Wednesday 5 January 2011

Introduction and practice piece for TIAS 2011

Good morning.  Here is the link to the introduction and practice piece for the TIAS 2011. 

All links will be at the top of the page (above the posts) as they are released.

Please do shout if you need any help with this.  I'll be around all day and for the duration of the game.

My thanks must go wholeheartedly to three special people for being 'there' and for the following reasons. Gina (tattinggoddess) who has tested the whole pattern (brave woman!), Riet (Bengelblog) who is gallantly translating the whole thing into Dutch for her tatting group and finally Ridgewoman who tested the practice piece out for me with even fewer pictures.  She always says she can't 'fathom' techniques very easily so this is why I asked her to try it ahead of the TIAS!!!  I'm pleased to report that she flew through it!!!

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I don't know one bead from another, and of course mine aren't labeled... still, I'll be trying this sample piece when I get home tonight! Two colors? Hmmm... I wonder if I need to add to my stash... ; )

Ridgewoman said...

Thanks for the how to measure bead size. That is really handy.
Finished practice piece....

xxx P
PS Also, thanx for the tutorial on placing a bead in the center of a SR.

Isa said...

Hi Jane I'm ready for TIAS 2011!
Thanks!
Isa

bjhuff said...

I am willing to give it a try!!!

Anonymous said...

I think e-beads are the right size, or close to it. I have to make space on my camera today so I can send a pic of my practice piece. It's very clever and easy indeed! Thanks Jane.

Marion

Sewicked said...

Here's the link to my blog with my TIAS so far (the pictures are all the way at the bottom) http://sewicked.blogspot.com/