Monday 26 January 2015

More day 8 and others

Good morning happy tatters!! Least I hope you're all happy.

First in this dull, grey morning here in England is Claire who sends in her days 6. 7 and 8 with this comment:-
"Hello Jane and tatters all around the world, 
Here are the pictures of my days 6, 7 and 8, as well as the corresponding blog post
Hubby thinks it is an alligator, but I think Maureen will finally have her rabbit. 
Have a nice week! 
-- 
Claire 




Next to arrive is Sherry with this comment and picture. Just LOVE those shuttles.
"It could still be a bunny otherwise I am at a loss...how about a pinwheel? So lost...so lost....so lost...."Sherlock, the plot thickens" says Watson. Sherlock responds with " Elementary Watson...the truth of the mystery will be revealed...must have patience". Watson shakes his head. 
Wind To Thy Wings, 
Sherry 
New York, US of America 
Nata 616"


Carol is next with her day 8 and she sounds puzzled!!
"Dear Jane: 
I'm baffled ... 
Carol 
Stitches of Life II 


Next in is Adrian with his day 8 and also puzzled!!!
"Sunday will make a difference!!"? 
Oh yes, so that's what it is. How could I have possibly been in any doubt? :-þ 
Third braincell is clearly the devious one! :) 
Adrian"


Bernice is the next in my inbox and her comment and picture follow:-
"Have a great day Jane attached is Day 8 on the beach. Wish I was as it is winter here but we are having a Chinook so unusually warm so we lazed on the deck amid snow and 18 °C . 
Bernice in Canada"


Maggie has had a few problems which she can tell you about.
"Hi Jane - the winds are gone with no wildfires this time - a relief to us SoCal's. I goofed on the test-tat by breaking Rule #1 of tatting - read the instructions first. The last ring has an extra picot - I am physically, mentally, emotionally and genetically incapable of opening a closed ring (I have tried) so the picot will have to stay. I did it right on the yellow creature (or plant?). It looks like the plant from the Little Shop of Horrors. If it is, I hope it doesn't eat cats. 
Maggie"
You are not on your own, Maggie.  I goofed on tatting day 6 this time round and had to undo a lock chain!!!! 


Next to arrive is Kristen with day 8. She says:-
"Hi Jane! 
We made it to DC, just in time for a blizzard to hit tomorrow...so glad we aren't trying to drive in that! :) 
Here is my Day 8 of the TIAS!
I still think it will be one of those beetles with pincers, but I could be wrong. "


Marla is next to arrive with her day 8. She says:-
"I'm a bit late at getting done but, this time there were no tatting mishaps! ...... 
I was very VERY Good at remembering to read the instructions first..... I think I even followed them..... I did have to make a LONG picot join to the first small ring with the size 80 thread. 
Here are my Momma and Baby bunnies! :) 
All I can say is, you forgot the whiskers!!! 
-- 
Marla "
Ooooops, sorry about the whiskers, Marla!!!!


Kelly has a different guess - sort of. She says:-
"Here is day 8! Still sticking with dragon fly for now but today's ended with it looking like a teeny tiny electric guitar xD " 


Now I have Helene's to show you. She says:-
"Hi, 
You sure are good at keeping us guessing!!! So it's not an octopus and not a pair of scissors.... a dinosaur??? 
Will just have to wait till day 9. 
Hélène"


Short and simple is the next comment from Jenni!!!!
"Day 8..... no idea!!!"


Rose Anne is using tactics to fathom the puzzle!! She says:-
"OK I went back to a landscape/horizontal picture to see if I could glean some hint of what this green thing is gonna grow up to be - but ZIPPO help that gave! HMMMM Jane you have me stumped. This mystery is definitely named appropriately - tat it and see!!! 
Rose Anne, Winnipeg, MB, CANADA 


Kat did what so many of us do. Finished her day 8 and then forgot to send it!!!
"I finished this much earlier today...but totally forgot to email you! Oops! I don't know what it is anymore but I'm on pins and needles to find out! Any day now I think it will be clearer! 
-Kat"


Finally I have Linda's day 8 along with her comment too.
"Hi Jane 
Stitching right a long. So fun to do this. Thank you for sharing 
Have a good week. 
Hugs 
Linda"


Shelley has just arrived with her day 8. She says:-
"I was unplugged this weekend but did think about day 8 when it came out yesterday. 
Shelly"


After a few hour's break I'm back with more of the offerings!!!
First in this batch is Sue Anna with her days 6, 7 and 8. She says:-
"Days 6-8 done! Seems Sunday best day for me to play caught up! Have no idea what it is but so far it's been a hoot! Thanks Jane for the game. 
Sue Anna"




Shirley has arrived with her day 8 and the following comment.
"Jane, 
My alligator looks like a bunny when I look at her from another angle. Her name is Alice. I am waiting for her to transform again on Day 9. 
Shirley"


Anne is next also with her day 8. Her comment and photo follow.
"Still have no idea what it will be :)"


Next to arrive is Nikki who has this to say:-
"OK here is my day 8... I started over lol realized that I messed up and needed more lock chains then what I had in it lol. But alas its now right ."


Tine has just popped in with a comment - thanks, Tine.
"Hello Jane 
The Tias looks like an octopus. 
Greets Tine Vedder"


Next to arrive is Alba who says she hasn't a lot to say!!! 
"Good morning Jane. This is my day 8 with no comments."


Coretta has sent in her day 8 with this comment and along with her picture too:-
"The sad thing about my tire issue the other day is I spent an hour and a half and they decided they couldn't repair my tire. Oh well my little boy and I had a good time eating snacks, playing cars and talking with each other. Day 8 is attached." 


Caroline is the last person in in this batch of updates, I think!! Here's what she has to say:-
"Here is Day 8. Kind of slow this time. It looks like something running if you lay them right. Nice and Sunny today. My daughter will take me to get my car out of the hospital today. Darn check engine light kept coming on. They think they found the problem. They better have for the $ it is costing me. 
-- 
Caroline"


Anne-Marie has just arrived with her day 8 and she says:-
"Hello Jane, 
Did you say some day, Jane, that this tatted thing is necessarily an animal ? If it isn't, it 'ld be an adjustable spanner! The handywomen or DIY enthousiast we are often need it. Not for tat, it's sure, but for jewells for instance..... 
Wait work and see.....Regards 
Anne-Marie"


Next in is Cathy. She's sent in all her TIAS days with this comment:-
"Hello Jane 
Here all my photos for the TIAS 2015. I think that all my pictos are too big (connection) ? 
I'm happy to continue the aventure with you , thank you 
Goodnight 
Cathy"
I think I've got in a muddle with the order of these, Cathy so I apologise.







Next to arrive is Melanie who says:-
"Good afternoon- 
I'm still working through the TIAS for this year. I just need to have a good chunck of time available to send off a scan to you. Which I did today! 
MMmmmmmm let's see....a guess? I don't think it's a hummingbird anymore. I like the idea of a cowboy as I live in the West. But, a bunny would be cute. I think I'll wait 'til Day 9. 
Melanie"


Finally as I head for bed, I have Mariya who says:-
"Jane, 
Here is next bunch of clues made (I assume, 6 to 8). Now this thing looks more like a rabbit, but I’m not sure still :) When tatting R16, I wasn’t sure if I can connect it to R1 as my button seems to be a bit too large. However it turned out more or less flat. So, can’t wait to see next clue - I can guess the direction to continue tatting but have no idea what is going to be there :) 
Regards, 
Mariya"


















































































































No comments: