Sunday 31 January 2021

Sunday's arrivals

Before I start I must add (and will amend the day 10 too) that it would be better to use the lighter thread to start day 10. Sorry - forgot to point that out.


First in today is Rose Anne and this is what she says

"Hmmmm now that Day 9 is complete, a halfway finished TIAS, I'm back to my swimming beaver or maybe a skunk guess. Maybe the second part will be building of the body around the no picot part adding 2 eyes and a nose at the end before finishing the body off? Jane is so sneaky with her blog comments.
Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 

Have you got into my brain, Rose Anne? It could be that BUT there again it's probably something entirely different!!!


Next in is Judy who simply says

"Jane,
Waiting for #10.. Maybe it is a brim of a hat..a snail...etc"

The brim of a hat is a good idea, Judy.  I wonder!!!



Christine has arrived with her day 9 and this is what she says

"Hello Jane!
Here is my progress on Day 9. I have no idea what it is!
To give the whats-it some company, I included my progress on the Valeire Square. It is my homework for the Online Tatting Class. Pattern from Anna Valeire Book #3, 1917.
I did notice that the insertion at the bottom of page 12 looks a lot like the beginning of our TIAS! Still doesn't help me figure out what we are making, though...
Have a great day! :)
-Christine in Alabama"

I'll take a closer look later, Christine.



Next to arrive is Bernice who says

"Mine won’t lay straight and I have  suspicions about those two VSP on the end.  Can hardly wait to see what you have up your sleeve. Shuttles are wound and bead ready.

Cheers,

Bernice"



Mary Jane has just arrived with her day 9. This is what she thinks!!!

"Hello Jane. I think it is a woolly worm. Waiting to give him his eyes.
Mary Jane. Indiana USA"

Claire is next and she says

"Hello Jane, 
Very happy to have been the first in your inbox yesterday. 
Just when I thought I was finally catching up, you published the next day... Oh well, we will try again tomorrow. 
Now, the current lace makes me think of the feet of a large penguin, but it will be too large of a project for a TIAS I believe. 
I guess we will find out pretty soon. 
Bye, 
---
Claire 

You will, Claire.  You will!!!



Catrin is the last in my inbox at the moment and she says

"Morning Jane,
So not a Lobster, then what? This is day 9 done and dusted although I had to do since fandangling in the penultimate chain as, contrary to my usual problem of too much thread left over, I was a couple of inches short on shuttle 1. I'll measure properly for the next stage !
Enjoy your Sunday.
Catrin"

Well your fandangling worked well and you got there, Catrin!!!


I was just walking away from the computer when Stephanie popped in. This is her comment

"Hi Jane!
DH is sticking with his squirrel guess, and I’ve thrown out my sea turtle guess. Still puzzling over the whatsis. I’m starting to wonder if maybe a certain person is right and it IS some sort of beaversquirrel.
Still having fun, still haven’t got a clue.
Have a terrific weekend.
Big hug!
Stephanie"

Tatiana is next with her lovely drawing too.  She says


 Bonjour Jane,

Je reste sur l'idée de l'escargot...
Le fil pour le jour 10 doit être plus fin, et d'une autre couleur ?
Merci 

Tatiana de France Hello Jane, I remain on the idea of the snail ... The thread for day 10 must be thinner, and of a different color? Thank youTatiana from France

No, the thread is the same size as the rest and I’d use the lighter colour.  Same colour as the middle of the last part. Hope you understand.


Next to arrive is Carol who says

 Dear Jane:
H m m m m .... could this be something crawling around in the garden?   Perhaps when we continue with another piece (Day 10) our bookmark will shape into something else!
Always, Carol
blogging as Lelia at Stitches of Life

Sorry, Carol but you’re going to have to wait and see!!!



Janet is next to arrive and she says

 Hi Jane, before day 10 tias I will have to search for  beads.  I have not used them in Tatting. Usually  i have made a picot.  My guess was an octopus but now I’ll just wait and see. All good Tatting wishes, Janet

You’ll be fine, Janet - I’ll talk you through!!!


Next to arrive is Valerie.  She has this to say

 Bonjour Jane,
Voici mon avancée au 9 jours.
Je pense a une brosse à cheveux. 
Bonne fin de journée 
Valerie de France 

Hello Jane, Here is my progress at 9 days. I am thinking of a hairbrush. Good evening Valerie from France”

That’s a really good guess, Valerie.  But I’m not sure it is a hairbrush!!!


KatieV is back with her little ‘gang’ of day 9’s.  She says

 Hi, Jane,
Well, here is my collection of Whatsits.  They are curious to find out what they are!  So am I!
Happy Sunday!
Looking for a little hint soon!
Katie V in NC USA”

Looking for a hint?  You know me better than that, KatieV.  I NEVER give hints!!!!










1 comment:

Pigmini said...

Stephanie.... That 'certain someone' wants to know why a certain TOG 'down south' has made Barmy Bonkers look more like a Bulrush!!! Mind you, I'm still sure it's the 'beaversquirrel'!! LOL