Tuesday 20 February 2018

More mermaids.

What a surprising result yesterday with 38 mermaids already swimming into the blog.  THANK YOU all.

I've now got Elizabeth's lovely mermaid and two pictures of her too. Elizabeth says:
39. "Hi Jane,
Here is my mermaid tatted with Lizbeth Artic Waters no. 185. Loved tatting it.
She's been in the water so long it changed her hair color. 
Thank you.
Elizabeth
Semmes, Al. USA"



Now I have Bev's finished mermaid and this is what she says:
40. "Dear Jane
Thank you so much for the fun, the thrill of participating in a world-wide event, and for extending our skills yet again. I’m hoping that the boredom of a long winter will get BC3 going again, if not for a TIAS, then perhaps some other kind of challenge.
The threads I used were Lizbeth 20 - No 138, and for her golden tresses Altin Basak 50 - No 1347.
Best wishes to you and all the fellow tatters
Bev - South Australia
PS I love Katie’s synchronised swimmers!"
Well the winters do get a bit tedious.  We'll see what else BC3 can come up with!!!
Absolutely LOVE your picture.  Nick was admiring it too.  Even the little starfish down in the corner.  



A lovely surprise here from Jennifer who has been a 'secret' tatter in the TIAS!!!! 
41. "Hi Jane,
My name is Jennifer and this is my completed mermaid. I do not have any earlier photos. Lizbeth thread Salmon medium size 20 was used for the body and the hair is actually a 6- strand embroidery floss called peri- lusta filo color166. The purple barrette is dmc pearl cotton size 8 color 52 variegated violet.  I forgot to mention that I am from Massachusetts in the USA.
Thanks for a wonderful pattern. I had a great time tatting."
How lovely that you thought enough of the game to send in the completed picture, Jennifer.  MUCH appreciated.  



Nona is next to arrive with her mermaid and she says:
"I used Lizbeth Fruit Fizz in size 20 for my little mermaid and her seaweedy hair is Lizbeth Dark Leaf Green.
Thank you so much for creating this fun game; it must be tons of work!
Nona (USA)"
It's a lot of work, Nona, but great fun for me too as I always know the answer even when I pretend not to!!!!!



Carollyn is next with her comment and mermaid and she simply says:
43. "Now for the big suprize Jane. Lookie here"



Next to arrive is Denise who has this to say:
44. "Dearest Jane,You are amazing, as usual. This TIAS has been tremendous. I love seeing everyone tat from around the globe. I used Lizbeth color 165 for the body. Lizbeth color 612 for the hair with simthread color 620 blended. Simthread I was able to obtain from Shuttles by design. My mermaid is swimming with the fish and butterflies. It was so nice to meet all of you!!!! Hope to see you next year.
Denise W from Illinois, USA"
Such a pretty picture, Denise.  Thank you.



Another gorgeous picture follows from Rose Anne who says:
45. "OK here is my finished Mermaid with her matching hair (please don't ask the type of yarn as I don't know). I'm not sure but I just might add her to my Under The Sea CQd project from years ago.
From: Canada
Thread: Lizbeth #20 colour #124 Spring Garden
Again thank you Jane for this mystery fun!
Rose Anne Burdeny"



Next to arrive is Lou who has sent in ALL her mermaids!! This is what she says:
46. "Hi Jane, We are beached mermaids, awaiting release in the Pacific soon. Maybe we’ll swim around to visit you in England. Lol Thank you for all the wonderful TIAS - past and present. I’ve participated in all except the hippopotamus, didn’t know about it that year. Did him since. All thread is Lizbeth. Thank you so much again. Lou Dawn, Renton WA USA"



Now I have Juliannah's mermaid.  She is a new arrival (and a lovely surprise too) to this year's TIAS.  This is her comment too.
47. "Dear Jane,
I have enjoyed playing your game. I have not played before and am so sorry this is the last one. I am also sorry that I have not taken a daily picture but I have taken a picture of the finished lady of the sea. I wanted you to know you had more that played than represented during the 15 days of instructions. At least one anyway. I have really enjoyed playing and am going to go through past years and play those too. Thank you for your time, energy and talents. I have relied on your tutorials for many years as I taught myself to tat. 
Thank you! Juliannah of Layton, Utah USA
She was made with mystery thread of size 20 green and size 30 varigated blue although the picture doesn't look true to the color."



Janet is next in my inbox and her mermaid has a name too. Here's her story.
48. "Hello Jane,
Please meet Alex the newest resident of the new coral along Tybee Island off the coast of Georgia, USA. She is a little shy but full of curiosity. We hope she stays around to help the coral grow.
She is made from size 20 Lizbeth threads in color 131. Her hair is color 611.
It has been fun Jane!
Janet VanLandingham from Flintstone, Georgia, USA"



Now I have Thelma (I think through backtracking emails) who has sent in her mermaid. She says:
49. "Hi JaneHere is my finished Mermaid, I used Milford Mercer size 20 thread. I’m from Craigmore South Australia. I have enjoyed my first tat and see project and seeing everyone’s creations."



