Sunday 30 January 2011

Sunday and day 7

Well here's day 7 to keep you busy.  Wonder what guesses will come in after this?  


Day 8 will be on Wednesday.


Oh, the fun has started in earnest today with a grudge match (purely in fun) between tatters from totally different parts of the world.  BUT you'll have to scroll down to learn more as I take all messages in order of the first to last into my inbox.  Here we go.


First is day 4 from Monica who says:-
"I have here a (crappy) picture of my day four TIAS piece. I did not get a day 3 one, as I was on a car when I finished it. This will be the TIAS piece tatted with best scenery! I now think it will be a submarine. I seem to be fixed with the sea!"
Monica is still working on the TIAS against all the odds and I've had this later message from her too:-
"I also did day 5, and then most of us agreed it will be an air plane, except my man who put it "sideways" and said it looked like a penguin.  I am sorry I can't send you a pic yet now. I see you have gone on to day 6, I'll try to copy it and work a bit at it on the car tomorrow."
Don't worry, Monica, there's no time limit on this.


Next is Marion with days 5 and 6 and she says:-
"For some reason I didn't get day 5, but I did remember to take pics this time.  I'm leaning toward a penguin now as well.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow's segment will be!  We also got another foot of snow!"



Next in is from Ridgewoman who says:-
"I’m not happy with it; but, here it is.  Picots are a little big for this size bead.   Since you worked the cat tail first, I’m thinking we began this at the back end first ~ what-ever-it-is....LOL"


Next is from Mary who says this:-
"I have finished later, but I finished."


Now I have a comment from Tine who says:-
"Now the Tias looks like the backsite of an aeroplane.  Greets Tine The Netherlands"


Now this is SO funny.  I knew that Maureen (Australia) and Isa (Sweden) were trying to be first with both their stages of the TIAS but I didn't realise that Omar (Australia) was in on the race too!!!!  So today's first in with her offering is 


WAIT for it


OMAR!!!!  


Here's her admission of what she was doing!!!
"Hi Jane.  I thought I would see what it takes to get in before Isa and Maureen.  I’m patiently hitting f5 to refresh the page with shuttle and ball in hand. Lol.  Well I’ve tatted, scanned, cropped, and inserted.....Hasn’t helped ...I haven’t the foggiest....I’m with Maureen It’s a Rabbit!!!!"


Following Omar is, of course, Isa!!!!  Don't be cross, Isa, you've been first nearly every day!!!!  
This is what she says:-
"From a wonderful winter day here in south of Sweden I send you my TIAS day 7.  Have a happy Sunday and now I'm going to the Church.  I'm insist it's a crocodile :)"

Next in (after shower and breakfast) is from Valerie who seems to still be puzzled!!!  She says:-
"Here's Day 7. WHAT is IT? :)"

Later on Sunday (actually it's the afternoon) and I've had a very upset Isa back into my inbox!!!!!  She's so upset (teasing!!).  Here's what she says:-
"Jane I'm crying and crying hahahha but you know I couldn't have my computer on line early as every morning, the server  was down and when it comes, TIAS day 7 was alredy in your page. But next Wednesday I'll be the first one :)"
There you go Omar and Maureen the gauntlet has been thrown down!!!!


Following Isa's remark comes Nima who is still trying to work it out!!  Here's what she says:-
"Here is my day 7 progress...Can't wait for next day...from catapillar to seahorse to turtle ...and my todays guess is a giant lizard...lol...this is the exciting part of TIAS...guessing according to the progress."


Next in is Maureen who says:-
"Hmmm. I will have to bring in the Big Guns soon, I can see a definite Absence of Rabbit evolving - it would help if I knew which way was UP!"


Now popping into my inbox is Elizabeth who says:-
"OK Jane.  Here is TIAS 7.  Looks like an anteater to me but I am sure it is not.  Guess we will see."


Next in is from Heather M who has this to say:-
"Hi Jane, it was nice to see my sister's tatting up on your page too... it was also nice to wake up to see you had day 7 up, it is snowing here again. I am back to having no guess at all, but still having LOTS of fun... thanks  heather"


Next in is Sharren who has great 'flights of fancy' when guessing what this is!!!  Here's what she says:-
"Well - I thought I might be on to something when I guessed opera-loving-aria-singing animal, but with this new part, that guess sort of goes out the window!  Hmm...with the new bit coming at a right angle, it sort of looks like a bent knee - so the animal (?) could be running or moving with arms outstretched.  Maybe it's auditioning for The Sound of Music - hoping for Julie Andrews' role??"


Here is Heather J who is a little behind - not that it matters one bit.  Here are her days 3, 4 and 5.  She says:-
"here is day 3, 4, and 5.  I was going to guess airplane like someone else did and now that I look at it it seems to me like a lizard, alligator or crocodile.  I have day 6 printed and ready I feel pretty good today I may get around to it unless the beads call my name again."




Every time I get up to leave the computer somebody else 'drops in'.  Whooppeeeee.  I LOVE it. 
This time it's Rose Anne who seems to think she really does know what this is.  She says:-
"OK I was up till 2:00 am so checked before shutting down but guess that was too early for you Jane!  LOL!  Then up and attem at 7:30 am to tat my airplane - yeppers I think that is what this TIAS is gonna grow up to be!!!  Sheesh now I better go crash for an hour or my tatting afternoon with the Lace girls will be for naught!!!"


Next in is from Terry who has this to say:-
"Good Morning Jane, I've included my latest effort. Last night after a martini(s), I was thinking that rotated tail down, this looked a bit like a chicken foot. Or, rotated tail up, a gusher from an oil derrick. The new addition (and sobriety?) has convinced me otherwise. I'm sticking with my airplane guess for now."


Now visiting my inbox is Becky who has a short comment.  She says:-
"Jane here it is still looks like a lizard!"  Short but sweet.  BUT is she right?
Now I present Wanda's day 7.  She's thinking the opposite to a lot of people - I wonder who is right, though?  Her comment was:-
"Hello Jane. When starting today's piece I realized I forgot a picot when doing day 6 so I had to go back and fix it.  At least I didn't have a lot to redo! It doesn't look like an airplane today."

Must add this comment which has just come from Pam.  She's working on the TIAS but has had computer problems.  This is her quick comment:-
"I've just finished day's 6-7 but haven't scanned yet but would like to make a serious guess.  I think that in celebration of our Australian friends it's a Duck Billed Platypuss.  Hope I'm right."


My apologies to Isabel - I missed her picture of day 6 yesterday. I am so sorry.  So here today is day 6 and day 7.  Isabel says:-
"Here, I sent it again, I think that young girl did you feel like YELLOW SUBMARINE THE BEATLES, and you dress again jumping at concerts, jejejeje, ...... So, here, have, Day 6 and Day 7 .......... And so far, I'm in the deep sea, jejejejejejej ......... I sky into the sea, jejejejejej ............. what fun!!"


Next this dark, cold January evening is a message from Emilia in The Netherlands who has had a few problems with her cat which sadly kept her busy.  She sends in her days 5, 6 and 7 and says:-
"Sorry that I waited so long for contacting you with the results of day 5, 6 and 7. I like it still to participate,  it is much fun. I still think were making some kind of crocodile or lizard.  Curios for day 8, with best regards Emilia."



 Next is Caroline who has this to say:-
"Looking more like something now.  Snow flurries in the air.  Is to keep up through Tuesday." 

 Next into the inbox is a message and a picture from Sandy S who says:-
"Can't believe the 'thingee' is still unknown! Have enlisted family members guesses and they are flummoxed too. So, my current guess is a plane with lizardly qualities - or a lizard with planely qualities!  I'm sure Day 8 will clear things up (ha, ha!). And your pdf file name today makes me hungry...chips..yum!!!" 
 Well next we have another dedicated tatter.  Poor Sonja has flu but has still managed to keep up and has done day 7.  Thank you for the lovely drawing showing the finished piece - with a rider on it too, Sonja.
 
Next is from Anke who says this:-
"I did day 6 very late on friday evening and had to work all saterday so I had no time to send it seperately.  But now here come day 6 and 7 together.  But I still have no clue - I guess I am unimaginative..."

Nearly my bedtime but time for another one or two more on the list today.  This one is from JB with a big surprise for me when I opened the image!!!  Here's what JB says:-
"Well, when I read that Ann had consulted with the brilliant bird "Norman" and he didn't have a clue. I decided that I must consult the three fabulous "fairies". So, I asked fairies Beatrice, Heidi, and Jane--they have supernatural powers you know. They agreed with me that it must be an Alligator. Therefore, I am sticking with my original guess--an Alligator. It's crawling along.  I’m looking forward to day 8."

Last in this evening is from Wendy who says this:-
"Well, now, I think it is some sort of lizard !!"

1 comment:

Ridgewoman said...

Do you know how hard it is to keyboard with a Pippa lying on my chest and reaching a tentative paw forward to hit the space bar? ’Tis a challenge!
I’m amazed at the over 15,3-- count of people who have visited. Still intrigues me that you can set in Stratford, give us bits of patterns, wisdom and humor; and, it flies about the world with many different sorts of people in different sorts of places, peering at their window to the world ~ that screen that lets us all connect with one another. It is an amazing thing, really.
Well, off to do day 7 here in NM ~ it is almost 9 AM...Pippa paws ‘hello’ as she drifts into a dream state, her slight weight upon my chest (she’s gained a pound since she came to own us).
xxxxx P