Sunday 24 January 2021

After a quiet day

Link to Day 6 can be found here.


The only TIAS I've had in since yesterday morning is from Irene who has just joined in and caught up with day 5. She says

"Hello Jane,
Thank for doing another TIAS. 
I didnt get started right away but have now caught up. I look forward to seeing what it is...no guesses from me!"

Welcome, Irene.  Thanks for joining us all.



Just FIVE minutes after day 6 hit this blog I have Jenni's in my inbox!!!  I think she must be psychic, or knows my routine or just sits by her computer hour after hour after hour!!!!  Personally I think she's realised that I post at 08:30 GMT!!!!!  Here's her day 6 with her guess.  

"Good morning Jane.
Changed my mind. A fox perhaps??"

Hmmmm, that's a new guess.  I wonder.  Still plenty of time and other guesses to come, I think.  


Shortly after Jenni came another Australian in the form of Maureen.  She must've been waiting by the computer too!!!  She says

"The gallery is growing, interest has been aroused on the shelf. Apart from seemingly having finished with the fluffy bits, Day 6 hasn’t made the mystery any clearer! Onward to Day 7."

Yes, Maureen - onward to day 7!!!  Love the little helpers!!!



Next is a newcomer to TIAS 2021 in the form of Claire.  Welcome to this year's TIAS.  She says

"Hello Jane, 
Thank you for creating a new TIAS this year. 
Please find attached the picture of my day 1. I think it will be an animal, because it calls for some beads, but which one? Maybe a Yeti?  
---
Claire (BC, Canada)

Good to see you back, Claire.


Next to arrive in my inbox this snowy (yes, I did say snow - a rare occurrence in my area of England) is Valerie who says

“ Bonjour Jane,
C'est avec impatience que j'attends la publication du nouveau défi. Par contre je devient perplexe car toutes mes idées s'envolent. 
Peut etre un boomerang ?
Vous devez bien rigoler de votre côté avec toutes ces idées qui nois passent par la tête. 
Bon dimanche.
Valerie de France 
Hello Jane, I look forward to the publication of the new challenge. On the other hand, I become perplexed because all my ideas fly away. Maybe a boomerang? You must have a good laugh on your end with all these dark ideas going through your head. Good Sunday. Valerie from France”

Oh, yes, Valerie - I do laugh!!!! A lot sometimes.



Cindy has just popped up in my inbox with her day 6 and she says

You have me stumped! I look forward to the next clue. I seem to be running out of my dark thread, wondering if I did not load enough or coming to an end. I will either use a leader and reload my shuttle or finger tat till I use it up. If I need to add more I can and will at the base of a ring. I use magic loops so pre planning is helpful.”

Well Cindy it looks as if you started with the wrong shuttle but this happens with a TIAS.  I’m sure you’ll sort it out.  I do have a good way of adding threads but haven’t sorted out the page to go on my pattern site yet.  



Hanneke has arrived next with her day 6 and this is what she says

“ Hi Jane,
I just finished day 6. By the way it looks I guess we will be tatting an easter bunny.”



Next we have a lovely photo of Marco’s leg/knee!!! This is what she says

“ Goodmorning,
Here is day 6.
Still no clue.
Greetings Marco

Thank you, Marco.


Valerie (not the same Valerie as earlier) has now sent in her day 6 with this comment

“ bonjour Jane, bonjour à tous, voici la suite de mon double 1000 pattes... qui perd ses pattes... étrange 😳 😂 bises à tous et bon dimanche (Valérie)
hello Jane, hello everyone, here is the rest of my double 1000 legs ... which loses its legs ... strange 😳 😂 kisses to all and good Sunday (Valérie)“

No legs on this part, Valerie!!  That’s IF they are legs, of course!!!



Next to arrive is Jolimamma who has sent in her day 6 along with this comment

“ Drága Jane! Itt a 6. nap munkája. Mindig öröm az elkészítése, minden nap közelebb hoz a megfejtéshez 😉 Nagyon szép napot kívánok.
Jolimama Magyarország
Dear Jane! Here is the work of day 6. It is always a pleasure to make, every day brings you closer to deciphering 😉 I wish you a very nice day. Jolimama Hungary“

Thank you, Jolimamma.  I hope your day is good too.



Now back to Australia again to speak to Lyn who says

 Hi Jane, 
At least I remembered the photo to day!
Thanks from a cooler Bridgetown WA
Lyn C”

No worries, Lyn if people forget the picture I just remind them and keep their comment for later.  Not a problem.



Agi is next to arrive - from Hungary.  She says

 The 6th day. :) 
Ági”


I love Jane’s comment!!!  Thanks for sending day 6, Jane.

 Hi Jane well, the tail sticks out very straight!?”



Next in my inbox is Anita - she’s thinking it’s going to be a beaver too.  I wonder!!!

 Hi Jane,
My day 6. The tail of a beaver?
:-) /Anita”


Just back from a walk in the snow to find that Edit is next in my inbox and she says

“ Köszönöm szépen,várom a következő részt.
Thank you very much, I look forward to the next part


Next to arrive is Catrin who says

“ Happy Sunday Jane, not a rest for you!
You're had right, I'm half Welsh (the shuttle was a Christmas present from a pacemaker friend this year) but it was my English mother who taught me to tat 😃
Here is my Day 6, I have NO idea... why no picots on this chain 🤔.
Looking forward to the next exciting installment !
Catrin”

No not a rest as such, Catrin but I’d rather be doing this than a lot of other things I could mention!!!

Sylvie has now decided it isn’t a rabbit!!!  She says

 Hi Jane, it’s not a rabbit ou course 😄!!
I’ve ont an other idee Today
Suspense....
Thank you for all of your messages.
Nice day for you!!
Sylvie ”


Erzsebet is next to pop into my inbox and she says

“ Hello Jane 6.nap szerintem ez egy tojás lesz. Közeledik a húsvét, a fiuk örömmel fogadják! 🐣
Hello Jane Day 6 I think this will be an egg. Easter is approaching, the boys welcome you! 🐣“


Now for a bonkers comment from a bonkers friend!!! Sue says

“ Hi Jane
Here’s the latest instalment in the evolving of Barmy Bonkers the Beaversquirrel!! Modelled this time on the other cat!?”



Janet is the next to drop into my inbox. She says

 Hi Jane, 
So pleased I haven’t to venture out today. I’m catching up on your TIAS.
Not guessing as to what it will be. Just enjoying the tatting, a few rings, picots and chains at a time. This is my work to date. Looking forward to day 7. Every good wish, take care stay safe. Janet.

Well I didn’t have to go out today, Janet but the snow and a friend tempted me out for a walk!!

Ildiko is next to arrive with her comment which is 

“jó estét kívánok Jane, nagyon érdekesen alakul
I wish you a good evening Jane, it turns out very interesting“


Corrine is back with her day 4 and this is what she has to say

“ Hi Jane,
Day 4 : a large leaf ?
Yes, I enjoy the game.”

Well it could be a leaf, Corrine but I’m not telling!!!!


Again Corrine is back again now with her day 5. She’s had a busy day! Her next comment is

“ Hi Jane, 
This is my contribution for Day 5.
No guesses today !”


Now we’ve got a flying visit to Canada with Bernice.  She says

 Well overnight we had snow too but just a little dusting but very cold today.  Now tell me why does your  instructions for Day 6 show a straight set of rings whereas  mine have started to turn?

Bernice

Tatting in Calgary Alberta Canada”


Don’t worry about the ‘turn’, Bernice.  It will all sort itself out in the end.  That’s one of the advantages of doing a TIAS - it makes us all take things slowly and notice things we didn’t notice before because we just carried on with the pattern.  




Judy has come up with a suggestion today.  She thinks it may be a - well I’ll leave it to her to tell you

 Jane, 
Well, maybe it is a baby carriage! ”

It could be, Judy but we’ve already done a baby carriage!!!  I’m a bit devious so it could be another one!!!!



Andrea has just arrived in my inbox and she says

“ Hi Jane,
Lovely photos of snowy Stratford. Missing our visits to the theatre. Today's guestimate is a fish. So much rain lately, we could all be swimming! I love drawing with my grandchildren ... lots of fun. Xxx ”

Love your drawings, Andrea. I look forward to opening your emails to see what you come up with next!!!  


Stephanie has arrived next.  Here’s her comment

 Maybe it COULD be a lamb’s leg….but the back one, not the front….or the back flipper of a sea turtle….or maybe one of those hats with long ear flaps that hang down on each side.

 Or a poodle!  Yeah, they’re fluffy!

 All that to say I really haven’t a clue.

Stephanie”


Well the best thing about a leg of a lamb is the taste of it when it’s been roasted!!!  I’m sure you didn’t want to hear that, though!!!  Pleased to hear you haven’t got a clue, though!!!



Next in is Wendy and this is what she has to say

 Hello Jane,
I still think it could be a whale.  Dave hasn’t a clue now!
Fun though.  I’ d been knitting for a while, nice to get back to tatting.
Wendy”

Tell Dave to get his thinking cap on for day 7!!!




Now here’s a clever guess and a super picture from Karen who says

 Thank you. Your instructions are beautifully clear.
Karen VandenAkker”

Thank you, Karen - I’m so pleased you find the pattern easy to follow.



Maren is next in my inbox and she says

“ Hi Jane,
I was thinking it could be some kind of bird, but after today I can only see a fluffy alpaca leg. Hmm the plot thickens..
Best
Maren”

I’m not sure about your guesses Maren. One could be right but maybe it’s not!!



Julie is back now with her day 6 and her daughter is guessing too.  This is what they said

 My daughter is guessing a fairy. Makes me think of Tinker bell.I am still not sure. I like what someone else said it could be a fox, squirrel or beaver. Patiently waiting for day 7. Julie”


That’s the last entry for today.  I’ll be back in the morning with any that have come into my inbox overnight. Goodnight.

No comments: