses yet. Perhaps in the next one. [grin]
Hugs,
Valerie”


The next arrival in my inbox is Melanie who says

 Hi Jane-
It's been a busy day. The rain has started so I can ignore the rest of the chores and tat my version of the game. What is it? I no longer have a clue!
Thanks for bringing us joy,
Melanie”


Cheryl has now popped into my inbox with her day 6 and the following comment

"-- Hi Jane. I did do this yesterday. But it was very wavy on the chains. So I blocked it and got it to flatten out some.
Now it sort of looks like the beginnings of a fish. Time will tell. I sure enjoy TIAS. 

Don't worry - the curve etc will sort itself out soon - that's, of course, if it does need 'sorting out'!!!!



Just arrived in my inbox is Dani who has sent in days 5 and 6.  She says

 hi Jane!

well, after day 5, i thought it might still have a chance to be a santa hat, but now i am firmly on team Squirrel.

dani, the geek


Ah, Team Squirrel?  That’s a great idea but I wonder!!!





KatieV is back.  Pleased to see you, Katie.  This is her comment

 Hi, Jane, 
my little mystery menagerie is growing ever more mysterious!!
Thank you for the fun--and the mystery!
You and BC3 are quite a combo!
Actually, it's rather fun to tat without knowing what the heck I'm making!
Big tatty hugs to you and BC3!!
Katie Verna in NC USA”

Blame BC3, Katie.  I wasn’t there when it happened.  Honestly - (I lie!!!)






No comments: