Friday 22 January 2021

Another day of TIAS

Good morning, world.  I'm not going to release day 6 until Sunday morning just to allow everybody to keep up.  Mainly ME!!!!

First in today is Julie who says

"I was unsuccessful sending day 4. Here is day 5 times three. My guess is a bird, this looks like a wing. Julie"



Second in overnight is Kay and her puppy helper.  She says

"Dear Jane,

You are TRICKY!   I think day #5 is purposely short so as not to give further hints.   Nevertheless, Aonghas is sticking to his bunny guess (partly because he likes bunnies).  Note:  He doesn't have a beaver toy or he might have guessed that this is a beaver tail. Ha!
We are enjoying our tatting TIAS adventure.  We just never know where it will take us next.
Kay Lynn & helper, Aonghas"


Mary is falling head over tail with the TIAS!!  She says

"Jane,
And here is Day 5! Is the head or the tail next? The head or tail of what, you ask - I have no idea!"

Good, Mary!!! It pleases me that you're still puzzled!!!



Next to arrive is Christine with a lovely arrangement of her tatting.  This is what she says

"Hello Jane!
Here is my TIAS, Day 5, looking like a fine leaf along with a flower and some other unfinished bits of tatting.
-Christine in Alabama"



Next to arrive is Bev who is calling me names!!!  Tricky, eh?  That's not nice, Bev!!!!!!

"Hi Jane
Nope. This little bit offers no clues. Tricky as ever!
Bev"


Mary is next and she seems to think it's a tail too!!!  

"My tail is ready for the body.  So neat( not my tail  the pattern)"



Rose Anne is now wondering if she's chosen the 'right' colours but honestly I'm sure it'll be fine - whatever it turns out to be!!!  She says

"Hmmm still going with the North American beaver.  Shoot, I'd planned on brown and cream, then changed to red!  Ohhh well it'll have the Canadian colours whatever it becomes!

Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 



Rita is thinking along the same lines as many others.  She says

"Fluffy squirrel tail"



Gradually getting towards the top of my inbox and Judy is next with her comment and picture

"Jane,
Ahhh, work stopped me and I just picked it up to finish it tonight. I spent a few minutes finding the knot in the ring I had stopped on.. Now I am wondering if it is a walrus..
Judy"


Julibeth is having problems with her top model - her cat.  She's had to bring in 'reinforcements'!!!  She says

"Jane,
Velvet is still saying “No can do’ to modeling, so fabric kitties will need to suffice.
No new guesses today.
Julibeth "


Agi is next with her day 5.  This is what she says

"The 5th day. I think, it will be a bunny. :) 

Ági from Hungary "


Lyn has popped in next with her day 5.  She says

"Hello from a very hot Bridgetown WA.
The TIAS is great but I also love seeing all the different shuttles!
My 2 year old granddaughter was very intrigued by my tatting, I will have to start early teaching her 🤣
Thanks Jane
Regards 
Lyn C"

There's a good frost here, Lyn.  I envy you!!!  I'm still waiting for my 13 year old to want to try to tat again.  She tried at age 9 but was too impatient!!!


Finally before I wander off to have breakfast I have Valerie.  She says

"Bonjour Jane, bonjour tout le monde,
notre travail avance et je vois très bien ce que nous allons réaliser au final.... ou pas !😂
Bises à tous

Hello Jane, hello everyone, our work is progressing and I can see very well what we will achieve in the end ... or not! 😂 Kisses to all"



The next person arriving in my inbox and with a GORGEOUS drawing is Andrea who says

 Hi Jane,
I hope you are ok. I really do appreciate your efforts with this challenge. Its fab! 
Day 5 and another guess. This time a lovely flutterbye to bring us hope for spring.  Strange weather here today ... a mix of hail and beautiful sunshine. 
Happy Tatting
Andrea”

Love your butterfly, Andrea.



Jennifer has just arrived now and this is what she says

 Sorry I missed sending this for a few days!! It no longer looks like alien eyes but perhaps it’s an alien’s mouth!!
Thanks for doing this!!”

No need to apologise, Jennifer.  There are no rules with this game - well, I think there is one and that’s to enjoy the journey!!


Well, well, well whoever would’ve thought that a mystery TIAS would solve another problem?  Well I didn’t but luckily it has solved Lou’s problem but I’ll let her tell you the story 

 I was thinking dragonfly!  So I finally finished by the shuttle brothers dragonfly using this tias pattern! I had done the body way back when I did the mice but couldn’t figure out the wing pattern.  Jane’s tias to the rescue! Thanks Jane! 😂👏
❤️ Lou”

Pascale is next to drop in and she says

Bonjour Jane, j'ai fini le jour 5. Toujours pas d'idée du modèle . Pour le moment cela fait une fleur supplémentaire à mon décor 
Bon week-end. 
A bientôt.  Pascale
Hello Jane, I finished day 5. Still no idea of the model. For the moment it makes an additional flower to my decor 
Have a nice week end. See you soon. Pascale“


Heidi has burst into rhyme with her comment and says

“A lovely cloud it looks like to me,
But something that flies it could be.
Having fun, Heidi”

Thanks Heidi. Whatever will you write next?


Next to arrive is Jill with her day 5. This is what she has to say

“ Maybe it’s a whirligig?, a flower petal?
Thanx Jane,
Jill
NC, USA”

It could be. Jill.  It could be!!



Following Jill I have Celine who says 

“Hello Jane, 
Here is my day 5, now we start the head of the sheep !!
Have a nice evening”

I think you’ll have to wait and see Celine!!



I’m going to let the next tatter introduce herself with this comment

“ Hey Jane, 
This is Mariya. You probably don’t remember me :) I was an active tatter a while ago and then stopped. I believe I didn’t touch shuttles for 5 years and least and suddenly decided to get beck to them. First of all, I checked out your TIAS blog and was happy to see that despite these turbulent times you still host your TIASes! So, I’m a bit late to the party with my Day 5. Absolutely no clue on what it gonna be, as usually :D”

Welcome back to Tat Land, Mariya.  Good to see you back.  I stopped doing the TIAS a few years ago but thought that we all needed something to cheer us up this year so I’m back!!!


Corinne has just arrived with her days 2 and 3.  This is what she says

 Hi Jane,
Day 2 : a broad smile ?
Day 3 : a banana split ? 
Goodbye for now”


Next to arrive is Tatiana. She says

“ Hello Jane,
It's a dragonfly ?
HAve a Nice days
Tatiana lenia of France”

Well it could be, Tatiana.  The shuttles certainly make it look like a dragonfly.  I just  hope it doesn’t fly away before it’s finished!!



I think Stephanie is feeling confused now!!! If it is an animal it’s going to be very colourful!!!

“No guesses other than the vague ideas I had last time. Still no real clue what this is going to be. I still suspect some sort of animal, but what?
Stephanie”



Next we have a Canadian rabbit.  I think this is Deana but not sure.  I recognise the email address but BC3 has forgotten who it belongs to.  Blame a busy day!!!  You’re just going to LOVE the drawing, though.  


“Hi Jane

Hopping through the Canadian snow with day 5.”

That’s what I’d call a cheeky rabbit looking at his face.  Fabulous.


Well that’s the end of today’s instalment of the TIAS.  I’ll be back in the morning with any newcomers in the inbox and then on Sunday with day 6.


Goodnight.


No comments: