Saturday 8 January 2011

Another practice piece!

I have a friend called Isa who sits by her computer and waits for me to put each day's TIAS part out on this blog.  This is Isa's blog.

I usually let the blog posts 'go out' at 8.45 in the morning (that's GMT) and then wander off to have a shower.  Yes, I know I'm late but I am retired and that's one of the bonuses of getting older - taking your time over things!!! 


Well by the time I've had my shower Isa's daily TIAS piece is usually in my inbox!!!  Nick and I giggle about her and her speed at getting it done.  Her way of 'showing off' her pieces is very funny too - wait until you see it!!!!!

Here is Isa's practice piece.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I, on the other hand, am a slow poke. I sure hope I can find time to try the practice piece today.

IsDihara said...

I did my practice piece last evening and ran to the computer to compare it with the two samples shown.

One thing I have noticed is that the two samples are both tatted with red rings. My rings are also red.

Could it be the result of Christmas tatting, great minds thinking alike or...???

Ridgewoman said...

Were we supposed to ‘show’ the practice pieces ~ you already have mine ~ LOL
But I did do another, just to be a ‘good’ student.
I used yellow this time. My biggest decision with TIAS are always concerned with the color of the thread.
So, I need a darker thread for one part and assume a lighter thread for other part and a size 9 (or close) bead. I have a lot of 8’s but would really have to ‘hunt’ for a 9 (probably one lurking some place).
I have trouble with red because it is hard for me to check the stitching.

xxxx P

Jane Eborall said...

No, Ridgewoman, you don't have to show the practice piece but as a couple of people sent theirs in I thought it would add some encouragement to others!! Size 8 beads will be fine although smaller than 9 might be better. Don't fret about it, though - the piece will adapt!!! No also red isn't really the right colour for the £%^&***£"! so again don't put yourself through agony thinking it's got to be red.