Next to arrive is Lori who is number 50 of the completed mermaids. She says:
50. "Hi Jane if day 15 was the last day, well, here’s my alien mermaid!! 🤪
Lori ;~)"
Yes it was the last instalment, Lori.  Sadly.



Krystal has sent in her two mermaids to swim with the rest as well as each other!!! She says:
51. "My mermaids swimming together. I'm happy to have participated for my second year, but sad to see these lovely things end. Thank you for putting all the time and effort into putting these on. My Facebook " on this day" recently reminded me that I only was given a shuttle and started scouring the Internet trying to learn to use it 4 years ago. I think seeing everyone's stitches , color, size, and bead choices has been interesting and allowed me to think about such things working up other patterns.
Thank you, from California
Krystal"
It does inspire me to try new colour combinations too, Krystal.  You've done well (very well) to get this far in just four years.  Congratulations on becoming addicted to this lovely lace.



I had to smile when I read Denise's message. She says:
52. "Well Jane it was fun ! I changed the tail to this , I hope you like it. I used 3 different threads all by Lizbeth size 20, the tail is Twirlz red, the hair is color 671, I’m not sure what the color is for the body it might be Jellybean. Thank you for the game I thought it could have been a genie but a mermaid was fun . 
Denise Brant in Tonawanda, NY:
Yes I do like the tail, Denise. Makes a change, eh?!?!?  As long as she can manage to swim with it, though!!!!



Linda is next crying but she manages to say:
53. "Hello
Boo Hoo The final. This has been a fun tat. Have seen so many nice tatters in picture. OH I am from the U.S. Thanks for the fun TAT
Hugs
Linda"



Next to arrive is Jutka from Hungary who says:
54. "Köszönöm, hogy részt vehettem a játékban!
Üdvözlettel
Gömöriné Jutka

Thank you to attend the game!
Regards
Jutka Gömöriné"



Another simply gorgeous picture is next from Deana who says:
55. "Coming in late and you can see why!!!!!! It took forever to get the braids out of my hair!!!!!
So sorry to see your TIAS coming to an end.....All good things must come to an end but January will never be the same again for many of us who looked forward to the bits of pattern and the guessing game that went along with it..... IT’S BEEN A BLAST!!!!!!
WE DID HAVE FUN!!!! LEARNED LOTS AND ATTEMPTED THINGS WE GENERALLY WOULDN’T HAVE AND EVEN HAD A BARREL OF FUN ALONG THE WAY.
Here is a snippet of the fun we have had......and there were others as well.....
HAPPY TATTING
Deana"
What a lovely, lovely picture and tribute, Deana.  Thanks so much.



Now I have Amritha with her days 13, 14 and 15 and she says:
56. "Hi Madam,
Am herewith sending you 13day, 14th day, and 15th day completed. Last parts had been slow. But loved the game . Waiting for next. Thanks dear."




Now I have this great cartoon from Deana (?).  I'm guessing at the name from past entries.  
57. 



Now I have Małgorzata who has sent in her mermaid.
58. "Hello Jane.I know l' late but l wanted to show that l have a ready made mermaid
made violet-canarias20 ,pomegranate- altin basak 50, wite -ariadna 20 .
Best wishes Małgorzata Handzlik
Poland-Bielsko-Biała"



Finally in this batch which has taken an hour and a half to download and up load is Tim who has got it right - in my opinion!!! There again I've never met a real mermaid!!
59. "Of course she is a blonde. Mermaids are blondes.Thanks for a fun time, Jane."



Finally, in this batch, and before I go out I have Eva. This is what she has to say:
60. "Hallo Jane, meine Meerjungfrau kann auch schon schwimmen gehen. 
Danke, dass ich mitmachen dürfte. 
Schöne Grüße 
Eva

Hi Jane, 
my mermaid can even go swimming. 
Thank you that I should join. 
Best regards 
Eva "



Back again with another batch and the first one this time is Ildiko who says:
61. "Hello Jane,
My mermaid was tatted in Hungary. We haven't got any sea and there aren't any princes living in castles, but there is one gordeous zoodirektor in Nyíregyháza city, who established on Ócenárium there.  Since my mermaid remained alone, she was invited to move there. Now she is swimming happily with the creatures of the sea, amazing children. If you don't trust me, check: http://www.sostozoo.hu/
Thank you Jane for TIAS
Ildikó from Hungary"
I did check out your zoo, Ildiko and it looks as if it's a busy place with lots of newborn creatures.



Aniko is next to arrive and she says:
62. "Dear Jane!
I am Anikó Mázár from Oradea, Romania, from Transylvania.
My mermaid was made of self-painted 20 Anchor crochet yarn and the hair was J.S.8 Perlgarn yarn.
Thank you for taking part in this game and I hope I'll have another chance at another time!
With friendly greetings
Aniko"
What an interesting place to live, Aniko.  Thank you for your mermaid.  The thread is beautiful and I love her hair too.



Now to another country and this time it's The Netherlands. Annelies says:
63. "Hello Jane,
Thank you very much for this year's mysterie-tatting. I liked the tatting a lot and I think the mermaid is happy to jump in the large waves.
I worked with Lisbeth size 20, colour 142, turquoise twist.
Greetings from The Netherlands,
Annelies"



Next in is Elizabeth who has sent in her mermaid. She lives in Transylvania like Aniko. So knowing this I looked on Google maps and found they live about an hour away from each other. Wonder if they know each other and meet to tat? This is what she says"
64. "Kedves Jane!
Szóval kész a kis hableányunk! De hogy ne legyen egyedül az én hableánykám kapott egy barátot is!
Én most először kapcsolódtam be a játékba és minden nap alig vártam a folytatás. Nekem fantasztikus lehetőség volt ,hogy új trükköket tanulhattam meg ,fejleszthettem a tudásom! Ezért is nagyon sajnálnám ha ez a játék nem folytatódna!!!
Az én hableánykám piros 20-as pamut és Tulip cérnából készültek.
Üdvözlettel Elizabeth Erdélyből,(Románia), Margitta kisvárosából.

Dear Jane! 
So we finished the small hableányunk! But not to be alone with my friends hableánykám got it!
I joined my first time in the game and every day looking forward to the sequel. It had a fantastic opportunity that I could learn new tricks developed the knowledge! That is why we are very sorry if this game does not continue !!! 
Hableánykám made my red cotton and 20 Tulip cérnából. 
Best regards, Elizabeth Transylvania (Romania), Margitta small city."



Karen is next to arrive with her day 11 and this is her comment.
"Dear Jane, here's my project update. Circumstances forced me to set work aside for over a week so I got very far behind. TIAS #2, in size 20 died a horrible death when I badly screwed up a lock join, so I started another in size 10 with Lizbeth Azalea light and Marilee Rockley's Stargate. Here they both are at the end of day 11. I love the way my work has improved so much on TIAS #3! I can't thank you enough for this. I think this challenge has catapulted my skills rapidly. Still so much to learn; I couldn't possibly list all the ways in which you and this TIAS have helped me progress. Thank you SO much!
Oh, that's such good news to hear, Karen.  Thank you for joining in - I look forward to your next stages.



Next to arrive is Celine. She says:
65. "Hello Jane. Excuse me, I did not send the pictures. Here is my little mermaid with starfish in her hair. Thank you so much for this and previous TIAS! Friendship Switzerland Céline Grangier."
Oh, don't worry about sending in all the pictures but it's really lovely to see your finished mermaid.



Joni has sent in her mermaid now and this is what she has to say:
66. "Here is my finished mermaid! I used Lizbeth thread and I don’t know the names of the colors. Thank you for another fun game of tatting!"



Denise has sent in her mermaid in a lovely picture.  She says:
67. "Here she is swimming with her friends!"



Next to arrive is Klára who has sent in her mermaid and comment.
68. "Here she is swimming with her friends !"



Cheryl is next in my inbox and she has this to say:
69. "​Well, there they are the two Amigos. I decided to make another one as my first mermaid is an albino. I wanted to use some google eyes. They'll get glued on when I've decided where she
will spend eternity. My daughter wanted me to use another color for her top half so it looked
like she was wearing a bikini top. I just had fun doing her in the two colors. 
I really enjoy these TIAS's. I'm still hoping some day you will create a hot air balloon.

Ooops I forgot to say I'm from Alberta Canada. And the white mermaid is made from some Aunt Lidia's thread size 20. Her hair is Coats size 30.
The green girl is all Lizbeth thread, size 20. Hair light lemon, skin coral pink medium and jungles greens for her body."
That's a clever idea using the two colours to give her a bikini top.  Love it.



Lovely to meet Sandra with her mermaid. Thank you, Sandra, for quietly taking part and I do understand how hard it can be to keep sending pictures.
70. "Sorry I haven't been posting all along during the Tia's, but I have kept up with the process and would like to share my mermaid, and thank for the fun.
Sandra Fouts"



Sophitia has just sent in her mermaid and she says:
71. "Hello Jane, 
Here is my completed mermaid. I only began tatting in November of 2017 so I didn't feel confident enough to send in daily photos, but I thought you would like to have as complete a record as possible of participants for this event. The body of the mermaid is DMC pearl cotton number 8. I decided to use scrap thread for the hair so the majority of it is DMC pearl cotton number 12 in ecru, which was leftover from my first doily. The accent portion of the hair is Lizbeth size 20 in color number 184. I also used two pieces of hair in some of the picots to make the hair a bit thicker. Thank you for running this fun game; I am glad I had the opportunity to participate. 
-Sophitia from Montana, USA"
Unbelievable, Sophitia.  I think you've done an amazing job considering hos short a time you've been tatting.  Give yourself a BIG pat on the back.  



Now I have the next mermaid and this time it's from Erzsebet who says:
72. "Dear Jane!
I changed ...
Sincerely Erzsebet"




No comments: