Sunday 11 January 2015

More newcomers with days 1 & 2

Happy Sunday and the weather looks good here. I'll 'test' it later.

First in today with both days is Fiona who says:-
"Hi Jane, 
Please find attached my new picture from Day 1 (Thanks Muskaan for the heads up) with the attachments in the correct button hole. I did try to unpick the second ring, but ended up splitting the thread, So I started again :) Day 2 was much easier- since we conquered the button attachment and lockchain on Day 1- both things I hadn't really tried before. Thanks Jane for building our skills in these easy to manage segments. Looking forward to day 3... 
Cheers from rainy Melbourne 
Fiona T- OneMadTatter"


Nest is Diane who says:-
"Good morning, Jane! 
Today’s tat was just my speed… I haven’t finished my first cup of coffee yet! 
Diane"

Another new joiner today - welcome Marla. Here's her picture and comment:-
"Yes, I'm late to the party..... and I started out with size 80! :-O 
Yes, I'm not off to a great start.... so as not to waste the thread I will continue with the size 80 and also do a size 20 version.... I don't know what it is yet.... 
but!... what ever it turns out to be I will have both a mamma and a baby! :) 
Might be kind of funny if it turns out to be a steam shovel! 
-- 
Marla"


With the help of Oonah, her cat, Maggie has been able to complete her day 2!!!
" Hi Jane - Day 2 went much better than Day 1 as the 'demon button' decided to behave. This may be due to my feline tatting assistant, Oonagh Luna, threatening to abscond with it and do dire things. She watched the tatting VERY carefully and the button behaved so I finished without incident.
I'm now thinking the button is an eye and the string of rings is an arm or maybe a beak - an octopus or a bird? Oonagh Luna just wants it to be a toy.
Maggie"


Another new arrival is Mistene with her days 1 and 2. Welcome Mistene.
"Hi Jane. This is my first time participating in the Tat it and See while it's actually going on! I'm using Lizbeth size 20, color Victorian Red.
I have no solid guesses yet as to what it will be. Maybe some type of insect??
~Mistene"



I have a full inbox with about 6 more to upload that have come in overnight. I'm afraid I'll have to leave the rest after Laurie's until I've had breakfast and been to help a lady with her ipad. They will all be done later. Sorry.

Meanwhile here's Laurie's.
" Hi Jane,
After several years of conflicts whenever TIAS came up, I finally get to participate. I'm using Lizbeth #694 Harvest Orange Medium. Hopefully whatever we're making doesn't look strange in orange! :-)
Attached is my progress so far.
Laurie
Florida"


Back home again and now trying to catch up with the overnight emails. 
First in is from Bernice:-
"My contributions for Day 2. Oh, seems the TIAS has a buddy."
That's funny, Bernice - are they twins? Well, not identical!! 


Next in is from Alva who says:-
"Gold night Jane. México present. This is my Day 2 . 
Thanks for taking the time to organize this world wide game. It is really fun 
Hugs. 
Alva Alicia Burrola 
Tijuana Baja California"
Good to see you, Alva.


Phewwww, my fingers are flying this morning.

Next is Jenn who says:-
"Got this one done late today. People are making some good guesses as to what it will be already. I'm thinking it could be a seahorse. 
Jenn"


Back with her day 2 is Rose Anne who says:-
"Well this day's steps went smoothly the first time - that's good! I too thought this might be a "turtle" but that's a guess. 
Rose Anne, Winnipeg, MB, CANADA 


Back from Sweden once more is Sara who says:-
"Hello! 
Day 2 from a snowy and stormy Sweden! And what shall I guess? Maybe a nice little robot!?" 

Sonya is next in with her day 2 and comment which is below:-
"Hi Jane, 
I almost forgot to check for today's installment! I was busy all day cleaning out the linen and game cabinets, and I have the pile of trash to show for it. I also have a pile of unwanted bed spreads to donate to a worthy cause. House work should not be distracting me from my tatting! 
I just came up with a guess - a horse, then chariot popped in to my mind. I am going with chariot. 
Weather report: cold with a slight chance of freezing rain in the morning. Temperature at the moment is 33*F, so it is above freezing for now. 
I forgot to name the thread I am using when submitting my day 1 pic - LizBeth #130 Island Breeze with a pink button. I think I have the button backwards, but I prefer them that way. I guess that makes it the right way. ;) 
Until next time, 
Sonya"

Hi to Claire who has just joined in with her days 1 and 2. Here's her comment:-
"Hello Jane, 
Here am I again this year for my second TIAS. It will introduce two new techniques for me: tatting around a button and the lock chain (which I will be using again for my bookmarks tails). 
As we are still very early in the game, I will make a wild guess and say that it is a horse-drown 2-wheels carriage. The button is the wheel of the carriage when we see it from the side. I probably made a similar guess last year... well, I'm a horse lover. ;-) 
I will post regularly about the TIAS on my blog : oclairedelune.wordpress.com and here is the direct link to the first post of this TIAS 2015
Thanks for putting so much effort into this TIAS. 
-- 
Claire"



Next to arrive is Clare with her comment:-
"Hi Jane! Day 2 done! No idea what it is but that's the fun part! Still no sign of the blue in my thread to match the button but maybe on Day 3...? :) 
Cheers, Clare"

Finally in this morning's batch of emails is Jo who has this to say:-
"Hi Jane 
Late starting this year so I did days 1 and 2 in one go. My thread this year is Lizbeth purple iris fusion. 
This is my first time joining to a button and I wasn't sure whether or not to do a half stitch (2nd half of ds) after the join which is why I think my first 2 joins don't look so good - the third join does have the half stitch and looks a lot better I think. 
Jo in the UK"


Emilia has now popped in with her days 1 and 2. She says:-
"Hi Jane, 
What better than spending a rainy day with tatting. Attached the pictures with the result from day one and two. 
A little late, sorry, but luckily in time for the next part. I have no idea what it will become, yet. 
So please release the next part soon, maybe it will be clear then. 
Kind regards, Emilia Netherlands"




Next in is Kathy with her combined days 1 and 2. She says:-

"Good morning my friend! 
I have attached a picture of Days 1 and 2 of my attempt at your 2015 TIAS. I can’t venture a guess where this is headed and what it will be. It’s quite possible I may actually arrive at a different place than you intend as I also have much assistance from cats. I found years ago that it is not wise to work with any type of fiber where it might be dangling anywhere in the vicinity of a cat’s mouth. I believe a cat thinks its function in the needlework world is to act as a scissors .. oh, and to add fiber to the working fiber is also a true cat calling :>) 
Thanks for your hard work and for sharing your talents by providing us with this TIAS “game.” May you have a very blessed day and week! I look forward to your next installment. 
Hugs from Hodgekat in Tennessee 
Kathy"


Kat has now returned with her day 2 and the following comment and picture:-
"No mistakes this time, I hope! I'm guessing it's a starfish for now. :-) 
-Kat 


Katie V has now returned with her day 2:-
"HI,Jane, 
While the cats are pausing to look 
and hope for a chance at the hook, 
it’s about the design that I wonder, 
“Jane, what in tarnation and thunder?” 
Some guesses so far include umbrella foot stand, plant, the scream (!!), unicycle, 2-wheeled chariot or carriage, heart, fly, mosquito, turtle, bat, octopus, bird, seahorse, crocodile, or the annual rabbit! 
Yep, Jane, we’re having a whooping good time! 
Katie V in NC"
Hmmmm, as we say back here in England - you're 'hedging your bets' Katie V!!!!

Denise has arrived next with her day 2. She says:-
"Here is day 2. So far I am guessing a flower. 
Denise Royal 
www.wickedcrochet.com"

Now it's so good to see Adrian back too. Here's what he says with his day 1 and day 2 combined.
"Well, I've started... So far, so good. :) 
I haven't a clue what it could be yet! 
Adrian"


Another friend returning this year with her day 1. Hi, Wendy.
"Hello Jane, 
It's obviously an elephant. 😁 
Wendy"

Back about half an hour later is Wendy with her day 2:-
"Hello Jane, 
There's the trunk, button for an eye .... 
Wendy 
btw. Thanks for organising this x" 


Now for those who've asked about Katie's beautiful shuttles - here's her answer:-
"Most of my shuttles are Chris Hinton/The Shuttle Shop shuttles. Chris used a laser to cut the pieces. That laser broke. These shuttles are made no more. His workmanship was magnificent--even my woodworker husband thought so. I have lots of them and love using them. 
Katie"

No comments: