Sunday 22 January 2017

Day 5 now available


First in today is Lori with her day 4 and this comment:
"Well I have finally caught up to day 4. Thanks to Martha for how to do the Zchain!!! 
Thanks 
Lori"


Next in and very welcome too, is Lelia who has just joined us with her day 1.
"Dear Jane: 
I will catch up to the other participants (soon). 
Attached is my day one. 
Always, Carol blogging as "Lelia" 
Stitches of Life II 


Claire is back now with her day 2. She says:
"Hello Jane, 
Here is my day 2. It's now quite symmetrical. Could still be a horse, but we will have to wait and see. 
More details on my blog: 
Thank you for the fun guessing game. 
--- 
Claire (BC, Canada)"


Muskaan is the first in with day 5. I think she must be waiting in front of the computer each day!!!
"Dear Jane 
Your mischief knows no spatial bounds - Day 4 release chopped world #2 off the tournament and Day 5 release saw your own world #1 walking off the Australian Open court ;-P 
May be this is a huge butterfly drone you are using to keep track :-D 
Hugs 
muskaan :-) 
Not sure what language you're speaking, muskaan, but I'm guessing you're 'talking tennis'?


Second in is Sonja who has a good guess too!
"Hello Jane, 
Here is my day 5. I still think it is a ladyBut you are very clever to make something else of it. :-) 
Sonja from a cold, but sunny Holland"

I think Maureen's invented a new technique!!!! I've never heard of thread chicken before but I've done it MANY times!!!
"Here is Day 4 corrected 4 times, and Day 5 - I was looking forward to more zig zags, now that I'm so very good at them! - I even had a sustaining little drink to help me concentrate. 
When we started, I was so careful to wind the correct amount of thread onto the shuttles, but I think that I am now officially playing Thread Chicken, because I can see bare space on the posts. Playing Thread Chicken involves tatting a lot faster, of course, so that you can reach the end of the split rings before the thread runs out."
That looks like my favourite tipple - G & T!!!!


Claudia is the next in the inbox with her day 5. She says:
"Good Morning Jane 
Here comes my day 5, well, for a hot air balloon it looks strange, but everything is possible..... 
Now I will make a good sunday breakfast and then looking some Sport on TV. 
Have a nice Sunday and a good start in the new week. Greetings from Zurich 
Claudia"
A little later in the morning I had a further conversation with Claudia and she is watching the International Festival of Balloons so now I know why she is talking about balloons!!!  Here's the link for everybody to see.  


Next in is one of my intrepid translators - Julie. She says:
"Hello Jane ! 
I don't remember if I send you my day 4 picture so I join it to this e mail."


Irene is back with her days 4 and 5 and she says:
"Hi Jane, 
Thank you for your help, you're doing very well your patterns, it is I who can not read. 
Here are day 4 corrected and day 5. 
But I still do not know what this will become. 
Kiss"


Jacee is a very determined tatter!!! She's made up her mind what she thinks it's going to be and nothing is going to change it!!!
"Hello Jane, 
I still hold on to my belief that she is a crinoline lady. 
Jacee"


Fiona from 'down under' is next with her day 5. She says:
"Hi Jane 
Bit late with my day 5 today as were were out to dinner on this beautiful warm Sunday evening. 
I agree with Muskaan's line of thinking...perhaps this is a butterfly? 
Only time will tell! 
Best wishes 


What a shame. Sue has decided it isn't an elephant's foot umbrella stand. This reminds me of Maureen who decided at this point last year that her TIAS wasn't going to be her longed for rabbit. Keep hoping, Sue.
"Ok... so I don't see a way of attaching a handle to this umbrella stand... or umbrella for that matter... maybe a jellyfish??"


Just back from a walk and I find the first person in my inbox is Emilia. She sends in days 4 and 5 with this comment:
"Hi Jane, 
This are the day 4 and 5. It crossed my mind that it could be an roman vase. Very stylish. Waiting for the next part to see if I'm right. 
Met vriendelijke groet, 
Emilia Teerds-de Jonge."



Annie is next in with her day 5 and she says:
"Hi Jane, 
Here is my work of Day5. 
Does not look like a dinosaurus now... 
Happy tatting from Indonesia, 
Annie"


Blanche is next with her day 5 and she's decided to start again! She says:
"Hey Jane 
I felt disappointed with my first tias because I made too much weird things. So I started over from day 1 again with another thread (from Edda Guastalla) 
With this coloured tias, I now think we are tatting a tanoura dancer. 
But I'm not sure I'm right, I must say ;-) 
Thanks again ! 
Blanche"



I now have Tim in my inbox with his day 5. He has been helping others too.
"My day 5, Jane. I explained the zigzag at the Palmetto Tatters yesterday. Now they are back on track. 
Tim 
K4TGK"
Oh, I haven't seen any Palmetto Tatters taking part in the TIAS.  That's good news.  


AnSo is next to arrive with both day 4 and day 5. She says:
"Hi Jane,
My day 4 and 5.
I'm a little late on day 4 but I’m up to date now. I still have no idea.
Thanks
AnSo Alia"



Next in is P Melanie who says:
"I can't imagine what it can be, but I think I like it!"



Ankie is the next into my inbox. She says:
"Hallo Jane,
Dag 4 en 5.
Hr.gr. groetjes. Ankie Kaspers

Hi Jane,
Day 4 and 5.
Hr.gr. Greetings. Ankie Kaspers"


Jane has just arrived in my inbox and she has another idea!
"Hi Jane,
Day 5. It’s Cinderella’s pumpkin!"


Next in is from Anna who is one of the Hungarian tatters. My thanks to Jolimama for sending this for her.


WOW - Katie's back in force with SIX day 5's!!!! I'm sure I don't know how you do it each year, Katie.
"Hi, Jane! 
My series of six Day 5 "somethings". I like Muskaan's suggestion of a butterfly! But who knows?! 
Thanks for all the fun, Jane! 
Katie V in NC"


Next to arrive is Linda with her day 4. She says:
"This is my day 4 of T.I.A.S. I think also that it might be a basket of a hot air balloon?
Linda Barnes
In Virginia, US"

Poor AnSo realised she'd made a mistake on her TIAS. Only a small one but it would've meant that the finished piece wouldn't have worked out so she's now put it right and says:
"You right, that’s exactly what i did. I hope this time it is good. 
I changed the thread, it’s summer fun in lizbeth 20 (a little summer in this cold winter). 
Starting again, i had the impression of making a crown or R2D2 from star wars."
Sorry for my english 
I look forward to day 6 
Thank you 
AnSo Alia"
AnSo your English is EXCELLENT. I have NO trouble understanding you. I like your guesses too.  I'm sorry I lost your picture but very pleased you sent it to me again.  THANK YOU.

Caroline is next into the inbox. This is her comment and her picture:
"Hello 
I re-tatted zigzag chain . and made day 5
I think still for a teapot or cushion for ;) 
Thank again for this tat-along ;)"
Ooooh, I like those ideas.  It could be either!!!


Judy is next with her day five and she says:
"Jane, 
I have decided to make a wind chime out of my metal tatting shuttles. They have a nice clinking noise and twist on each other oh so well.."
That's a great idea, Judy.  They would soon go rusty in our climate, though!!!!  Love your picture.


Next to arrive is Jolimama. I'm so pleased to see her. She says:
"Drága Jane! 
Elkészült az enyém is, ez most könnyebb volt :-) Kíváncsian várom a következő mintát :-) 
Barátsággal: Jolimama

Dear Jane! 
Completed mine, it was now easier :-) :-) I look forward to the next sample 
Friendship Joli Mama"
Én értékelem a kép. Azt akarom, hogy a Magyarországon most. Anglia annyira unalmas !!!
I do appreciate your pictures.  I want to go to Hungary now.  England is so dull!!!


How lovely to see Marco back again this year. A good friend who has taken part many times before. Hi, Marco.
"Hello Jane, 
Started my TIAS tonight. 
I think IT could be a butterfly..... 
But i think you will surprise us 
Greetings Marco"
I hope I do surprise you, Marco. It may be a butterfly but it maybe something else!!!

Claire asks a simple question
"Hello Jane!
Is it a pumpkin????"
The answer? I'm not telling!!!


The next to arrive is Denise who is unsure. She says:
"Liking the snake one or maybe a dress."

Wendy may have another idea apart from her original (St Paul's Cathedral). 
"Do you know it could still be St Paul's dome or a parrot's cage. 
Wendy x"
There's a bit of a difference between a cathedral dome and a parrot's cage, Wendy!!!!


Bernice has been looking at her TIAS from another angle which is a good idea. She says:
"Hi Jane, 
I am using Lizbeth 20 Wildflower. If I hold this upside down it looks like a tulip flower. 
Cheers, 
Bernice in Western (Snowy) Canada"


2 comments:

Maureen said...

Actually, now that Muskaan has mentioned it, it does indeed look like a butterfly! But I keep remembering that bead we are to have ready for Part 2.....

muskaan said...

Only time, personified by you, will tell whether our guess is right, but You guessed correctly - it is tennis :-) No wonder you are the master !