Thursday 20 February 2014

Doldrums!

Sadly all sailing boats have hit the doldrums. No new ones to show today so far!!!

Well I hope it's the doldrums and not pirates that have caused the problem!!!!

You'll never believe this but just after I'd posted this Tine sent in her boat!!!  Thanks for cheering me up, Tine!!!
68.  "Hello Jane.
This is late, but I was verry buzzy.
This is mine sailing boat.
It was verry nice to do, so I am waiting for the next Tias.
Greets Tine Vedder the Netherlands."

Somebody else has arrived to take us out of the doldrums - welcome, Lou.  Here's what she says:-
69.  "HI Jane!  Thanks for making my Jan/Feb after the holidays Great!!! You kept me guessing right my until the last days. I used Lizbeth thread purple left on my shuttles so not sure which one exactly and the new twirlz winter ice.    My boat is sailing thru our Puget Sound with the Olympia Mountains in the background.  I love all your patterns  Thanks for sharing!!! Lou Dawn Renton, WA USA"

Next to arrive is Suzanne who has sympathy for anybody who doesn't like split rings!
70.  "It is a very fine sailboat indeed!  We had all kinds of fun with split rings; leading to a fabulous result.  It really is an excellent design.  Thank you.  P.S. I feel very sorry for anyone participating in the TIAS who was not totally in love with split rings.  They were likely tearing their hair out over all those second side joins.
My sailboat came from sunny Santa Barbara, USA"

Barbara has now sent in her finished boat with this comment:-
71.  "Hi Jane,
I'm behind!  Here's my Day 15. I'd been using this blue background for my photos of the tatting not realizing I was tatting a sailboat!  
Barbara"

Next to arrive is Joanie and she's just sent in her boat too.  Here's her comment:-
72.  "Well, Jane, I have no imagination on putting a background with my sailing ship! BUT it is finished!!! : )
Thank you (and all of your participants!) for a fun, humorous winter game! 
I live in Sebring, FL and used #20 Opera in Parasol Pink and Cradle Pink.  Joanie"


No comments: