Wednesday 20 January 2021

A very full inbox!!!!

It's going to take me a while to catch up this morning.   I'll do some now before I get dressed and have breakfast!!!

First in during my sleeping hours is Rose Anne  in Canada who has sent in day four and says

"Brrrrrr it's a chilly day here, so I'm glad I'm home and TIAS Day 4 is in and done!  Hmmmm reminds me of our Canadian beaver's huge oval tail.  Ohhhhh!


Rose Anne Burdeny
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada 




Next in is Dani who's drawn a picture of her guess!!!  I wonder if she's right?

"hi Jane!

so, the rest of my guesses are already doomed… maybe a Santa Hat?

dani"




Next in is Edit who is checking on her colours.  I'm not going to say anything in case I give everybody a clue!!!


"Kedves Jane!

Köszönöm a játékot,remélem nem választottam rosszul színt a figurához!
Jó egészséget,jó munkát!
Edit
Dear Jane! Thanks for the game, I hope I didn't choose the wrong color for the figure! Good health, good work! Edit"

Kay Lyn is next to arrive with her trusty helper Aonghas and s
he says

"Dear Jane,
Well, Aonghas isn't sure today.  There could be numerous options, and he KNOWS that you refuse to give hints..... It could be a mythical creature like he first guessed, or it could be a critter like him who have nice "floofy" straight tails, or it could be bunny ears like one of the other nice ladies draws.  Could it be a lop eared bunny or another kind of bunny?  Who knows?   Nevertheless, Aonghas likes the game because he gets treats for holding still when Mom takes photos.
Thanks for the fun!
Kay Lynn & Aonghas"


Judy is next in and this is her comment

"Jane, 
What to my wondering eyes I saw no split rings!
I am back at work..bummer so my emails will be late or early..depends how you look at it. Still with caterpillar..
Judy"

Not at the moment, Judy.  No split rings BUT I'm not saying there won't be more!!!  Such a shame that work gets in the way of tatting.

Next I have an AMAZING drawing from Andrea with her guess.  Thanks SO much, Andrea.  She says

"Hi Jane, 
I'm glad my bunny cheered you up.  Hope you are feeling better. 
Hopefully this dragon will hit the mark and his fiery breath will keep us warm!  It's been such a dreary, cold day with local flooding. Fortunately we are higher up, so it doesn't affect us.  Sitting by our wood burning stove whilst tatting this afternoon,  gave me the idea. 
Happy Tatting
Andrea"

We haven't had much rain here and we're high up from the river too.  Glad you're keeping warm.

Rekha has just joined the game, welcome aboard!!  She's sent in her days 1 to 3 with the following comment

"Hello Jane!
I sat down tonight and did days 1 to 3. Here's my progress so far. The black reminds me of a fuzzy caterpillar. Can't wait to see what this becomes!
Best wishes,
Rekha"

Now I have Rita who asks

"It's a feather?
Rita"

I'm not telling, Rita!!! Keep guessing although feather MIGHT be right!!!

Next in is Nancy G who simply says

"Joyfully, Nancy G"

Thanks, Nancy.


Back again is Christine with her gorgeous peacock shuttle.  She says

"Hello Jane!
My husband and I went out today for groceries and essentials and I had time to tat Day 4 while riding in the car.  (More tatting time is one of the reasons I prefer for him to drive. :)
It is looking less like a squirrel's bushy tail now and more like a leaf...
-Christine in Alabama"

Hmmmm, a leaf?  I wonder!!!  I love the leaf shaped mat your TIAS is sitting on.  Very clever.

Back after breakfast.  If I don't have it now it'll soon be lunchtime!!!

I'm back with Mary's day 4 and she says

"I keep trying to figure out where this is going after Day 4 and I have no clue! Your imagination far exceeds mine."

Maybe day 5 will help you out, Mary!!!



Now has Carol finally caught me out and does she really have the answer?  Here's what she says

"Hello Jane:
I've finished Day 3, and think it is a tatting shuttle!
Always, Carol
bloggins as Lelia at
Stitches of Life"


Fiona is next in with her day four.  She says

"Dear Jane
Here is my day four. Maybe we are making a critter after all, and so far we have made a leg of a fluffy Alpaca?  
Kind regards
Fiona :"

I wonder.  An alpaca?  I've not done one of those so it could be!!!

Valerie has made me smile with her question!!!!  She says

"Bonjour Jane, 
je me pose des questions sur le motif final. . . Serait ce 2 milles pattes l'un sur l'autre ? ?
Bises à tous 
Hello Jane, I wonder about the final motive. . . Could it be 2 thousand legs on top of each other? ? Kisses to all"

Well, Valerie, I'm not sure!!  What sort of creature would that be?!?!?



Cristina is next and she's waiting for the next part!!!  She says

"Good morning Jane
Here is my "wavy flower". Waiting for the next tip.
Have a nice day
Cristina"

Maybe tomorrow will be day 5, Cristina.  I'm not sure yet!!!


Next in is Anita and this is what she says

"Hi Jane,
This is my day 4, and now it looks like the grin of the Cheshire cat :-) :-)"

Well you made me grin, Anita but I'm not a Cheshire cat!!!!



Finally the last in my inbox on this session is from Celine who says

"Hi Jane, hope to find you well.
I did day 4 during lunch break yesterday. It may look like the body of an animal, maybe a sheep 🐑 
Nice day to all,
Céline 🐮"

I think you could be right, Celine.  BUT you could be wrong too!!!!



Cindy has just popped into my inbox with her TIAS.  Welcome, Cindy.  She says

 I think I finally figured out how to reach you. I am enjoying this little project as I am able to get in a little bit of tatting with my morning tea before heading to work. Here is my day 4”

Yes you’ve found me and many others, Cindy!!  


Marco is next to arrive and she says

 Hello here is day four.
I think it looks lik e a feather from a dream catcher
Greetings Marco”

Coretta has joined us for the first time today.  She’s sent in all her days 1 to 4.  Here’s what she says

Hello Jane! 
So delighted that you are doing TIAS again this January! 
I am a little slow to the game as I had come down with strep throat but I’m feeling much better now and catching up. Here are days 1-4. 
Beaver tail, slug, or caterpillar in it’s current state. Looking forward to the evolution. 
Thanks,
Coretta”

Cheryl has just arrived with her day 4 and this is the story of her day

“ 
OK here's my guess. A squirrel. Not a really great drawing. I'm tired today. Hubby and I went to a city an hour away and went to the hospital. He needed to have a detached retina repaired. Fortunately he'd  caughted it soon and it wasn't too big a deal to repair. I drove home from the big city. So I'm pooped out today. But not too much to do the TIAS. 

Great drawing, Cheryl.


Marla has just arrived with all her days from one to four!!!  She says

 Sorry I’m late!   I promise to do better! 👍🏻
Here are my days 1, 2, 3, & 4.... all in one!  
I have been following along with your posts of everyone’s work and all the fun guessing.... however, At this point I can honestly say “I have no idea!” 🤷‍♀️
Marla.... 😁”

You’re never too late to start (or finish) a TIAS!!!


Now a welcome to another newcomer today.  This time it’s Eva from Sweden who says

 Hi, 
This is my first TIAS and I was a bit slow in the beginning but now I'm on to it! This is fun! But I don't know what to guess - but surely an animal of some kind!😁
Tatting from Sweden
Eva”

Who knows if it’s an animal or not!!!!


 Stephanie is back with her day 4 - and as usual, two of them!!  She says

 Hi Jane!

I was thinking of Charlie Brown’s dog Snoopy as I tatted this bit – when he is doing his ‘happy dance’ and his ears are flopping around….I guess I’m still thinking long, droopy dog ears.  

On the other hand, DH thought it looked like a beaver tail….or kangaroo ears….or an oar from a boat (boat to be revealed as the TIAS progresses?).  😊  

And yesterday I was thinking ‘wooly worm’ caterpillar, although I’m not sure whether that’s an American South creature or if they’re worldwide.  Very fuzzy caterpillars, old-timers INSIST you can predict the winter weather by how many (and what color) there are in the autumn.   

Whatever it is, this is great fun, and I’m SO glad you and BC3 decided to run a TIAS this year. 

Stephanie”


SO many ideas, Stephanie!!



Llewelyn has now arrived in my inbox and she says


 Greetings Jane! Here's Day 2,3 and 4.

Mistakes were made.  -an extra picot and a wrong join which, when they were discovered many stitches later,
I declined to correct.  
Cheers anyhoo! Llewelyn in Alabama.”

Well to be honest, Llewelyn it’s not going to make any difference and looks fine to me.  You’ve got away with it!!!!!  Carry on tatting!!!


Time for bed but tomorrow will be day 5 so be ready!!!!








1 comment:

occhitat said...

This game is so fun! I love reading all the comments--and the pictures!
Thank you, Jane!!
Katie V in NC USA