Wednesday 13 January 2021

More of Day 1

Good morning - and a wet one here in England!!!

Overnight I have had a lot of new day 1 offerings so it will take me a while to catch up!!!  I always start from the bottom of my inbox with the earliest ones first.  So, I'll get a few done before I have breakfast!!!!

First of all I have Stephanie who says

"SO good to have your TIAS back this year!  

So far, it looks like a melting icicle…. Or not….

 

Stephanie"

Good to see you, Stephanie.


Next in is from Julie who says

"Jane,  Thank you for hosting the fun. My guess is a dragon. I would like to make a knight to slay him.  Julie"
Now that's not very friendly, Julie!!!!  He may be a very gentle, sweet dragon!!!!



Dani is the next in my inbox and she says
"hi Jane!

 

i hereby submit my day 1… given the angle of the picture, i’m guessing cup and saucer!

 

dani, the geek"

Good to see you, Dani.




Rose Anne is the next one in my inbox.  She sounds pleased to be back in a TIAS!!!

"OMGG it's happening again and I'm all in again!  In 2018 and previous years I totally lived for the next installment!  So thank you Jane Eborall for doing the TIAS once again!  


My Creative Works blog (tatting label):  https://mycreativeworks.blogspot.com/search/label/tatting?m=0

Rose Anne Burdeny 
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada "


A new participant is next to arrive.  Thank you, Julibeth, for joining us and trying to keep an old lady (ME) out of mischief!!


My first TIAS, a new technique for hiding tails, and pretty new shuttles. Plenty to smile about :)! I’m guessing a dinosaur or dragon tail...although I do like the idea of a tatted Elephant’s Foot umbrella stand...and a sunny, warm, beach vacation sounds heavenly! Looking forward to Day 2! 

-JULIBETH"



Another friend from Hungary has now joined us.  A BIG hello to Ildikó

"good morning, jó reggelt Jane,

I made the lesson of the first day, best regards"



From Hungary to France in a few clicks of the mouse!!  Next is Helene who says

"Cela pourrait être un coq .


It could be a rooster"


Thank you, Helene.  



Next to arrive is Marie-Claude who says
 Bonjour Jane,
Merci beaucoup pour ce TIAS. Voici ma photo. Mes picots sont peut-être trop petits...
Je pense à une fleur...
Marie-Claude Réty (France)

Hello Jane, Thank you very much for this TIAS. Here is my picture. My pins may be too small ... I think of a flower ...“



This is a post from Jolimama which I thought I’d put on the TIAS blog yesterday.  Dealing with two browsers must be confusing me.  Here’s her comment and picture.

 Kedves Jane! Nagyon örülök, hogy ismét játszhatunk. Köszönöm a lehetőséget. Jolimama Magyarországról


Dear Jane! I'm so glad we can play again. Thank you for the opportunity. Jolimama from Hungary“



After a bit of a break to do some of my own project I’m back with Kathryn’s day 1.  She says

 Please find attached a picture of day1 of your new tatitandsee.

 

I am looking forward to this new tatting project I enjoyed the mermaid and have made a few more.

 

Kathryn?”



Next to arrive is Marcia who has joined us for the first time.  Here’s what she says

 Good morning. 

I’m a needle tatter (1 year experience). I am translating between shuttle and needle notations. 
I’m also “cheating “ and not using 2 colors. Haven’t learned that yet.  My critter is going to be a new mutation of the species. 

Just wanted to clarify on a statement you made in the note. “worker needs to use second half of ds first”.   I’m interpreting that as this will hold the ring closed.  Is this assumption.”

I’m not sure, Marcia.  I don’t do needle tatting but if you’re happy with what you’ve got then that’s fine.  It really is only those who like to do front/backside tatting.  


Another lady from Hungary has just sent in her day one.  She says

 Halmainé Nagy Erika

Magyarország+“
The translation tells me that Erika is her name and where she’s from which is Hungary.  At least I think that’s what it means.

Next to arrive is Sandra with an EXCELLENT drawing.  Here’s what she says
“ No judgement here, Jane…. Just a little surprised where the lockdown has taken your thoughts to.   Is this a case of “what I’d rather be doing”?   -Sandra Figg”
LOVE the picture.


Now a visit to Alaska and Kay.  She says

 Hello Jane!

So happy to have TIAS back to brighten our January days here in Interior Alaska.   Aonghas, my 8 month old Golden Retriever pup, is "helping" me guess.  He LOVES toys, and he thinks Day #1 looks like one of his toys - a mythical creature that has some ups and downs.

Attached is our photo for the day.  We're a bit late, but we enjoyed the beginning of this mysterious "creature"......
Kay Lynn & Aonghas”
.

The next to pop into my inbox is Gail who has this to say
 Jane,
I'm not a creative person so have few guesses as to what this may be. Perhaps the start of a flower? Because I chose lavender and grape as my colors, I think it would make a beautiful flower. :-)
Thanks again for your assistance yesterday!
Gail
I’m not very good at guessing either, Gail.  You’re not on your own!!!!



Cheryl has now popped into my inbox and she has this to say
 Well..shuh as it is. I tried to do the "starting catching thread" technique but I couldn't keep the tail where it was supposed to be. I need to find out where to hold my fingers. 
Then for kicks I tried Front Side/Back Side tatting. Well, my level of concentration is not what it should be. So there she be, day #1. Is it allowed to curve that much?
It's a blustery day out there. Far too cold for a nice walk. Oh Well. I'll go tat on something else. 
I used to tat so much my mom told me I'd hang a tatting on a cow's tail. So far this tat looks like the back of a steak-a-saurus.😁
-- 
Those two techniques are only suggestions, Cheryl.  I like to throw in the odd thing that some may find useful!!!



Christine has now popped in with a lovely surprise too!!  Here’s her comment
 Hello Jane!
I'm so glad that you decided to host another TIAS this year.  They are always so much fun!  
Attached is a photo of my Day 1.  I normally use beige or tan thread for TIAS, but this time I decided to use something that looked more cheerful than 2 shades of tan.  So I am using Lizbeth #20, country turquoise lt. and med.
Hello and Happy New Year to all of the other TIAS tatters!  I always enjoy reading everyone's notes and guesses.
-Christine in Alabama
P.S. (this part is just for you, Jane -- no need to post it, unless you wish to)
Also attached is a photo of my finished 2018 TIAS.  I think I finished it late that year and neglected to send you a photo at the time.  I thought you might like to see it!  
Thanks again :)”
Well I HAD to show you the mermaid, didn’t I?!?!?!  




Next to arrive is Rita with her guess.  I had to look up where Rita lives and it sounds such a lovely place I may have to swim over the pond to see her.  Well, I’d have quite a walk after I hit land so maybe it’s a bit too far!!!
 A horse's mane perhaps?
Rita from Whidbey Island”
Thanks for joining us, Rita.


Finally in this batch is Jane from Canada.  She says
 Hello Jane
Thank you for doing the TIAS this year. I missed it last year.
This is my day one and sorry I don’t have  a guess yet.
Thanks Jane from Brantford, Ontario, Canada”

Don’t apologise, Jane.  It’s three years since I did the last TIAS and that was my last ever.  Hmmmm, thank Covid and me having more time for it’s return this year.

2 comments:

Pigmini said...

OOOH! Julibeth is agreeing with me!! Way to go Julibeth!! We'll get an EFUS I'm sure!!! Jane keeps telling me I'm bonkers, and I'll agree! Enjoy the TIAS!!

West Pine Creations said...

A Hula girl....the start of her skirt.