Thursday 20 January 2011

Thursday morning and more pictures!!!

First of all - tomorrow will be day 4 as I THINK everybody has caught up.  Well, not strictly true as some of the following are 'starters' too!!!  Even better is knowing that more people are joining in.  Because of this my 'counting system' (cough, cough, splutter, splutter) has got thrown out of the window so what I'm going to do is have a final tally at the end - when the finished ?£&*@%> come in!!!  Then I'll let you know with a 'Jane countometer' on the final blog post!!!!

So, first today is from Caroline who says:-
"I see several things in this but no real definite guess like I had with the rooster.  That one was easy for me.
The first thing I thought of was a dragon fly - today I see a cross but the top is not quite long enough.  Guess I will have to be patient and wait."
Next in is from Sherry who I think expects an answer to her question!!!  I'm giving no clues, Sherry!!!!
"Here is my TIAS. I did two of them since I haven't a clue what this TIAS is...so tell me Janey, O Janey...which one of these will look better as the finished TIAS?"
Next in with day 2 is from Tatteristic who has this to say:-
"I'm a little behind in getting this to you but here's my Day 2 of the TIAS. I don't have a clue what it could be but I'm enjoying the tatting and will love whatever it is.  BTW, I love the 'hiding the thread' trick aka continuous thread join - it's awesome!"
Now into my inbox is Typstatting's day 3 and her comment which is:-
"Hi Jane! Here is my day 3 of TIAS still wondering what it will be!"
Next is Sue Anna who says:-
"Attached is my day 3 TIAS. I still am shaking my head on what it is and hoping day 4 might shed some light on it. Thanks again for the fun! Sue Anna."
Now into the inbox is Sarah's picture and comment which left me shivering!!!
"Hi Jane, Here's day 3. I'm a little late getting this to you because snow and ice removal  had to be taken care of before I could get to the fun stuff. :-).
Every time I turn it a different way it conjures up a different idea of what it will end up being. It is sort of like when we were children and used to watch pictures form in the clouds on summer days.  Hey who am I trying to kid...this silly old girl still likes to sit in the garden and watch the clouds form pictures... and on this wet, icy, winter day, oh  how nice it would be to be in the garden! Oh well, I will be content with a cozy chair and your TIAS. Thank you for sending us some summer fun on a winter's day. "

Next in is a new participant who has sent in Day 3.  Thanks Karen L.  Here's her picture and comment:-
"I got started late, but have caught up with everyone. It will be interesting to see if minne looks like the others that are participating."

Now we have Katharine B who says:-
"I am from the Palmetto Tatters Guild.  I am sending my TIAS for day 3.  The tatting isn't that great, but I hope I am on track."


Now we have Sandra E's comments and picture and she says:-
"My guess - it's a submarine!"

Next is from Yuma Tatter who says:-
"Mr. Cent A. Pede now has class with his new top hat!"


Next in is a comment from Ridgewoman who says:-
"After day three I’ve decided it is the mythical Chubacabra....OR a Southwestern Jackalope!  hehehe"

Next is from Jane M who says:-
"Hi Jane, day 3 at last. I can't believe I made a mistake! Had to wait for a new day to have enough light and concentration to retrotat! Happy tats, Jane"

Next is from Patsy who found a mistake in the pattern.  This is in spite of two people working it for me first!!!  Here's what our eagle eyed tatter has to say:-
"On Ring 14, I think there's a typographical error.  Shouldn't that be "join to ring 13" and not, join to "split ring" 13?  So far it's hard to figure out what the end product will be, but right now, it looks like the smoke stack on a ship."

Next in on this dreary afternoon in the UK is from Monica who is on holiday!!!  She is sending in days 1 & 2 and this is what she has to say:-
"I'm online only for a short while, to check at which part of the TIAS you are, and show you my days 1 and 2. I have started day 3 but not finished it yet, so it seems I am right on!
I now bet this is going to be a shark, of the hammer fish snout. Not really! But it is the best I can come up with!  I hope you and all the participants are having a lot of fun with this!
Monica (from the /almost/ internet-less mountains)"

Next I had an email from Nancy L with her day 2 & 3 combined.  She says:-
"Sorry late in sending my picture of day 2 and 3. No guess as to what it is yet, but thanks for keeping my mind and hands busy. Thanks again for using techniques  (i don't use) as often as i would like. What a challenge. Sorry late in sending my picture of day 2 and 3. No guess as to what it is yet, but thanks for keeping my mind and hands busy. Thanks again for using techniques  (i don't use) as often as i would like. What a challenge."
Don't worry Nancy - there's no such thing as 'late' in a TIAS.  Remember one Norman staggered onto the blog a year after that challenge started!!!!

 Next into my inbox is Ridgewoman who says:-
"After day three I’ve decided it is the mythical Chubacabra....OR a Southwestern Jackalope!  hehehe"





Finally on my way to bed I've just picked up this from Terry who says:-
"I have finished up day 3 and am in the dark on what this is. If I look at it and squint it looks a bit like a mosquito - except ours are considerably larger ;-).  I'm eagerly looking forward to the coming days. Thanks for hosting this game."


5 comments:

Ridgewoman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ridgewoman said...

Ridgewoman has lost her mind...I THOUGHT I sent a photo of Day Three; but, no, it was a figment of my imagination. Like a Chubacabre or Jackalope! It may not be an animal at all! Who knows. Only brain cell #3!
I deleted myself and am adding this comment. Are we having fun yet? LOL
Yes, yes, tons!
xxP

Sewicked said...

*pout* where's mine? *puppy eyes*

Coretta from Confetti said...

I know I am! Just reading at this point, I will catch up when I can sit up long enough to tat.

Ridgewoman said...

Wait a TEXAS minute ~ aren’t boats LAUNCHED?????? HUMMMMMM?????