Sunday 11 March 2018

Sunday 11th March

Another two mermaids (or, rather three!) have wandered or swum into my inbox today. 

First of all I have Fiona's days 14 and then the finished (day 15) mermaid. She says:
109. "Dear Jane
Well, I finally got back to this lovely girl and finished off her tail and tresses. 
Thanks for the fun this year, and for your hard work and efforts too. Seeing this build each year to include translations into different languages and unite tatters all over the world has been a privilege. Your support for beginner and experienced tatters alike is commendable. 
Thanks for continuing to be such a pivotal part of the online tatting community!
Kind regards
Fiona T 
Thanks for the kind words, Fiona.



Now I have two mermaids from Barbara. I love the golden hair, Barbara.
Here's what she has to say:
110. "Dear Jane,
Here, finally, are my two mermaids. I’ve really enjoyed participating in this year’s TIAS. 
The mermaid on the left was tatted with size 20 Lizbeth Green Coral Sea #171. I used size 80 Lizbeth Cream tatting thread for the hair with a couple of thin gold metallic threads mixed in. 
The mermaid on the right was made with size 20 Lizbeth Island Breeze #130. I used “Glamour” in gold by Madeira (that I’ve had for a long time) for the hair. I gave her some fringe (bangs in American English) because she had such a high forehead ;-)
I used size 11/0 seed beads by Toho for eyes.
Thank you for all the time and energy you’ve put providing fun TIAS’ for us to tat. 
Many blessings!
Barbara from Northern California, USA"

No comments: