Thursday 28 January 2021

Day 8 now ready

Good Thursday morning.  I’m going to be out for a while this morning so the first few day 8 submissions may be a little delayed.  

Here’s the link to Day 8.

Bottom (so first) in my inbox this morning is from Jill with her day 6 and she says

"I think I have too much of a curve.  Maybe I need to block it.  I’m going to have to add thread fairly soon and I put on an extra yard in the beginning.  What about those beads ???
No guess at this point. 
Thanx Jane JillMcTats 
NC, USA"

Maybe you started with the wrong colour or you used a different sized thread?



Irene is next with her day 7 and she says

"Hi Jane,
Here's my piece with Day 7 completed.....if Rose's  guess of a skunk correct,I chose perfect colours! 
Irene"

Well yes you have, Irene.  That's if it is a skunk, of course!!!!



Coretta is next with her day and she managed to do her day in a very different place!!!  I hope the dentist visit went well, Coretta.  She says

"Hi Jane! 
It looks a bit like a lamb’s top of head and ear today.  No progress picture snap for day 6. I worked both days while waiting for my youngest to see the dentist."



Rita is next and she simply says

"Skunk or angry cat"

You could be right, Rita!!



Finally before I have to go and collect my shopping I have Carol who says

"Well Jane, the mystery continues.    I'm guessing a fish? lamb? or possibly a groundhog?
Looking forward to Day 8
Always, Carol
NWIndiana
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life

Hmmm, a fish looks very likely, Carol




Back from collecting the groceries and I find Claire next in my inbox with her day 5. She says

“ Hello Jane, 
Please find attached my day 5 of your TIAS 2021. 
Did we just finish a tail, or a long ear? Nah, you created a rabbit a couple of years ago, so I wouldn't think of another one this year. A mule / donkey maybe?
---
Claire 



Well Jenny’s done it AGAIN by being first into my inbox when a new day is released!!! First in with her day 8. I think this must be a record now, Jenni.

“ Very tricky Jane!!
Bit late.Nearly missed it today.
Called in for a shift $$$$
Enjoying the intrigue of this TIAS.
No idea!
Hugs
Jenni”

Anita is next and she says

 Hello again,
This is looking like a V-shape now. Hmmm…
So clever you are.
I can’t tell from your drawing what it is going to look like, I really have to tat it to see.”. 

That’s why it’s called the Tat It And See, Anita!!!  OR it could be called ‘Wicked Jane’!!!!!


Kathyrn is second in with her day 8 and she says

“ Must be doing something wrong, had to join in more thread!

Kathryn”


This is why I don’t like giving thread amounts, Kathryn.  We all have different ways of measuring the thread and manipulating it too.  I normally use the old fashioned way - fill a shuttle and go!!!!  Leftovers are rewound back onto the ball so I don’t have to have many shuttles and I don’t pick up the wrong shade if I can’t remember where the leftover thread came from to match up.  




First in from Hungary with her day 8 is Jolimamma. She says

“ Kedves Jane! Egy nappal közelebb a megoldáshoz 😉 Elkészültem a 8. napi feladattal
Jolimama Magyarország
Dear Jane! One day closer to the solution 😉 I was done with the 8th day task“

Thank you Jolimamma and congratulations on being the first Hungarian tatter in my inbox with day 8!!!



Lyn has now arrived with her days 7 and 8.  She says

 Hi Jane,
Well days  7 & 8 snuck up on me ! Still no idea what it is. 
Regards from WA”




Jane is next to pop into the inbox.  She’s had a few problems with her BC3 and this is what she says

 Hi Jane, 
Oops, I looked at the wrong part of the diagram, spent a wodge of time undoing a split ring, and then realised I'd done it correctly in the first place! After that I didn't have the oomph to guess where we're going. “

I’ve done that so many times, Jane.  



Julie is next and she’s had thread problems too.  I apologise for that but two of us checked the quantities.  I think my BC3 has let me down again.  Anyway, this is what Julie says


 I too had to join in more thread - both shuttles - definitely should have started off with full ones!”


Sylvie is next in my inbox and she’s given up on her last guess.  This is what she says


 Hi Jane, bye bye my cocker.... I've not idée today.. Perhaps a (escargot)...have a nice day's. 

See you next day.. 
Sylvie”


A snail, Sylvie?  Now that’s a good idea.






Ildiko is next to arrive and this is what she says

“ elkészült a 8. nap feladata, kicsit megizzadtam. mikor kerülnek sorra a gyöngyök? kíváncsi vagyok
szép estét ildikó
the task of day 8 was done, I sweated a bit. when do the beads take place? I'm curious nice evening weddin

Well the beads will be soon!!! That’s all I’m going to say!!!!




Next in is Coretta who says


 Jane, 

Well, we were having so much fun, we’re at the oncologist today. Unrelated. 
Today my imagination has failed me. But I completed day 8. I did notice on the intro it called for 3.5 yards and day one instructuons it says 2.5 yards on shuttle 2. So maybe that is why some of us are needing to add more thread. A great skill to learn and I agree thread yardages are hard to estimate for others. It’s a good guess, but that’s all it can be. 
I’m having fun!”
Thanks for pointing that out, Coretta.  My test tatter actually changed the amounts I’d given and I must’ve forgotten to change it in both places.  I’d put too much.  But, as you say, we all have different ways of measuring etc.



Next to drop into my inbox is Bernice who says


 Good Day Jane,

That was quite clever how you have the color go around those split rings .  It could be the big arm of a crab or it could not be. ”


Yes it could be or it couldn’t be, Bernice!!!!




Valerie is the next tatter to drop in and she says


 Bonjour Jane,

Voici mon 8e jour et j'ai une nouvelle idée. Je pense a un 🌂 ☂️.  A ombrelle.
Bonne fin de journée. 
Valerie de France 

Hello Jane, This is my 8th day and I have a new idea. I think of a 🌂 ☂️. With umbrella. Good evening. Valerie from France“


Now I think that’s an excellent idea, Valerie.  




Next to arrive is Jill - she says

 Maybe it’s a turkey?  a fish?
Very clever Jane !!!
Thanx Jane,
JillMcTats 
NC, USA”


Agi is next and she simply says

 The 8th day.
Ági”


Arlene has asked a simple question to which I’ll give the answer.  She says

 Morning, is it a poodle?
Arlene M
NC, USA”

Well, Arlene, I’m not sure!!!!  I love your drawing, though and it does look as if it could be!!!!



Marco is next with her day 8.  This is what she says

 Hello, here is day 8.
Still no clue,sorry
Gr Marco”


Next to arrive is Llewlyn who says 

Dear Jane, This was big fun! I love SRs and they took just the turn to let me know my new guess is THE right one. The fluffy bit is the rug in front of Granny's rocking chair and the bit we did today is the 'rocker' part! 
Looks to be a big project! Will we refill our shuttles? I know I will need to wait and see. Cheers, Llewelyn”

Glad you like SR’s - I do too as you’ve probably noticed.  More to come so more fun for you.  You will be refilling your shuttles soon.  


Erzsebet is next to arrive and she says

 Hello Jane 8.nap 
Magyarországról küldöm. Most egy csikóhalra gondolok! 
Hello Jane Day 8 I'm sending from Hungary. Now I'm thinking of a seahorse!

That’s a very good guess, Erzsebet.  I wonder if it is?




KatieV has just arrived with her little ‘brood’ of TIAS’s!!  She says

 Hi, Jane,
You crafty gal!  (I mean that in more than one way!)
Today I think it's a feather duster.  We were working on the handle today!  Good thing I'll have plenty of them as I've got plenty of dust about here!
Tatty hugs and big thanks--I may have a clean room when this is over!
Katie V in NC USA”

Well if that’s what you’re making why is there so much dust round this house?????



Melanie is next with her message and picture.  She says

 Hi Jane-
Well, I feel as though I may be in your neighborhood. It started raining yesterday and hasn't stopped! We just may yet avoid a drought!!
I like the idea of a feather duster. I remember you said 3 parts. A broom and dust pan to come?
Melanie”

Good guesses, Melanie - we’ll see!!!!



Valerie is next to arrive and she says

“ Bonsoir Jane, bonsoir tout le monde ! 
quelques difficultés pour réaliser ce virage à 90°... d'après ce que je vois des autres réalisations, je suis même dans l'erreur totale...
si ça ne gêne pas pour la suite, je laisse comme j'ai fait, car je ne comprends pas comment réaliser ce virage...
Bises à tous, bonne soirée
Good evening Jane, good evening everyone! some difficulties to achieve this 90 ° turn ... from what I see of the other achievements, I am even in total error ... if that doesn't bother the rest, I leave as I did, because I don't understand how to make this turn ... Kisses to all, good evening“

The turn is two split rings, Valerie.  I give you this link. http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/SplitRings.pdf  I think the pattern will still work with the way you’ve done it but I would suggest you learn and practice split rings as you will need them before we finish.



Just arrived in my inbox is Rose Anne who says

 Ohhhh gosh I don't know what this will be now!  I've made a coffee with Bailey's and will enjoy my TIAS reading!
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 

Oh gosh, I’m pleased you don’t know, Rose Anne!!!!



The last few of the day just coming in.  First from Kay Lynn who says

 Dear Jane,
You are REALLY trying to baffle us.....and you have succeeded!  Aonghas and his mom put on their "thinking caps", but no great guesses came to them today.  So tricky Jane has taken us in a direction that was unexpected. Nevertheless, we're enjoying the tatting journey with many other tatters from around the globe.  Thanks for all the fun you are giving us Jane.
Paw slaps and tail wags from Aonghas, and hugs from his momma,
Aonghas and Kay Lynn”


Wendy has caught me too just before I turn this contraption off. She says

“ Here is day 7. I ran out of thread! I really haven’t a clue now, what it is.
Wendy x””


Now here’s a kitty who is modelling Catrin’s day 7. I love ginger kitties.

“ Stratford in snow must have been pretty indeed. And what a bitter sweet year too - getting the town back to yourselves but missing the income from the tourists. 
Anyway here are days seven and eight of what is very obviously a LOBSTER. 🦞
Also featured is my 'helpful' companion Billy the Kit. 
Catrin x

Yes, Catrin, the town is just too quiet.  Just want it to go back to it’s usual buzz now.  

I’m off to bed now.  See you all in the morning.


1 comment:

Rose Anne B said...

Ohhh Jane, from your comments to tatters uploads I can tell you are just a chuckling with glee that we are having so much fun here! Yeppers muchly needed around the world in these trying times! Again HUGE hugs to you for your inspirations, talents, patience and hard work!
I know after my shingles shot and sore arm I enjoyed my feet up, coffee with Bailey's reading session!